Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

tragic events in portugal...

Mrs Keeps you are amost certainly a divinty figure in drag, who else could claim perfection

No parent of two or three children could possibly claim to get all the decisions right, and no ordinary person could claim your divine right in media diagnostic ability

Out of interest how many children have you reared?

Think that in reading posts throughout this thread, the general opinion is no matter what.... they left three children under the age of three to fend for themselves on a regular basis during the course of the holiday, not once, therefore, unfortunately, not 'a' mistake!

Personally I find it worrying that the night before the little girl asked her Mum why she hadn't come when they were crying - I know without a doubt that whenever my kids got worked up at that age they were sods to settle for some time after, hot, sweaty, fractious.......therefore I find it difficult to believe that they were checked every 20 mins or so!

I have three kids myself and we have had near misses over the years ie getting kids as well as shopping out of the car, kid runs across road to house - had an accident happened that would have been just that .......an accident borne out of a mistake, I was there and didn't hold on to their hand

How much worse would I have felt if my child had run across that road and I'd been sitting in the pub with my partner, out of sight, it would have still been an accident perhaps but not due to a mistake, due to neglect

Daffy - I think you are exaggerating with your last sentence and putting too fine a point on things just to make Kate and Gerry look even worse, if that's possible. They did not leave their children alone in the street in danger of being hit by a car, they left them asleep in a hotel room where they thought they would be perfectly safe until returning from the nearby Tapas Bar, they had already checked on them twice prior to the disappearance of Maddie. I think you should read the Daily Mail article that I posted yesterday, obviously you haven't bothered.

Rhodes stop putting the daily mails "story" up as FACT - it is not!

You have misquoted again saying they were in a hotel - they were not, they were in appartments.

Your arguments are flawed and it is leading me to wonder why you dont mind people leaving children on their own? Is there something we should know about you?

Originally Posted By: pabird
Mrs Keeps you are amost certainly a divinty figure in drag, who else could claim perfection
No parent of two or three children could possibly claim to get all the decisions right, and no ordinary person could claim your divine right in media diagnostic ability
Out of interest how many children have you reared?

didnt realise this thread was about people proving there capabilities as a parent before they can make a comment but as you have bought the the subject up pabird i dont recall mrs keeps claiming to be perfect or getting all of her decisions right but i can tell you this,

SHE HAS NEVER GONE OUT ON THE PI55 AND LEFT THEM UNATTENDED AT THE AGES OF 4 AND YOUNGER

you can argue all you want about this tragic situation but the bottom line is someone of a responsible age should have been with the children

and my opinion for what its worth.. it is the parents and their friends who are covering up for each other and no third party was involved although as they went out each evening on the pi55 ANYONE had the opportunity to abduct Maddie,maybe the truth will never be discovered and the doubts will always be there.Should have been a bit more responsible shouldnt they?

BTW...mrs keeps has 'reared' two children
our 17 yr old daughter who is disabled and our 16 yr old son, and they are a credit to her ability as a mother

Originally Posted By: Staines Rebel
Rhodes stop putting the daily mails "story" up as FACT - it is not!

You have misquoted again saying they were in a hotel - they were not, they were in appartments.

Your arguments are flawed and it is leading me to wonder why you dont mind people leaving children on their own? Is there something we should know about you?

not if letting your children who are under the age of 12 travel on their own from tottenham to broxbourne is ok

Who's children are you referring to, I agree that would be irresponsible however I'm also a big believer in not wrapping kids up in cotton wool and molly coddling them as they need to learn to be street wise in this day and age and in the sick society we live in today. I bracket that with giving teenagers of 14, 15 and 16

Where are you comming from Rhodes my old son....I also read the Daily Mail but only because the Sun etc are full of sh1t, I have two very well blanced kids that have been brought up in an adult world, the first being born when I was 41, and spend alot of time in Greece with them, but they have never been left alone for one moment of their lives, and yes they are totally spoilt, and as for

Originally Posted By: blackballed
Where are you comming from Rhodes my old son....I also read the Daily Mail but only because the Sun etc are full of sh1t, I have two very well blanced kids that have been brought up in an adult world, the first being born when I was 41, and spend alot of time in Greece with them, but they have never been left alone for one moment of their lives, and yes they are totally spoilt, and as for

unfortunately there is no manual on how to bring up kids.....and no one can teach us....we start to learn that particular skill as they grow and they grow very quickly indeed....

we all think that our ducks are swans for sure and we do probably spoil them (I did with my 3) but regardless of all of that I cannot find it in myself to condone the leaving of those 3 tiny children....it was unforgiveable...

Well shall we just agree to disagree on this one then, at the end of the day Kate and Gerry left their three children 'safe and sound', or so they thought, asleep in their apartment/chalet whatever you choose to call it whilst they went for a meal at a nearby Tapas Bar, they were on holiday afterall however I do concede that they should have perhaps locked the kids in the room rather than leaving the door open.

man my parents brought me up proper,i went off the rails a bit but they were there when i had my worst moment,and those that know me know what that was,but they never ever left me or made me feel alone which is what those kids must have felt.

Yeah,everyone makes the wrong decisions in life and you live by them but what they done was something that no average let alone good parent would of done.

When i was 6-10 my parents always knew i was beside them,what happened after that was not their fault but they knew where i Was and what i was doing.

At 15 my dad grassed me to the old bill as i was out of hand,i respect him and love him for that 20 years later,and he would never of let me out his sight aged 6-7

Like I said lets just agree to disagree, the McCann's are good God faring people!

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Well shall we just agree to disagree on this one then, at the end of the day Kate and Gerry left their three children 'safe and sound', or so they thought, asleep in their apartment/chalet whatever you choose to call it whilst they went for a meal at a nearby Tapas Bar, they were on holiday afterall however I do concede that they should have perhaps locked the kids in the room rather than leaving the door open.

No Rhodes.....You will have to accept you are on your own on this one! We all agree.........

Actually pabird agreed with me that the McCann's got an un-necessarily hard time, nobody deserved to go what they went through from the moment Maddie disappeared