Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

tragic events in portugal...

Blue Fan - Thanks for that, I'm sure Allan Fenn is a lovely bloke, he should come on the Forum more often to put the record straight.

• 1 month later...

I note from the Evening Standard yesterday that the McCanns have finally been cleared of any wrong doing, I think they should therefore receive compensation for what they have had to go through which can be put towards the Maddie Fund, that's the very least the Portuguese Police can do for their sheer incompetence.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I note from the Evening Standard yesterday that the McCanns have finally been cleared of any wrong doing, I think they should therefore receive compensation for what they have had to go through which can be put towards the Maddie Fund, that's the very least the Portuguese Police can do for their sheer incompetence.

They will always be guilty of neglect

Have you or Keeper No.1 never left Baby Keeps or your other child on their own at any time thinking they will be perfectly safe, the McCann's were just unlucky and in the wrong place at the wrong time.

yep,lets give them loads of money for leaving their kids alone and getting one snatched.Soon every chav scum will think this is ok and start leaving their kids alone,then letting paedo's know there are kids alone at their home address so they can go round snatch them and the couple get compo!!!

Great idea Rhodes!!!

Originally Posted By: The Invisible Man
Mrs Keep's comment suggests that she has not neglected her child by leaving him unattended.

Clearly Mrs Keeps has cleverly responded to my post knowing what my reaction would be so you could all continue to have a pop, actually she did not suggest anything of the sort in her post and I am sure that she and Keeper No.1 have left Baby Keeps and their other child unattended before. I remember a similar such case years before on the island of Kos in Greece when a young child called Ben Needham was abducted and never seen again, this got nowhere near the amount of publicity the McCann's case did but Ben's Mother was not labelled negligent and tarred and feathered in the press.

Just been informed that the above is not right but there was a similar case where the father snatched a child on holiday in greece and the courts could do nothing.

I think the difference between the cases is that with the media nowadays we are much more aware that leaving kids alone could cause problems,back say 20 years or so ago these cases were less common and there was more trust in the average person on the street.Both families should of known better but the mccanns are probably thought of being "more" guilty as it was 2007 and many cases of child murders existed then than 20-25 years before

Originally Posted By: blackballed
I see the fishing pole has come out again

Yes it's interesting that Mrs Keeps hasn't been back on since rolling the grenade in earlier and running for cover, she knew exactly what she was doing.

You mean like Keeper No.1, Daffy, Willo the Cat and Nellie to name just four, yes good point.

Rhodes - you being a civil servant would know all about wasting tax payers money!!!

Why the Fuk should they get a penny - they have turned being "greiving" parents into a profesion and ponced trips all over the world (seeing the Pope ect.) They should be charged with child neglect either in Portugal or here in the UK.

And before you ask, no I have never left my son unattended and therefore he has never been "abducted"!!!!

Are there reasons why you see it as alright for children under 5 to be left alone Rhodes?

Staines Rebel - The McCann's went on holiday to Portugal with their three children and naively left them in their hotel room unattended whilst they went out for a meal at a nearby restaurant with their friends, namely the Tapas 7 who, as I understand it, also left their children in their hotel rooms, I have never heard a word mentioned about that. The restaurant was within spitting distance of the hotel, Kate and Gerry went back at regular intervals to check on the children and like I said they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time, your reference about poncing free trips all over the World is irrelevant and out of order as they were paid for out of the Find Maddie fund.

Yes Rhodes you are right we should leave all children unattended and trust to luck that some killer or pedo does not come along and harm them, the mccanns should be supported for the rest of their lives out of the public purse and by charities.

What a wonderful world you live in Rhodes, can we all come and live their?