Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

whats the future of non league football

Away travel is easier when you havent got a 250 mile return day trip. Its as simple as that. Clubs would get more money from more support if leagues were regionalized. There are problems with clubs in the midlands. OK just change the regions around more often. Clubs in the football league suffer financially when there really is no need. Let the clubs that can afford it do it make the long trips.

The FA cup Qalifying rounds and first two rounds need the same treatment.

Good idea on the Champions League for the FA Cup. They would need to play a qualifiying match though. Chesterfield nearly made it to the final not so long ago. They may have found it hard in the Champions League

Getting back to play-offs they generate money fair enougth. On the other hand they extend the season far too long and as I said are unfair. Is there a way of making them fairer perhaps.

carjam

chesterfield v barcelona.. yes that would be interesting..

re the playoffs .. out of the 4 qualifying teams, 4th could play 3rd at the 3rd teams home ground.. the winner travels to the 2nd placed team and the winner of that to 1st placed team.. no replays, golden goal, then penalties..

the matches to be played on sat/weds/sat.. all done in a week..

I think english teams should do what they do in spain. barcelona have a B team in their div 1, and Real MAdrid have a B and a C team. Infact nearly all top flight spanish clubs have B teams. Why dont we do this in england. surely it would help the national side and boost crowd figures. It think it would also boost clud income. the only thing i can see wrong with it is stadiums- and that could be sorted by playing widweek games, or thursdays, or even fridays!

I think dat its a wicked idea- you heard it from me first remember!

So Arsenal, Man Utd, SPurs, Leeds and so on all have B teams playing in the first division, is that how it would work? I think that would be really bad for English football. Teams below the first division are struggling as it is, as are some in 1st and Prem, but to encourage more money to go to the bigger clubs at the expense of the smaller clubs would kill off many of them.