Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Next Season

ronin

Reading the another forum it seems there may be some news about which teams will make up our division in the next few days. A meeting to allocate clubs into their divisions/leagues is due to be held tomorrow (8th) and another meeting to confirm the changes will be held on the 14th.

It will be interesting to see what changes they make, the rumours going around for Ryman North are that Ilford will not be relegated, Aveley move to Ryman South and the strangest one of all Dartford move to Ryman North.

If Dartford join our division i guess our pre-season game would be off.

Part of me wouldn't mind Dartford being in our league. They get crowds of over 1,000 so certainly would bring some much needed away support.

On the other side of it if Dartford were in our league, they would be a major threat along with Sudbury and Enfield Town to our promotion hopes.

There are some fairly well supported clubs in Ryman South with the likes of Dartford, Dover, Tooting and Mitcham, Worthing and Dulwich Hamlet in there. Doesn't necessarily mean they're better than alot of Ryman North sides.

Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
they should define the border for definate and of re structured it so it would work,all this chopping and changing is not doing the clubs any good

Easy to say but how the hell would you go about doing it?

Interesting to note that the Ryman South consider themselves stronger....This season in the cups we beat Tooting away,Kingstonian away,Chatham away and Met Police at home. Watching those games, all I could think was how weak the Ryman south was compared to the North.

It's a bit ridiculous that Aveley are moving to the South and Dartford coming the other way. Why try and confuse things?

The problem with regionalised leagues is that you've got two leagues feeding into one and if both the teams relegated fall in only one region, other teams have to move around. It's a ridiculous scenario where you end up having Ketteting in Conference North with Barrow and Kings Lynn in the Southern league with Bath.

The problem is worst between the Conference Sout/North and the next step where there are only three leagues as opposed to the four there needs to be. That's a debate for elsewhere though.

Originally Posted By: ronin
they should define the border for definate and of re structured it so it would work,all this chopping and changing is not doing the clubs any good

i am not paid to make those decisions,but clear boundaries should be set up by the league and should be stuck to,for some clubs to not know where they are playing after the season ends is a farce

Originally Posted By: ronin

i am not paid to make those decisions,but clear boundaries should be set up by the league and should be stuck to,for some clubs to not know where they are playing after the season ends is a farce

It can never be sorted 100% without stopping some clubs from being relegated and others from promotion and nobody is going to agree to that.

Originally Posted By: Ribbit
If Ilford don't get relegated, who's going to replace Brentwood in the ESL?

Wouldn`t be suprised if no other club joined, the ESL only has 16 teams as it is. I have read that the ESL want more clubs but cannot get anyone with the correct ground grading, i hear White Ensign want to join and the ESL want them but their ground is not up to it.

Do you mean the Essex clubs currently in the Ridgeons League?

I would be assuming the likes of Harwich, Halstead, Saffron Walden, Tiptree etc.

As well as the changes at our level there are still important things to be sorted at Conference level.

Crawley have until Friday to pay their debts off or they will be thrown out of the division.

Boston may not be allowed into the Conference mainly due to the way they broke nearly all the rules last time they were there.

Lancaster City are in administration after being relegated from Conference North and are likely to drop further down the leagues which will probably save Harrow Borough from relegation from the Ryman Premier.

I`m glad i`m not the one who has to sort out the mess.