Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

tragic events in portugal...

I do not have an opinion either way, not being in possession of all the facts, but the media has only been around them from shortly after the time they reported the child as missing. That is not the same as the time that she went missing.

Either way the parents should stand trial. If they didn't harm the child themselves they were grossly negligent in leaving such young children alone. This is another example of the utter selfishness so common in Britain today, as they put their wish to have a dinner party before the saftey of their children. If they were 'chavs' everyone would be on their backs about it, but being doctors many people seem to think it's ok.

Assuming they didn't actually do it of course...

rubbish.From day one they have milked this whole sad story,they now have over a million quid in the bank and then sod off back to the UK two days before the portuguese look like pressing charges.

Why did they hire a car a day before going to meet the pope.

Why does it look like her d & a has been found

Why are there reports her blood has been found in the car which was hired by the mccanns

They haven't always been followed by the police and press,in fact it is alleged that the day they hired the car they were not seen,nor the car for at least 4 hours.

The catholic church looks like getting egg on their face once again.

Whether they meant to kill their child or not is another matter but one thing is for sure,every day this goes on something knew crops up and puts them even further in the frame.

Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
rubbish.

What's rubbish? That it's better to deal in facts then what you have read in the papers and assumed was fact?

From day one they have milked this whole sad story,they now have over a million quid in the bank and then sod off back to the UK two days before the portuguese look like pressing charges.

Again, depending what you read, they will not be using this for legal fees (I have also read reports that they will, so again depends which paper has its facts right) and I'd be very surprised if they're able to spend it.

Why did they hire a car a day before going to meet the pope.

One story goes they had relatives and friends needing transport to ferry the twins around. Might just as easily be bullsh!t, all I'm saying is don't just close your eyes to the idea that there are two sides to every story cos you reckon they're guilty.

Why does it look like her d & a has been found

Her "D&A" - which I thought was an opticians - has not been definitely identified as a 100% full match, unless you're going by Sky News's latest report which today's papers picked up on. Which is not fact, and a Portuguese official today stated the evidence was not as conclusive as the UK media had led us to believe.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending them. They were criminally neglectful of their children. I'm not even saying that what you're reporting is untrue or false, but most of what's been said on here and elsewhere could as easily be scurrilous rumour (it's easy to chuck in a few rumours on the internet and everyone instantly believes it). Just because people didn't like the look of them, thought they looked a bit shifty, someone said they're all swingers, etc, etc, it's believed.

They may well have done it, but what I find distasteful from what I've read elsewhere is the amount of amateur detectives pronouncing them guilty before people who actually have a clue conduct a trial. Some people on some forums actually WANT them to be guilty because they don't like them. Personally, I'd rather they were not guilty and that there was still a chance that little girl was alive, however unlikely.

I can't really see how they'd have committed the crime, hid the body in the first place, then moved it and hidden it and left precious little 100% DNA evidence. I certainly can't see how they'd have the sheer mental tolerance to withstand the media, their family and friends, collect a million in fundraising from the public and look everyone in the eye at the end of it.

If they have done that, then it's pretty damned evil in my book, but I won't boil them alive just yet until the actual facts give me a reason to condemn them outright.

wasn't calling your post rubbish stus.i was referring to another further up.

There are just little things thatn don't add up.

What parents,after having their kid "snatched" would then leave their remaining kids in portugal while they went to rome.

No parent who had had their kid "snatched" would leave them like that,whether they were being looked after by the couples parents or not.No genuine parent could leave them in that country,they just wouldn't after being through that ordeal,only if you had something to gain by going to see the pope would you do so and in my mind that is where they have f**ked up.

Seriously,if you had a kid snatched would you go to italy 2 weeks later and leave your other 2 kids behind.

Don't be fooled because they are profesional people and are not a couple of chavs from manchester,evil people come in all shapes and sizes.

Seems like it might have been an accidental poisoning through medication, but if so, why conceal the fact ?

More DNA and forensic results expected in a few days.

Watch this space.

At least the Portugese are allowing us to do the forensic testing.

The words , p1ss-up and brewery spring to mind as far as the European police are concerned.

They concealed the fact because they were doctors.

A bit like the Louise Woodward case in Boston ,where the Eappen family put the blame of their childs death on the nanny.The Eappens were both doctors and alledgley did not take their child to be checked out after a fall.

Would you go to a doctor that was responsible for their own childs death.?

they did it,whether they meant to or not is a completly different matter.

But if it was proved that they have done it then they should be locked up for a very long time as one man was constantly named in the police investigation,his life is probably ruined now and by the looks of it they would of let him take the rap for it.

He could of spent the rest of his life in prison for a crime he didn't commit.Lets not forget that in some countries he would probably of been jailed and hung by now.

Tragic tragic situation and we all have "a feel" for what happened and even possibly who may have been guilty.

But then again this is England and we have built over hundreds of years a legal system (and comon attitude) that you are innocent until proven guilty.

A longer term debate should be the reliability of DNA evidence, being old I well remember when the developing wonder of fingerprints was to be the 100% evidence to convict against, of course the weakness of fingerprint evidence has been developed by defending QCs for some years now.

DNA the full proof decider of guilt?? watch this space,

Interesting point about DNA, pabird. Any technology is only as good as the people who use it.

Either way this is an incredible story. Either:

a) Parents have child abducted and are then falsely accused by the police. Every parent's worst possible nightmare.

B) They had a hand in what happened to Madeleine and embarked on one of the most elaborate con tricks in history.

The whole thing does seems a bit unreal, like a bad TV movie.

Below lifted from BBC news, as I was saying???

DNA hope offered to the McCanns

The couple deny any involvement in Madeleine's disappearance

Sir Alec Jeffreys

The inventor of DNA fingerprinting has offered to act as an expert witness in the Madeleine McCann case.

Sir Alec Jeffreys said DNA matches alone did not establish guilt and all Madeleine's genetic characters would be found in at least one family member.

Gerry and Kate McCann, suspects in their daughter's disappearance, are considering commissioning independent tests on a Portuguese hire car.

The Portugese police already have a copy of her diary, AND a copy of the HD from his lap-top.

Portugese law states they can only use the originals in a court case.

The Portugese police allowed them to bring them back to England with them.

Er !! Halloooo ?