Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

unfortunaybest signing???

After an unfotunate end to the season we have to take positives out what happened, i think we have a strong squad going into next season and the partnerships seem to be forming all over the pitch. Especially down the right hand side with jamie nay and paul campbell. what do people think our best signing has been this season, taking into account the future and recent performances, let me konw!

Seems to me there's a link here between Saturday's Presentation Night and the answer to the question. Even then, I doubt whether we'll all agree!

I think though that it would be true to say that all of the new signings that completed the season added somthing to those that they replaced. Let's hope they are all still around next season. If they are, I see no reason that a serious and consistent attempt could be made to win the league and avoid the dreaded play offs, as well as achieving some success in cup competitions.

Players i would like to see stay with Town for next season.

JJ,Nay,Allen,Gant,Tickner,Bastian,Carroll,Stephens,Campbell,R.Hall,Jones,Velendia,Nyman,Crace.

Looks like we have plenty of defendive cover.If we could add a winger and forward to that squad,we could be in business.

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff

JJ,Nay,Allen,Gant,Tickner,Bastian,Carroll,Stephens,Campbell,R.Hall,Jones,Velendia,Nyman,Crace......

Cant argue with that LS, good call, my only reservations are JJ, still think he goes walkabout too much & Stephens who to me always looks more solid in midfield, scares the life out of me when in defence.

Idealy I would like to see Carroll & Allen as a centre back pairing, with Nay & Bastian as full backs.

I think the Gay Slayer is trying to suggest that Mr Fenn is in line for the job.

I think that coming third two seasons running means that Jim deserves to stay as our manager (even if performances have not been as consistant as those league positions might suggest),BUT we NEED to progress next season.That means automatic promotion or promotion through the play-offs.

And...................That means at least 3 quality signings right down the spine of the team.

1, A good, solid, tall, dependable, experienced centre half.

2, A ball winning, midfield "leader" ( maybe Captain ).

3, A tall, strong, proven goal scoring, centre forward.

There, not much to ask for is it.

ps

And maybe a good utility player to fill in as required.

JJ,Nay,Allen,Gant,Tickner,Bastian,Carroll,Stephens,Campbell,R.Hall,Jones,Velendia,Nyman,Crace.

Looks like we have plenty of defendive cover.If we could add a winger and forward to that squad,we could be in business.

As for not agreeing SoB - I can agree this list of players with LS but I might add Ashley Harris who I thought did well.

Originally Posted By: OldTowner
And...................That means at least 3 quality signings right down the spine of the team.

ps

Similar to Jim's comments in the Gazette.

I think the Gay Slayer is trying to suggest that Mr Fenn is in line for the job.

I think that coming third two seasons running means that Jim deserves to stay as our manager (even if performances have not been as consistant as those league positions might suggest),BUT we NEED to progress next season.That means automatic promotion or promotion through the play-offs.

I sincerely hope that, should Jim decide to step aside, the board do not go straight ahead and appoint a new manager without consulting the membership first.

Originally Posted By: The Slayer
i heard, there is a new manager, in waiting.

and it a former fav f u peeps, and a former player.

wacth this space. i shall be talking to the man concerned 2moro.

Ifs buts and maybe's......................

If JC did retire I would hope we could find him a place on the Board as a Director?

There are lots of former players who might fit the bill. I would not object on first inspection to Bryan Hammatt (if the former player aspect is a reality - no disrespects).

I reckon Saint could do a good job for us - any chance?

Anyone who did take it on would expect NO let up in the expectations so an empty trophy cabinet would be just as frowned on.

I'm sure the slayer would favour Mr Fenn I dont.

Other managers I'm impressed with are Andy Leese and Bobby Ballard. Yes I know they didn't finish at the top of R1N but we are all entitled to have "inconsistent" opinions.

For the last couple of seasons,the only manager i thought may be able to improve on Jims leadership was Andy Leese.If he is not available ,then even more reason to continue with Jim.

Before this season Jim stated he would resign if we didn't make the play-offs.He may need to go one step further next season and state that promotion will be needed for himself to continue in the job.

Lets all get behind Jim for a big promotion push in 2007-8.If it doesn't happen,then that is the time for talk about new managers.Don't forget,that good squad of players that we are talking about were all brought in by Jim.He has the ability to attract quality footballers and has the midas touch of having his teams consistantly in the top five in any league he competes in.Next season will prove once and for all if he can make the next step and improve his tactical and selection choices enough to move onto the next level.

Originally Posted By: andyetfc

ps

Andy.
I have not seen the Local Rag this week, but it does not take a a tactical genius to work it out does it !!

Originally Posted By: andyetfc

ps

Andy.
I have not seen the Local Rag this week, but it does not take a a tactical genius to work it out does it !!

Or Jim's similar to yours!