Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

tragic events in portugal...

First time I've chipped in with an opinion on this thread (amazing what a couple of pints will do) but the whole thing stinks!

Right from the beginning I've believed the McCanns public persona was too cool. If it had been me and my missus, we would have been in bits (Not that we would ever have left a 3 year old alone with 2 year old twins in the first place). In the press and TV conferences, they were too detached and there was always a hint of self indulgence. I mean a bloody audience with the Pope, what was that all about??

It all sucks and sadly it may never be known what really happened.

On a final note, and I genuinely do not mean to inject some cheap humour into a tragic thread/episode, but if I was a parent of a young child, there's no way I would let them be photographed in an Everton shirt, first there was Maddy McCann, then there was poor young Rhys Jones. If ever there was a reason for a scouse to support Liverpool........

It seems in the current papers that the pendulem is swinging the other way. One of the investigating police officrs has resigned.

Some of the DNA evidence could be 'flawed'

Curiouser and curiouser !

Originally Posted By: Big J R
It seems in the current papers that the pendulem is swinging the other way. One of the investigating police officrs has resigned. Some of the DNA evidence could be 'flawed'

And 'if' this report is to believed, they're going to study handwriting for an answer. Jesus, that's up there with reading tea leaves and casting dice as far as I'm concerned:

>>
A judge has authorised police to seize Mrs McCann’s diary and detectives want a graphologist to study the handwriting, it was reported yesterday. Alberto Vaz da Silva, a criminal psychologist and a handwriting expert, told the newspaper 24 Horas: “It would be possible to discover the temper and the character of the person in question. You can see if someone is lying or hiding something."
>>

• 2 months later...

Did anybody happen to see the Panorama programme about the McCann's on Monday, I couldn't believe it when they were accused of being 'swingers', no doubt by the Portuguese police.

• 1 month later...

Out of interest what are members views of the news that has come to light recently that the 'Juliet Adams Lookalike Services Agency' are more than happy to supply a child lookalike for a potential movie to be made in the future about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann:

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Out of interest what are members views of the news that has come to light recently that the 'Juliet Adams Lookalike Services Agency' are more than happy to supply a child lookalike for a potential movie to be made in the future about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann:

TYPICAL $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Did anybody happen to see the Panorama programme about the McCann's on Monday, I couldn't believe it when they were accused of being 'swingers', no doubt by the Portuguese police.

the swingers tag has been around them for a while rhodsey...not just in portugal but also in their home town...

Really, I find that totally unbelievable

Originally Posted By: Bitch
Gosh i dislike salacious reporting!

Bitch - You're very well educated on the quiet aren't you and I've noticed you always construct your posts carefully, far more so than the likes of Paula and Kattyann.

Not sure how I stand on this one at the moment.

I think I'm still subscribing to the accidental overdosing of sleeping medicine.

Opinions we all have, facts we have few and therein lays the problem.

If the parents are innocent we have all condemned them to a life of gross suspicion and whispers on top of their natural grief felt by all parents when a child is lost, if they are guilty then they should burn in hell for eternity.