Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Eurovision freakshow.

After watching Real Madrid make a spectacular comeback to win 4-3 against Espanol I then watched the complete freak show that was Eurovision.

Luckily I managed to watch it in the comfort of our clubhouse with a few beers and decent company.

What I have to ask is was the mental asylums across Europe letting everybody out for the weekend?

I will not say anything about the Serbian entry that won it but the Ukrainians looked a bunch of extras from the Wizard of Oz and there seemed to be a load of weirdos banging drums and stuff.

As for the people giving out the scores from the respective countries, they ranged from rather attractive young ladies, women who should have stayed behind the iron curtain and some of the blokes, well need I say more!!!

I think Eurovision was just an excuse to round up the weirdest people all over Europe and see if any of them could sing a half decent song which most of them failed to do.

Not sure if it was entertaining or the biggest pile of poo I've ever seen!!!

We'll see if there is any improvement next year.

It was the sort of cringeworthy television that made you want to shout at your TV screen and take great comfort in the fact that you seemed normal compared to some of the people on that show.

Who was that freak in pink that kept going round 'interviewing' people in a high-pitched squeak or wail? Complete nonsense.

I can never quite understand why the likes of Croatia and Bosnia vote for Serbia and vice versa. They weren't exactly best of pals 10 years ago.

Bit surprised Finland and Sweden voted for each other. Thought they hated each other.

Montenegro gave Serbia 12 points as well. Perhaps a thank you for granting them independance last year.

It's the same with some of the former Soviet Union states such as Armenia and Georgia voting for Russia. They didn't have a good word to say about the Russians and were very quick to gain independance from the Soviet Union in the early 90s.

As for that abberation in pink, was that Finland's answer to Paris Hilton?

The song contest is a complete farce nowadays,but it was no better in the past.

Gina G come well down in the final tables,but the song went on to be No2 in America.It was also No1 in 6 countries that did not give it a point.

I only watch it because of the voting farce,but now it is just stupid.

France and the UK are the main financial contributors to the contest and maybe the BBC should pull out and let the rest of Europe fund the farce.

Wonder why we came joint second from bottom ????

It couldn't have anything to do with the fact that we went to war with the U.S.A. in Iraq, - COULD IT ??

I thought our entry was the best for years.

The whole contest has become a political farce.

The only good thing about it, is the marking at the end. Wiggy Wogan is usually pretty well p1ssed by then, and he does come out with some 'crackers' !!

Like when Moldovia were awarded some points;

WOGAN:- "Moldovia ?? Where the Ff..." (Pause) "Where's Moldovia ??"

That Skootch song was complete toilet in fact it was embarrassing. We have loads of talented bands in this country, in fact I think the music scene at the moment is the most exciting it's been since the mid nineties.

Get one of those to perform instead of a load of talentless hasbeens doing stupid dances and singing rubbish lyrics that mean sod all!!!

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
Originally Posted By: cantos
We could put the Beatles up ,and still wouldn't get any points.

They would if you could produce John Lennon, and George Harrison! laugh

If only.

The best thing to do is to accept that it's a farce, never take it seriously and send total pee-take acts. Like Lithuania (I think?) did last year. Brilliant!

And of course stop funding it. Equal entry fees for all entrants. No pay no play. That'd sort out a few of them.

And - a strict Europe-only policy. Further, ALL of your country has to be in Europe, not just a tiny bit of it (that's nicked anyway and should be re-taken...) Are you listening Turkey??

P.S. Malta can be allowed in OK. What's a bit of Med between friends...

Wasn't Israel in it one year?