Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

.wake up and smell the coffee, townies

Originally Posted By: The Slayer
oh, i do know a lot of things.

a lot is about to u townies.
and i got the inside track.

so, wait and watch this space
I know a lot of things too . Like dossers rights go a long way these days. countingsheep

Slayer - you are a cantankerous bloke but you do speak some sense... Mr Furlong has been released by QPR, still has family and friends in the area (Wood Green)and, if second hand knowledge can be believed (and sometimes it can, sometimes it can't) might be easily persuaded to look at a player/coach player/manager role at a non-league level.

Money may not be a major issue - the need for Mr F to gain experience in a non-playing role could easily supercede this.

Might be an interesting conversation...

Originally Posted By: Father Jack
Originally Posted By: Out_Of_Towner
we couldnt possibly afford his services lovely stuff ,Dream on mate. doah

How do you know?
Mr Furlong could still easily play at league 2 / conf level and still earn a reasonable wage ,Do you seriously think he'll be interested in Town .

Originally Posted By: Father Jack
we couldnt possibly afford his services lovely stuff ,Dream on mate. doah

How do you know?
Mr Furlong could still easily play at league 2 / conf level and still earn a reasonable wage ,Do you seriously think he'll be interested in Town .

Maybe he has worked for money for years and just for a change he'd like to enjoy his work (and has no money worries)?

Paul Jewell could easily manage at premier or championship level.But will he be doing so next season?

At Furlongs age,i'm sure he's considering his options after the pro game.Be that Coaching/Business interests/Spending more time with family..etc.IF he's totally committed to continuing to play or coach at the highest level possible to him,then yes,he could easily pick up a one year contract at a div2 or conference club,BUT if he wishes to spend more time relaxing with family and friends,and do some playing and coaching locally (to see if coaching or management is something he wishes to pursue long term).Then Town could be ideal.His connections to people involved with our club also give us an added advantage.

(Saying that, we would have had a better chance if we had actually been promoted)

I'm sure Furlong has never forgotten were his career all started and probably has a big heart for enfield & enfield town and the old cliche that he looks for our results.

I'm not sure if there is anyone at the club at boardroom/coaching level that were in the same capacity way back when, but i'm sure a little word in his ear to see what Pauls future plans are and maybe a word that the door is wide open for by far enfields greatest footballing export to come back to the borough and ply his trade one more time.

This would be bar far etfc biggest signing to date and the knowledge and experience he can pass on would be a great benefit for the whole club.

Is this just wishful thinking or is there a glimmer of hope?

Originally Posted By: Stone Cold

This would be bar far etfc biggest signing to date and the knowledge and experience he can pass on would be a great benefit for the whole club.

Rubbish!!! What about Sooper Kev!!!??? evil

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy

You would not be trying to bait souper gazza would you?

Originally Posted By: Rhymenreason
Originally Posted By: Mr Happy

You would not be trying to bait souper gazza would you?

Moi!!!??? giggle