Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

unfortunaybest signing???

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
Originally Posted By: OldTowner
Originally Posted By: OldTowner
And...................That means at least 3 quality signings right down the spine of the team.

1, A good, solid, tall, dependable, experienced centre half.
2, A ball winning, midfield "leader" ( maybe Captain ).
3, A tall, strong, proven goal scoring, centre forward.

There, not much to ask for is it.

ps
And maybe a good utility player to fill in as required.

Similar to Jim's comments in the Gazette.

Andy.
I have not seen the Local Rag this week, but it does not take a a tactical genius to work it out does it !!

Or Jim's similar to yours!

Sounds like Jim intends to stick around!

Originally Posted By: Rhymenreason
Sounds like Jim intends to stick around!

In this weeks Gazette JC mentioned that Town are likely to play Fisher Athletic in a 2007/08 pre-season friendly. While Jim's in discussion with the tenants from Champion Hill he should ask about signing Omari Coleman. He would be an ideal candidate for the big centre forward position he’s looking for!

On the subject of the Enfield Gazette, why wasn’t The Horses Mouth feature in there this week? Surely the play-off failure inspired THM to pen some more thoughts on the conclusion to the season?

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Hope the Fisher game is not away.Remember going there to watch EFC about 12 years ago.(I think it was around the time Malcolm Allison was involved with them).Stadium was a bitch to get too.Do they still play at the same ground?

MA was manager, & I think you'll find that it was in 1990.

Getting from Enfield to London Bridge is no breeze at rush hour.I also remember the journey to East Dulwich station being dark miserable and slightly sinister.But thats Public transport for you,i suppose.

By car would not be any better,with a painfully slow trip down to the south circ.

....I also remember the journey to East Dulwich station being dark miserable and slightly sinister.But thats Public transport for you,i suppose.....

No that's just South London in general!! biglaugh

........Mind you, we still have a manager so why do we need another one?

There you go again, I not going to bite though
............................................................................................................................
honest Im not
...................................................................................... evil

The players and manager have done very well this season getting to the position they finished in. Nearly got promotion in to the ryman premier in only there second season in this league. What people dont understand is that if Jim was to go to another club then alot of the players would follow him too and the person that takes over the reigns would have to start from scratch. I personally think that with a few good summer siginings we can win the league this season.

if we are after players Barnet have released 14 players, most of whom were part time!

As for management, you can not argue with JC's record, but it is the future that concerns me.

Whilst ASA was truly a god, of warm ups, has he a proven track record?

If not JC then who?

Originally Posted By: TrueTowner
The players and manager have done very well this season getting to the position they finished in. Nearly got promotion in to the ryman premier in only there second season in this league. What people dont understand is that if Jim was to go to another club then alot of the players would follow him too and the person that takes over the reigns would have to start from scratch. I personally think that with a few good summer siginings we can win the league this season.

How do you know a lot of the players would follow. Do they play for ETFC or the manager?

Alot of the players that Jim has brought in would follow him. Maybe not every single player but i bet a good few of them would. Some of the players play for the club and others play for the manager. Its like Arsenal would the likes of fabergas, henry etc be at Arsenal if Wenger wasnt there???

Not at all Gazza. When Jim underachieves and doesnt deliver then it will be time to go. But for now I think it will be a step backwards if he leaves or is sacked. A few people on here seem to have a grudge against him for some reason. Suppose we all have a right to our own opinion but we are all supporting the same team at the end of the day.

Fair point, I for one do not have a grudge against him, I find him quite genuine & very approachable and totally agree we do all have our own opinions but above all we all support our team.

I base my views on what we see week in week out on the pitch and many times over the past couple of years find it very frustrating that we dont seem to learn from our mistakes.

Before this season Jim stated he would resign if we didn't make the play-offs.He may need to go one step further next season and state that promotion will be needed for himself to continue in the job.

HE swallowed hard but I believe Jim did state that last night! So Lovely Stuff he listens to you!