Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gazette chat

I've got no problem with Bryan being part of the squad (I understand he is a popular member of the set-up amonst his fellow players),but that doesn't negate the fact that we need to sign another top forward for next season.Having only 2 forwards will not be enough during a long season,as was proved last season.Some serious competition for the front line will also focus the minds of the current two and ensure they don't become complacent, or if their form drops we have the option to rest them.Again,something we didn't have last season.

We also need more options in sytle and direction of play.A big target man will give us that abilty to vary our play more.

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
I've got no problem with Bryan being part of the squad (I understand he is a popular member of the set-up amonst his fellow players),but that doesn't negate the fact that we need to sign another top forward for next season.

My point precisely

Having only 2 forwards will not be enough during a long season,as was proved last season.Some serious competition for the front line will also focus the minds of the current two and ensure they don't become complacent, or if their form drops we have the option to rest them.Again,something we didn't have last season.

We also need more options in sytle and direction of play.A big target man will give us that abilty to vary our play more.

Agree big time

Originally Posted By: Duke of York
What about Steve Whittington’s big news story on the back of yesterday’s Gazette? It looks like EFC are stepping up their push to return to the borough with the support of local businesses.
Mr Whittington is well connected with many local businesses . Since you know who's been gone people have come forward.

What about Steve Whittington’s big news story on the back of yesterday’s Gazette? It looks like EFC are stepping up their push to return to the borough with the support of local businesses.

I beginning to wonder if you are on the right web site?

Originally Posted By: The Invisible Man
Hmm. What was the gist of the letters? Pro- or anti- ETFC?

Both were pro-local sport in general. ETFC were mentioned as they tend to get the biggest gates of all the clubs in the borough.

Originally Posted By: Badger
Originally Posted By: The Invisible Man
Hmm. What was the gist of the letters? Pro- or anti- ETFC?

Both were pro-local sport in general. ETFC were mentioned as they tend to get the biggest gates of all the clubs in the borough.

B and Q sell big gates! grin

Originally Posted By: EFCMICK
Mr Whittington is well connected with many local businesses . Since you know who's been gone people have come forward.

I'd love to be fly on the wall when Mr W tells the Council that it has an obligation to EFC, as quoted in the Gazette!