Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dear-O-Dear

AFF

Saints fan:<p>We can't go banning people on the off chance that a incident may happen one day, how do you know that one day you won't just lose it at a game especially as you are a saints fan if you feel the passion you'll know how easy it is to feel the injustice soemtimes.<p>As for real fans, EFM attend virtally every game and create atmosphere, people who tag onto the saints will do it because of the atmosphere not to stand in silence like most do.<p>I think you'll find EFM have attracted more supporters than you think!

I hardly think this is a joking matter. A ban for the individual concerned would be a good thing (I'm sure people know who he is! or maybe he could come forward of his own accord.), and should help to avoid a repetition of this incident if people are fully aware of the consequences.

I agree that the passion of a game can at times be very intense, but there is no excuse for throwing things onto the pitch endangering both players and officials safety. I would suggest that you should be able to exercise a bit more self control.

Although not at the game i beleive i know the culprit ( a cider can! what a give away.)firstly the can would have been empty,no way would he waste good scrumpy. I know what his aim is like, having seen his efforts at scoring goals (hes more likely to hit the corner flag than the goal) it is unlikely the can would get anywhere near his target and the city fans were the only ones in any real danger.

I hope that nobody is expecting me to defend what happened last night. In the week or so after the Kingstonian match, I posted frequently on this board arguing that banning EFM (whoever they may be, whatever they are) from Clarence Park wouldn't make much sense - they don't make it easy for me, do they?<p>I put a lot of effort into the EFM football team, as mmost of you know. As recently as last week, I posted on here that the whole concept of EFM is a joke and anybody who takes it seriously is too stupid to have their opinions taken seriously. The only thing that I can gather is that there can only be people in EFM who don't get the joke either. <p>I defended the Kingstonian Four because they did nothing wrong, which is precisely why I'm not defending anybody about last night. It was an inexcusable thing to - made, arguably, even more inexcusable by the fact that no-one there was drunk. <p>It would still seem to me to be stupid thing to do to try and ban "EFM" from Clarence Park - the reasons for this have been explained in previous posts ad nauseum. It wouldn't necessarily surprise me if it did happen now, though. There comes a point when people have to take collecitive responsibility for their actions. I've heard enough of "over-reactions" and "nothing incidents" - it's always somebody else's fault. If the individual concerned gets banned, then so be it.<p>Frankly, if you can't get support over an incident from me... then there's a problem of some sort.

I'm glad to hear Trevor that you are not condoning the person who threw the can of cider into the group of players. However, I'm sure you will agree that there is a very good chance that this could happen again, with more serious consequences. Maybe it is about time that an example is made of these supposed supporters before things get out of control. The club is already starting to get a negative image due to these people and I wouldn't want them to further damage the clubs reputation. The last thing we need is for real fans to be driven away.