Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 18-August 17 )

• Photo
    joshtheeagle

• Photo
    Sprout

• Photo
    blahblah

• Photo
    AllowIT

• Photo
    woodywoods

• Photo
    dave_c

• Photo
    all seeing eye

• Photo
    twobags

• Photo
    moleskin

Photo

Gazette chat

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
36 replies to this topic

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Neither does it have an obligation to any club.

offline Bad_Egg

Bad_Egg
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
Originally Posted By: EFCMICK
Originally Posted By: Duke of York
What about Steve Whittington’s big news story on the back of yesterday’s Gazette? It looks like EFC are stepping up their push to return to the borough with the support of local businesses.
Mr Whittington is well connected with many local businesses . Since you know who's been gone people have come forward.

I'd love to be fly on the wall when Mr W tells the Council that it has an obligation to EFC, as quoted in the Gazette!

being serious for once the council have an obligation to help both clubs out

offline Sponsor of Beer

Sponsor of Beer
  • Reserves Coach
Whether it does or not, I do wonder whether telling the local authority via the press will the desired effect on the politicians?

offline Bad_Egg

Bad_Egg

well doin it by the book aint got either of us anyware in six years has it

offline Gazza

Gazza
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
applause Well said the egg man, exactly, I keep seeing that odious woman Joan Ryan turn up at games every so often, saying all the right things at the right time but still see no positive action.

offline Squadron Leader

Squadron Leader
  • First XI - Permanent
  • Supports: Enfield Town FC Arsenal FC Fort William FC
Originally Posted By: Bad_Egg

How do we do it "not by the book" then?

evil2

offline Southport - TOWNER

Southport - TOWNER
  • Supports: TOWNERS
  • Facebook
Originally Posted By: Gazza
applause Well said the egg man, exactly, I keep seeing that odious woman Joan Ryan turn up at games every so often, saying all the right things at the right time but still see no positive action.

let's hear it for all politicians
gotcha2

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
Originally Posted By: Southport - TOWNER
Originally Posted By: Gazza

let's hear it for all politicians
gotcha2

Much as I detest Joan Ryan, this is really down to our local authority who propbably detest her too! shame they cannot take a leave out of Dartford Council's book.

online lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Exactaly.Some councils are prepared shell out millions on facilities for their local football teams.Take Dartford for example, or dozens of other non-league and football league clubs who's council have payed for their grounds.

Its not all about whether or not a council actually funds a ground anyway.Enfield council have had numerous chances to secure the future of top flight football in the borough and have failed at every turn.From letting Southbury Rd be sold.To giving away the Escro account money without a fight.To refusing various plans for new stadium applications over the years.(Including the most recent Spurs one,that would have secured one or both clubs a conference grade stadium in the borough).So NOW both Town and EFC DO need the council to fund a stadium,but only BECAUSE of the persistant incompetence of various Enfield councils over the last decade.

So Gazza and Bad Egg are quite correct.Never have a set of Supporters (from both clubs) been more OWED something from their local council than Enfields long suffering football supporters.
If the gently-gently approach of smoozing and networking with the council will unlimately bear more fruit that demanding action,then so be it.But that doesn't change how most fans from the two clubs view the councils ultimate obligation.

offline Bad_Egg

Bad_Egg
Originally Posted By: Squadron Leader

evil2

applying gentle pressure thru the media

offline Squadron Leader

Squadron Leader
  • First XI - Permanent
  • Supports: Enfield Town FC Arsenal FC Fort William FC
Originally Posted By: Squadron Leader

evil2

applying gentle pressure thru the media

I thought we'd already tried that.

evil2

offline Sponsor of Beer

Sponsor of Beer
  • Reserves Coach
Maybe a job for Danny Hunter, now that he's available!

offline The Invisible Man

The Invisible Man
Talking of the Gazette, I see from the EFC forum that their chairman reckons (in an article in the Advertiser...) that they are going to ground share at the QE stadium.

Anyone got any idea who they will be groundsharing with?

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
Brimsdown Rovers FC?

offline The Invisible Man

The Invisible Man
Ah, of course, that must be it. So we'll buy the lease of Goldsdown Road, but the majority of Brimsdown supporters will be unhappy at their club leaving the boundaries of Brimsdown, and will form a supporters-owned Brimsdown Town FC.... who will approach ETFC to ground share at Goldsdown Road...

Meanwhile all the new supporters that EFC have gained during their exile will be unhappy at the club moving away from Hertfordshire, which they see as the home territory, and will form a supporters-owned club, perhaps called Enfield-Ware Town-Town FC, probably to groundshare at Ware....

MK Dons will amalgamate with FC United, change their name to Ebbsfleet Stanley, groundshare with AFC Wimbledon and sign David Beckham who reneges on his contract with LA Galaxy so he can get to England matches.....England fail to qualify, sack Maclaren, re-appoint Venables who drops Beckham again.. the roof of New Wembley falls down so England groundshare with the Faroe Islands... England supporters rebel and form a supporters-owned international side called Engerland.

Yep, I think I'm getting the hang of this.

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
Originally Posted By: The Invisible Man
Ah, of course, that must be it. So we'll buy the lease of Goldsdown Road, but the majority of Brimsdown supporters will be unhappy at their club leaving the boundaries of Brimsdown, and will form a supporters-owned Brimsdown Town FC.... who will approach ETFC to ground share at Goldsdown Road...

Meanwhile all the new supporters that EFC have gained during their exile will be unhappy at the club moving away from Hertfordshire, which they see as the home territory, and will form a supporters-owned club, perhaps called Enfield-Ware Town-Town FC, probably to groundshare at Ware....

MK Dons will amalgamate with FC United, change their name to Ebbsfleet Stanley, groundshare with AFC Wimbledon and sign David Beckham who reneges on his contract with LA Galaxy so he can get to England matches.....England fail to qualify, sack Maclaren, re-appoint Venables who drops Beckham again.. the roof of New Wembley falls down so England groundshare with the Faroe Islands... England supporters rebel and form a supporters-owned international side called Engerland.

You need to get out more! grin

offline rayw

rayw
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Originally Posted By: andyetfc
Originally Posted By: The Invisible Man

You need to get out more! grin

Not without supervision by the sound of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus