Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Next Season

ronin

The same as what happens now, presumably. If a club folds/relocates then someone extra would be moved into the league/not moved out. If a club declines promotion... well, a club finishing in those positions should not be able to decline promotion.

Originally Posted By: Ribbit
I completely agree. There should be automatic promotion/relegations from all leagues. No-one should have to apply and as long as the ground is good enough (read: basic saftey) they'll be allowed in.

I did notice that EOL is level 7 opposed to the ESL at level 5. Is there a league at level 6 in Essex?

Not as far as I am aware Ribbit. I know that the ESL would dearly like to have a Div 1 to add to their existing Premier one which would operate at level 6 but until the ESL Premier gets up to full (20/21/22) club complement they cannot move forward with that.

Also any club involved in promotion opportunities from a potential ESL Div 1 to the Premier would need to have the appropriate ground grading status including floodlights which are necessary at level 5.

This partly answers Paula's question as I believe that 5 is the lowest level that requires floodlights. Although I could be wrong as I often am! grin

Whilst in principle I agree that promotion should be automatic, it can be destabilising. This has been demonstrated several times in recent seasons particularly when the promotion was from the regional leagues to the national Conference, with all the extra costs involved - travel, overnight stays, need to pay players more to compensate from being away from work longer.

My view is that we need a smoother pyramid which allows a gentle transition.

Very sad if that does happen.

It looks doubtful they will come into the Ryman, a post on Farnborough`s forum says they will be going into the Southern League 1 South & West division.

Also saw a post on another forum saying that AFC Wimbledon were moving across to the Southern League Premier with Wealdstone coming into the Ryman but i doubt that is true.

I wonder whether Wimbledon think it's an easier league to win.

It makes sense for Farnborough to play in that division, but Wimbledon in the Southern Premier? This is the problem with having properly defined boundaries between the Isthmian and the Southern. Wimbledon shouldn't be able to switch leagues and neither should anyone else, unless it makes sense geographically, which that move clearly wouldn't.