Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

tragic events in portugal...

You're not possibly suggesting the parents had anything to do with it, Unc ?

Stranger things happening at sea, and all that !

Originally Posted By: Big J R
You're not possibly suggesting the parents had anything to do with it, Unc ?

Stranger things happening at sea, and all that !

not suggesting anything BJR ...altho' clearly the parents did have something to do with it by leaving her alone in the first place...

no...all I am doing is relating the facts as per the local fuzz...who it must be said are under enormous pressure to produce a perp rather than concentrate on those facts...

Been having this discussion at work for the last three weeks or so and just stumbled across this thread.

The majority of my colleagues are under the assumption that at least one of the parents knows more than they're letting onto.

Worst imaginable case is that he/she/they have sold her:

Can you imagine the surreal scenario that they're average parents with a house, mortgage, jobs, car etc. Their financial situation isn't the greatest in the World and neither is their childcare mentality. They've got three kids and can't find any other way around their financial difficulties than to cut their losses by selling their eldest, (they have the twins to keep them occupied) then report her missing. Within hours a charity fund is setup and with the money that keeps pooring in from the unsuspecting public, the parents are getting a virtually free tour of Europe and HUGE publicity.

Wonder if either parent took a longer than necessary loo break while sitting in that restuarant?

Think I might make myself disappear for a couple of months, see if I can have my face shown to the World and 'superstars' calling for my return.

mad mad mad mad mad

I see that a german jorno (female mother and much respected) asked the parents today (they are now touring rhineland) if they were suspects in the case...first time its been asked and cue righteous indignation and much attempted proving of alibies....

hmmmmmm...

I can't think of any other missing child case where the parents have done as much travelling as these two have. Normal parents would either be out looking for the child or sitting home waiting for news the child has been found.

i have to aggree with uncle urchin and everyone that aggres with him i find it a bit strange that although they have lost one child they are willing to travel all around the world and once again leave there children to family or friends if that was me i would want my children with me at all times so that i know they are safe and well.

Also they did not look upset or annoyed when they where accused of possibly being involved in the whole thing which i find strange as there being accused of hurting there child for the sake of money or publisisty.

anyway said my bit and so glad there are other people that feel the same as me that this is a bit strange

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
I see that a german jorno (female mother and much respected) asked the parents today (they are now touring rhineland) if they were suspects in the case...first time its been asked and cue righteous indignation and much attempted proving of alibies....

hmmmmmm...

I watched that press-conference Unc.

It was cringeworthy but a very necessary question in my view.

Incidently, I see enquiries are to start in Morocco.

About three weeks too late, me-thinks, if you refer to my post regarding our No2. Son-in-Laws observations three weeks ago !

• 2 months later...

I take it that the Portugese police must have had the results back on the alleged blood spots and hair found on the bedroom wall, then !

they apparently hired, the hire car 15 days after their daughter's disappearance....

I am not sure how there could be any DNA evidence from the car, unless they stored the body for 15 days, unnoticed to anyone..

The main reason why I dont think they are guilty, is the lack of any witnesses...no-one has come out and said, they were behaving oddly, on the tragic evening, or the morning after....where are the witnesses ?

you wouldn't make a very good copper dykie.... shocked

they apparently hired, the hire car 15 days after their daughter's disappearance....

the exact point is just that...if they haven't seen their daughter since the night she disappeared and they hired the car 15 days after she disappeared and they HAVE found the child's DNA in the car...

well work it out for yourself...!!

just had a thought watching the news about this....

why have the press not printed any details of the mcanns previous life...AT ALL....

now for sure the gutter press vulchers have traced every one of the mothers days since she was born...(and the fathers)

schooldays...boyfriends/girlfriends...student days...fotos of those days and past friends...details of her/his medical problems that led to AI which produced the 3 babies...the lot...

and yet no reports or fotos or old friends at all...anywhere...

she looks for all the world to me like a wannabe media star...there is something vacant and childlike and naive about her...

I genuinely hope and trust that it is all a mistake and that she is innocent but right from the beginning I have been troubled by this case and the parents (her) behaviour.......

Yet again, I'm with you on this one Unc !

I was watching her face very closely when they replayed her last interview with the press.

Something definitely not 'right' about her body language.

I really hope it isn't shades of Ian Huntley all over again !

so...the parents who would never leave the algarve without their daughter have scarpered back to the sanctuary of leicestershire....via of course first class airport lounges and first class travel...the portugese police are now it seems the enemy as opposed to the wonderful police force of two weeks ago.....

mr mcann now requests privacy from the press......

hmmmmmm......yes well....having used the worlds media for their own ends for 4 months I somehow doubt they will get it....

in the meantime unconfirmed reports of early terminated pregnancies leading to infertility....wild drug induced parties and wife swapping both in england and portugal are festering and are being suppressed by the media for obvious reasons...

at the same time the english police are acting in support of the portugese investigation and allegedly supplied the list of questions to be asked of the mcanns...

the main line of concern (apart from the DNA samples in the flat and the hire car) is that mrs mcann (after discovering the child missing) ran back to the crowded restaurant (never rang hubby on the mobile)...normal stuff you know.... hi hubby.. is little mad with you just 75 yards away ...can't find her...

and screamed..

they've taken her..they've taken her...[/i]

who are they...?

perhaps the mcanns may buy the twins a cocker spaniel for xmas......

I doubt it somehow.... frown

Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
they have done her in,i am sure of it.

perhaps you and Uncle can explain, exactly how they disposed of the body....with the world's media (which they themselves courted) surrounding them from day one.

or even, what motive they might have had ????