Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

tragic events in portugal...

So Rhodes you have children - and you being a parent you can not see what the McCanns have done is wrong - I feel sorry for your children.

Rhodes if you still think me & Mrs Keeps are the same person so be it in your little world - but as UM stated I have been around for years and am based on the western side of London.

Keep taking the pills Rhodes - maybe one day they will start working!

Staines Rebel - I'm curious to know why you feel so strongly about this and you continue with your vicious witch hunt even though Kate and Gerry have already paid the ultimate price. They went on holiday to Portugal never imagining in a million years what lay instore for them in a sleepy resort far from the madding crowd and thought, naively but innocently, that their children would be perfectly safe asleep in their hotel room whilst they went for a meal less than a stones throw away.

Anyway I note that you have conveniently failed to comment on the fact that the Tapas 7 also left their children unattended on that fateful night so surely they are equally to blame as the McCann's who sadly drew the short straw, it could have happened to any of them.

Yes the tapas 7 should ALL be prosecuted as they all were negligent and left their children and as such this contributed to the "disapearance" of Maddie.

Why do I continue with this? as I dont want any other children "dissapearing" due to their incompetant parents neglecting them!

Rhodes why do you think the McCanns are so innocent?

By the way Rhodes get your facts correct - they were not in a hotel with staff around to monitor the children they were in an appartment on their own with Maddie being the oldest at 4? years old and 2 younger children right next to the road where anyone could have access.

How old were your children when you left them "home alone"?

This is a sad and emotive topic. I feel so sorry for any parents who lose a child, whether in this way, or when there is an accident or when the child just "wanders off" for a second. These parents were not bad or cruel people, they made a real error of judgement and it has cost them their child's life, in all probability. Let's not judge them too harshly as they have suffered enough, I am sure.

Originally Posted By: Darter
Let's not judge them too harshly as they have suffered enough, I am sure.

Hopefully Staines Rebel will take note but somehow I doubt it

Originally Posted By: Staines Rebel

Rhodes why do you think the McCanns are so innocent?
How old were your children when you left them "home alone"?

Staines Rebel - The McCann's are God faring people, I think you need to sit down and carefully read the article in the link below and then you will hopefully change your mind about Kate, although I'm not holding my breath as your mind seems made up.
Strangely enough the article goes on to answer your second question too where it says that many of us have left our children in situations which (with hindsight) could have been disastrous and it's only the grace of God which saved us from what was surely a one in a million tragedy. That's exactly what it was, a one in a million tragedy:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/columnists/article-488191

So you take the Daily Mail as your source of information - not that the Mail has ever had a narrow view on the world - remember, when has the truth ever got in the way of selling papers!

Rhodes you seem very concerned about how the McCanns feel - Remember it was Maddie who was abducted/killed!

And what has "God faring" got to do with good parenting? - I thought the McCanns were good Catholics and does not Rome preach the sanctaty of life? so what have they got out of their religion for there family (less Maddie) other than having the chance to meet the pope!

Lets just hope YOUR child is not the one in a million Rhodes!!!

One final question which I will ask and answer myself - What would have happened if the McCanns had kept a proper eye on there 3 children? - Well Maddie would be looking forward to the summer holidays as the school year ends and she and her other 2 siblings would be living the lives of a normal family - however that will never be the case due to their parents failings!

P.S.

Maddie paid the price of here parents neglect.

The McCanns are not the victims - Maddie was the Victim!

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
Originally Posted By: Bitch
Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
I will never understand why people are talking on this issue....................When we can all read the Rhodes in all his glory! evil

2 sugars in mine please smile

ARen't you sweet enough?!? evil

How sweet of you to say so... wink

Originally Posted By: Staines Rebel
So you take the Daily Mail as your source of information - not that the Mail has ever had a narrow view on the world - remember, when has the truth ever got in the way of selling papers!

Rhodes you seem very concerned about how the McCanns feel - Remember it was Maddie who was abducted/killed!

And what has "God faring" got to do with good parenting? - I thought the McCanns were good Catholics and does not Rome preach the sanctity of life? so what have they got out of their religion for there family (less Maddie) other than having the chance to meet the pope!

Lets just hope YOUR child is not the one in a million Rhodes!!!

One final question which I will ask and answer myself - What would have happened if the McCanns had kept a proper eye on there 3 children? - Well Maddie would be looking forward to the summer holidays as the school year ends and she and her other 2 siblings would be living the lives of a normal family - however that will never be the case due to their parents failings!

P.S.

Maddie paid the price of here parents neglect.

The McCanns are not the victims - Maddie was the Victim!

Says it all

Mrs Keeps - Why does it say it all, you are just siding with Staines Rebel for obvious reasons.

The bit of the excellent article in the Daily Mail that rung so true for me was where it stated that 'right from the beginning the Portuguese Police suspected Kate purely because their wives were telling them at home that she looked too controlled and did not cry enough'. As we all know in Mediterranean Countries such as Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece, Cyprus and Southern France there is no tradition of the Brits stiff upper lip approach to things and young Mothers soon come to look like 'overblown roses with their child bearing settling around their hips'. Kate apparently told her Mother that she 'has been portrayed and persecuted as a bad parent because she is slim and doesn't look like a rounded hausfrau cutting cookies with one hand while a baby is glued to her ample bosom' and I really couldn't have put it any better myself.

Kate McCann's image has f'all to do with this - it was her ability to put herself before her children that is the issue that lead to the abduction / killing of Maddie.

Rhodes you can belive the Daily Mail - however I have the ability to look at a wider range of news reports and sources of information both from the UK and other parts of Europe and draw my own opinions by looking at the way in which the information was presented and sifting out the dross that is only there to sensationalize and fill out/sell news papers (some of what was printed by the British press was jounalizum of the lowest order).

As I have access to the French media it was intresting to see how they presented the case as they were one step removed from the situation and thus able to put a lot more ballenced picture of the issues of a British family in Portugal.

You and I will never see eye to eye on this Rhodes - heres to hoping that this will never happen to any of our families - our childrens wellfare is in our hands!

Originally Posted By: Urchin Mentalist
rhodes,i cannot believe you are defending these buffoons.
I suppose the bloke on BBC 1 last night with 20 kids in ebbw vale who is an alcoholic and in and out of prison is a good father because he says he loves his kids???

Any chance that Horace is taking bets on the outcome of this one?