Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Brimmo

Probably not.I doubt they tried to intricately play their way to the goal.They not doubt played percentage football and lumped it up to big awkward forwards or hit long diagonal balls into the corners (as did most of Towns opponents this season).Thats the sort of play that will bear fruit on Brimmos rockhard surface.

I still maintain that we need to introduce a watering system OR employ the type of players who CAN play route-one percentage football.Obviously i would much prefur the former,but if not,something needs to be done to ensure we pick up more points at home.

Originally Posted By: Steph
LS

Have you not looked at the home form table lately?

Home form,or recent home results? OK,we picked up a few wins near the end of the season against the likes of Tilbury and Flackwell,but i'm sure you'll agree that both of those sides were very very weak..The fact remains that recently we have played against two top-five sides at home.Maldon and Sudbury.We lost to both.We also lost to Hornchurch and Enfield on the hard pitches at the start of the season.Combine that with further home loses this season to teams such as Rothwell,Redbridge,Edgware,Potter Bar .Proves that once again that we can't win consistantly at home,and certainly not in the big games.
Its not just at home.Look at the Ilford game,beaten by a bunch of park-standard kids on a bouncy dusty pitch.You expect some away games like that,but if we were regulary picking up wins at home,away games like that wouldn't be as damaging to our promotion hopes.