Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Eurovision freakshow.

• 2 years later...

I assume that we will all be glued to our tv sets this evening to watch the Eurovision Song Contest from Germany. Whatever people say about it it's still compulsive viewing, even more so tonight if that's possible with Blue and Jedward taking part, the latter of which could well run away with it

I thought Jedward were robbed blind last night and deserved to win with their catchy ditty 'Lipstick', it was the usual story of strategic voting and when Cyprus gave Greece twelve points that said it all really.

I thought Jedward were robbed blind last night and deserved to win with their catchy ditty 'Lipstick', it was the usual story of strategic voting and when Cyprus gave Greece twelve points that said it all really.

You sound surprised.

You sound surprised.

Cyprus and Greece practically invented strategic voting in the Eurovision so not really a shock.

Here are some interesting voting statistics from a discussion board following Saturday's contest, Western European Countries didn't want to know about the Azerbaijan song, indeed it only got 12 points from three Countries out of the entire 43 who voted, that said it all really:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=50095009#post50095009

Here are some interesting voting statistics from a discussion board following Saturday's contest, Western European Countries didn't want to know about the Azerbaijan song, indeed it only got 12 points from three Countries out of the entire 43 who voted, that said it all really:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=50095009#post50095009

Can't be bothered to read that but I believe that the Bosnian song got the most 'douze points' on the night so should that have won? I think the fact the winning song was only the top point scorer in three countries shows how close the contest was this year unlike 2009 when Aleksandr Rybak won by a country mile. Incidentally rhodesy you'll be interested to know that Australia shows the Eurovison (both semis and the final) over a weekend and has an internal televote - of the 25 finalists they picked your favourites Jedward while Azerbaijan came bottom

• 1 year later...

So what did members think of Engelbert's performance earlier tonight then or are you all watching Norway v England, how very inconvenient of the predictable FA to arrange a meaningless friendly in Oslo on the same night of the prestigious Eurovision Song Contest