Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 16-December 17 )

• Photo
    Lil Dave

• Photo
    smila

• Photo
    LAMMAS

• Photo
    Cerebus

• Photo
    Maffblue

• Photo
    realmickstevo79

Photo

The Es' are coming home

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
24 replies to this topic

offline Enfield Horn

Enfield Horn
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
On the back of this weeks Advertiser, is a piece about Enfield FC coming home. There is an interview with Steve Whittington, about talks with Enfield council & possible ground share at the Queen Elizabeth Stadium. There is probably a bigger piece in the Gazette. Lets spread the word the Es' are nearly back in Enfield.

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
Will this happen in time for this season?

offline The Invisible Man

The Invisible Man
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Who are you ground sharing with?

offline Sponsor of Beer

Sponsor of Beer
  • Reserves Coach
Originally Posted By: ronin

No. The use of the venue concerned by anyone for senior football is several years away, at best. Whether it will happen though.......

offline Royal Enfield

Royal Enfield
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Originally Posted By: ronin
No . Our chairman is still talking to Enfield council about this stadium . But the annoying thing is its just sitting there doing next to nothing .All thats there is a 250 seat main stand and changing rooms ,A running track which may have to go .A Long Jump pit which will most definately have to go . A clubhouse does exist in the North East corner but is owned by another party . A cafe which was badly vandalised could be used as a boardroom .Floodlights do exist but they may need serious upgrading . Our chairman has always been open minded about a groundshare with Enfield Town but wishes to keep Enfield F C independant of them.

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
A ground share at Donkey Lane with each club having its own clubhouse and each club going 50:50 with expenses would be an excellent idea. Donkey Lane is in the middle of the borough and should attract more supporters to one or the other or both. the two boards really should be working together on this.

offline Man From Mars

Man From Mars
  • Supports: The E's
  • Foes: The Cliquey Clan
  • Fav. Player(s): Anyone who scores against the cliquey Townies
We both agree on something Mr Happy , Never thought I'd see the day . The Ball is in Enfield councils court , Lets see if they can actually do something for the sport in Enfield for once.

online lovely stuff

lovely stuff
I have no problem at all with sharing a ground in the borough with EFC,but there are several points raised by Mr whittington that need to be addressed.

1.He states that he doesn't necessarily need council funding,just for the council to provide the site.But to turn the QE2 into a viable football stadium will need multi-multi-million pound investment.Something that business support will never provide.What return would they ever see for their investment.Most clubs at our level even struggle to gain decent shirt sponsership,let alone find multi million pound private investment.

2.Mr Whittington knows that Tottenham Hotspur Fc have agreed to provide Enfield Town Fc with a stadium on the QE2 site if they gain planning permission for a training ground at Bulls Cross.

3. The insistance by Mr Whittington that a groundshare would only be agreeable to him if there were seperate clubhouses built,will not endear him to the council or those he may be seeking to share with.

Let me be clear.EFC supporters are OWED by Enfield council Big-Time! Just as much as Town fans.You deserve for the council to find and fund a site to watch football in the borough.We are all owed by the council,and i would wholely welcome your return back to the borough of Enfield.I would even welcome sharing a ground with you.My problem lies with the fact that ETFC have spent years building a relationship with the council including seeking a suitable site,ETFC have also been constantly rebuffed by Mr Whittington when we have sort talks and closer ties (In fact actions in the last year have only widened the gap) .Only now to find that Mr Whittington,at the 11h hour,now wishes to engage with the council (and maybe even Town) now that a new ground may be on the horizon.

I've always hoped that a merger of the fans would happen,that we would be one club playing in one stadium.A groundshare should even be a step towards that,but i doubt any closer ties or
progress will ever happen with your current board in charge.Your Chairman first followed us to Brimsdown,and now it looks like he wishes to follow us to the QE2.But at the same time wishes no relationship or dialogue at all with us.

offline Duke of York

Duke of York
  • Reserves Coach
Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Your Chairman first followed us to Brimsdown, and now it looks like he wishes to follow us to the QE2.

I would personally welcome a ground share with EFC if it increases the chances of the Queen Elizabeth Stadium becoming the home of Enfield Town FC. I would prefer it if the two clubs joined forces at the Queen Elizabeth Stadium to become one football club.

By the way, the stadium is called the Queen Elizabeth Stadium and not the QE2 or QEII Stadium.

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
It does look like it may have been built in the sixteenth century!

online lovely stuff

lovely stuff
http://www.runtrackd...k&track=enfield

The only part of the existing stadium that could be retained is the 'listed' mainstand.A whole new stadium (terracing/additional seating/pitch/fencing and walls)would have to be constructed around it.Not to mention a new road into the ground where the alloments currently are.With the removal of the track and the renovating of the mainstand,changing rooms,Cafe..etc,the building cost would be about the same as building a brand new ground from scatch.Ie.about 2 million pounds.

Interestingly,the Spurs plans had the pitch turned 90 degrees with the current main stand behind the goal.

offline Man From Mars

Man From Mars
  • Supports: The E's
  • Foes: The Cliquey Clan
  • Fav. Player(s): Anyone who scores against the cliquey Townies
Correct me If I'm wrong Lovely stuff but didn't you lot turn the spurs offer down ? Because of the expence you would have to incur to play there I think, I dont know too much about this latest scenario as I dont get along that much , But Mr W did actually summon the supporters and Committee together to inform them of the latest developments . I doubt 2 million would be spent straight away, maybe over a period of time to get it up to conference grade .Not too sure the track would have to go straight away ,Ilford ,Croydon, Walton & H get by with one. I would say its almost probably up to scratch for level 5 now , Level 4 = A stand behind one goal ,Improved floodlighting and removal of the long jump pit wouldnt cost 2 million . Why would a new road be needed ? Surely the existing one is adequate , coaches could get down it easily enough . Look forward to your reply and my enlightenment. Oh and tanks for the pictures Its a big old place eh mate .

online lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Blimey! You're a long way behind the ball game on this one MFM.

Why would Town turn down a new conference grade stadium with it own clubhouse??? Cost of playing there?.Do me a favour.

I believe that Mr Whitington has ,belatently,thrown his hat into the ring because he now believes that Spurs planning application could well succeed and wants to be part of the redevelopment of the QE stadium.Alternativly he may think its going to fail and plans a cost cutting attempt to redevelop the area,which would mean basically playing in the middle of an athletics running track rather than a properly built stadium.Relying on Football Foundation funding and some local donations would end in disaster.This is a project that needs to be done properly first time around with full multi million pound funding.I wish both clubs could work closely together for this common goal.That would require proper and close co-operation between the clubs ,so they could both liase with the council as one strong voice.

Regarding the councils requirment for proper access to the site and other planning considerations that were filed in the Spurs proposal,i wouldn't want to go into the details on an open forum.

PS..MFM ,Lets never forget that it was the Left-wing Labour council leaders of Enfield that sold Southbury road from under us all.

offline Uncle Urchin

Uncle Urchin
  • Long Service Award
Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
A ground share at Donkey Lane with each club having its own clubhouse and each club going 50:50 with expenses would be an excellent idea. Donkey Lane is in the middle of the borough and should attract more supporters to one or the other or both. the two boards really should be working together on this.

and don't forget the rumatoids either ...they will want to squat there as well.... grin

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
Originally Posted By: lovely stuff

2.Mr Whittington knows that Tottenham Hotspur Fc have agreed to provide Enfield Town Fc with a stadium on the QE2 site if they gain planning permission for a training ground at Bulls Cross.

Really???

offline Hawkeye Pierce

Hawkeye Pierce
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Congratulations to EFC on winning the QEII stadium from the London Borough of Enfield. Can we have the Downs Bar now then?

offline Big Bad

Big Bad
  • Reserves
I dont think so, Town were offerd it when you started at Brimsdown, and for a year after that and still turned it down!!!
Why should you have the downs bar when its makeing money for Brimsdown now???

online lovely stuff

lovely stuff
I think Rymanreason was being Ironic. beer

offline Squadron Leader

Squadron Leader
  • Squadron Leader
  • Supports: Enfield Town FC Arsenal FC Fort William FC
  • Facebook
Originally Posted By: Big Bad
I dont think so, Town were offerd it when you started at Brimsdown, and for a year after that and still turned it down!!!
Why should you have the downs bar when its makeing money for Brimsdown now???

Think someones been telling you Prokies matey Town have never been offered "The Downs"

offline Hawkeye Pierce

Hawkeye Pierce
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
RIP Enfield FC sorry to hear your news!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus