Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 24-October 17 )

• Photo
    Robbo

• Photo
    judgedread

• Photo
    chas_hfc

• Photo
    lol

• Photo
    Hackett

whats the future of non league football

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
27 replies to this topic

offline Badger

Badger
  • Reserves Coach
Quote:
And what if you support Plymouth but live in Bradford say? You'd never see your team.

I was about to say how unlikely that is, but I lived in Bradford for a while, and lived opposite a Spurs supporter.

offline carjam

carjam
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Away travel is easier when you havent got a 250 mile return day trip. Its as simple as that. Clubs would get more money from more support if leagues were regionalized. There are problems with clubs in the midlands. OK just change the regions around more often. Clubs in the football league suffer financially when there really is no need. Let the clubs that can afford it do it make the long trips.

The FA cup Qalifying rounds and first two rounds need the same treatment.

Good idea on the Champions League for the FA Cup. They would need to play a qualifiying match though. Chesterfield nearly made it to the final not so long ago. They may have found it hard in the Champions League

Getting back to play-offs they generate money fair enougth. On the other hand they extend the season far too long and as I said are unfair. Is there a way of making them fairer perhaps.

carjam

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
  • National Squad - 1st XI
chesterfield v barcelona.. yes that would be interesting..
re the playoffs .. out of the 4 qualifying teams, 4th could play 3rd at the 3rd teams home ground.. the winner travels to the 2nd placed team and the winner of that to 1st placed team.. no replays, golden goal, then penalties..
the matches to be played on sat/weds/sat.. all done in a week..

offline Badger

Badger
  • Reserves Coach
Quote:
The FA cup Qalifying rounds and first two rounds need the same treatment.

I thought the qualifying rounds already were regionalised on a broad basis.

offline MK James

MK James
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • Supports: Enfield & Brimsdown United (2010)
I thought that was the case as well. I've never heard of EFC or anyone else in the area having to travel up north for a qualifying game. East Anglia at furthest.

offline carjam

carjam
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Ive no idea, its been a while since my own team had a cup run. Generally the play off idea on CANV isnt bad. If the lower of the tams were handicapped it just could be fair after all.

carjam

offline matthew oliver

matthew oliver
  • Spectator
I think english teams should do what they do in spain. barcelona have a B team in their div 1, and Real MAdrid have a B and a C team. Infact nearly all top flight spanish clubs have B teams. Why dont we do this in england. surely it would help the national side and boost crowd figures. It think it would also boost clud income. the only thing i can see wrong with it is stadiums- and that could be sorted by playing widweek games, or thursdays, or even fridays!

I think dat its a wicked idea- you heard it from me first remember!

offline Badger

Badger
  • Reserves Coach
So Arsenal, Man Utd, SPurs, Leeds and so on all have B teams playing in the first division, is that how it would work? I think that would be really bad for English football. Teams below the first division are struggling as it is, as are some in 1st and Prem, but to encourage more money to go to the bigger clubs at the expense of the smaller clubs would kill off many of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus