Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hayes & Yeading FC

ronin

Hayes and Yeading FC – Merged rivals, the new force in Conference League

Blue Square South the new name for the Football Conference Southern Division will play host to a new club with a familiar looking name for season 2007/08.

Hayes and Yeading FC are the new entity created by the merger of Hayes FC and Yeading FC. The two sides, both members of last season’s Conference South and both located within the West Middlesex town of Hayes have decided to join forces, integrate resources and bring together a community, creating a new super-club on the non-league scene.

The combined forces of Middlesex and West London’s senior semi-professional football clubs will further raise the profile of non-league football in an area that traditionally struggles for crowds against local Premiership and Football League sides.

http://www.yeadingfc.co.uk/

Was only 2 and a half years ago that Yeading reached the third round of the FA cup and lost to Newcastle.

A bit sad really but neither side were getting great crowds with both struggling to get more than 150-200 most weeks.

Originally Posted By: YELLOW
Was only 2 and a half years ago that Yeading reached the third round of the FA cup and lost to Newcastle.

A bit sad really but neither side were getting great crowds with both struggling to get more than 150-200 most weeks.

I remember it well. Me and Gary Dover were the Yeading vocal support that day!

Two questions:

1) If both were in the Conference South last year, that means it will now have one less team. Who is the replacement?

2) Where will Hayes & Yeading play next year? Hayes or Yeading or does my memory need a shake up becuase they shared a ground?

1. "Weston Super Mare Football Club have been offered a provisional place in the Conference South league. Farnborough’s financial difficulties have forced their resignation from the League reducing the potential relegatees to two, but a very recent announcement that Hayes and Yeading propose to merge could mean that only one club is relegated so saving Weston from the first relegation in their history. This ‘salvation’ is, however, subject to the FA approving the merger and Weston’s retention in the Conference South"

2. I believe they plan to play 1st team games at Hayes and use Yeading for reserve games but i doubt it will be too long before one of the grounds is sold for development.

A one-team relegation is a joke. I'm a firm believer of relegating the worst teams and promoting the best. Whether that means promoting more teams, or keeping the league at a lower level for that season is something I'm undecided upon, however. Teams fight all season to stay out of the bottom three/four and then the season ends and they think they're relegated, but no, circumstances have changed and they manage to be safe in 21st/23rd place.