Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Emily thrown out of Big Brother for racism.

Here we go again. Somebody please axe that show and put everybody out of their misery!!!

Has G8 and G4 got anything to do with the G-Spot ?

Originally Posted By: c'mon ricay
Well two other contestant/fame hungry sados used exactly the same term and were not kicked I wonder why could it be because they are black and can get away with pretty much anything they want to

correct, because they are black, they can say the word.

Emily was wrong to say the word, without a full understanding of the history.
Charley milked the situation like a drama queen, it was not a racist action....just a bit stupid

I am sure in a few years, as thw word becomes less and less taboo, everyone will be able to say it, without too much offence, on a scale with words like f'ck, sh't, c'nt, qu'er which have gradually become less taboo

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
Originally Posted By: cantos
Correction Unc,

She said Nigger

how is that racist...if I recall there is a book with that term in the title...

load of PC uptight bollox....the world has gone mad...

If you can't acknowledge that the word nigger is racist, or at least offensive, then you are either very dumb or very ignorant..

come on...please dont tell me you are that ignorant ?

Originally Posted By: Greg_Dyke
Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
Originally Posted By: cantos
Correction Unc,

She said Nigger

how is that racist...if I recall there is a book with that term in the title...

load of PC uptight bollox....the world has gone mad...

If you can't acknowledge that the word nigger is racist, or at least offensive, then you are either very dumb or very ignorant..

come on...please dont tell me you are that ignorant ?

you attempt to simplify the issue and also resort to subliminal abuse....not clever not warranted and not at all subtle enough for these forums....you will however learn in due course how to put people down without them knowing it...

now back to the issue...many words used in todays society are offensive to some and not offensive to others...who shall judge who is right to be offended or not...

you...?

It is lunacy to attempt to produce a list of 'prohibited' taboo words - hence my reference to that very point that the Pythons made. Certainly this is in part due to the fact that 'offensive' is a relative, not an absolute, concept. It is also in part due to the lack of context: context is everything. For example, Channel 4 issued a statement saying that Emily has used the word 'nigger'. Obviously, they used the word themselves in the statement, but that is equally obviously not 'offensive'.

I would also suggest that there is a difference between rude or discourteous behaviour, or bad manners, such as using unfortunate terms in front of another, and 'offensive' language or behaviour warranting legal interfrence. Ultimately it says more about the user of the term than anything else.

Similarly two (or more) friends may use words or phrases between themselves that they would not dream of using in another context. Or, when refereeing, if a player missed an open goal in the 89th minute with the score at 0-0, and shouted 'oh f*** it' or something, I would never send him off for foul language. If he directly and deliberately called me a f******g c**** or something, it's name please and cheerio.

The Jehovah scene is a perfect send up of the situation, IMHO.

Not that it bothers me, but this situation seems to render the concept of 'reality tv' null and void (if it was ever anything else). How can it be reality if it is heavily censored?

So there.

not far wrong there Vis m'boy with the context example and to give another example a few years ago when we all came into the pub for some great banter I would have accused you of being a subversive pinko leftie (which you are grin) and you would have taken it as tongue in cheek and reciprocated with a few facist claims of your own...(unfairly I may add) grin

its all in the context and if a black man can call another black man a nigger and thats alright then well I object to that...if its not offensive to them then it shouldn't have been offensive when emily said it...channel 4 have recd over 8000 complaints today because she was singled out unfairly...now I haven't ever watched this pile of carap and have no intention of doing so but the issue here is about context....

its either offensive to everyone in which case it should be rightly termed unnacceptable and against the laws of the land or its a matter of opinion...in or out of context and debateable...

my son by the way inherited his latino dark looks from his mum and I often call him a nigger...I have a dark brown labrador and I call him one as well...I love them both dearly...I also have black friends who call me a whigger....(curly locks and fat lips)

its all bollox and everyone wants to be PC correct to make friends and influence others....peer pressure makes 'em like it...

fck the lot of 'em I say..I'll stay as I am with my multi racial circle of good pals all taking the pi55 out of each other and drnking red wine on the patio and all smoking MY dunhill international....

now that does pi55 me off.... grin