Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 18-December 17 )

• Photo
    Steve_J

• Photo
    paul butts

• Photo
    Butts

• Photo
    Massimo.Oldham

• Photo
    butts53

Photo

pre season

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
46 replies to this topic

offline ETFCforever

ETFCforever
  • Onlooker
any one know the reason why we dont have any friendlys earlyer in july? with jj working at west ham do u think we could play a west ham 11?

offline Hawkeye Pierce

Hawkeye Pierce
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
With so many saddo town fans also West Ham fans I reckon that would be an ace idea - reckon it would get a good gate too. You have our former chairman, chopper and bubs to name but a misguided few.

offline Sponsor of Beer

Sponsor of Beer
  • Reserves Coach
Isn't Jim's approach this season consistent with previous years, ie around 6 fixtures against wherever possible teams from a higher level?

If pre season training starts at the beginning of July, I assume there will be a focus on fitness for the first few sessions rather than much use of the ball.

offline Hawkeye Pierce

Hawkeye Pierce
Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
Isn't Jim's approach this season consistent with previous years, ie around 6 fixtures against wherever possible teams from a higher level?

If pre season training starts at the beginning of July, I assume there will be a focus on fitness for the first few sessions rather than much use of the ball.

Ah but last year we got tonked by an excellent Tottenham Youth / Reserve team preseason. So some fans perceived rightly or wrongly a slight detour and that the odd premiership team might send down a team smattered with the odd star to bring in a gate at the beginning of the season (just to help cashflow).

I remember someone in the past boasting about Arsenal connections but I haven't in all my years following town seen an Arsenal team at Brimmo so we'll put that down to wishful thinking. I'm sure if it could have been done Jamie would have been well pleased.

offline Squadron Leader

Squadron Leader
  • Squadron Leader
  • Supports: Enfield Town FC Arsenal FC Fort William FC
  • Facebook
Originally Posted By: ETFCforever
any one know the reason why we dont have any friendlys earlyer in july? with jj working at west ham do u think we could play a west ham 11?

Because our Groundsman does not want any games on the pitch that early to allow the new seeded parts to settle in.

happy

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Can't we put orange fencing around the seeded bits? Would make a wonderful spectacle of a game!!!

offline Sponsor of Beer

Sponsor of Beer
  • Reserves Coach
Originally Posted By: Rhymenreason
Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer

Ah but last year we got tonked by an excellent Tottenham Youth / Reserve team preseason. So some fans perceived rightly or wrongly a slight detour and that the odd premiership team might send down a team smattered with the odd star to bring in a gate at the beginning of the season (just to help cashflow).

I remember someone in the past boasting about Arsenal connections but I haven't in all my years following town seen an Arsenal team at Brimmo so we'll put that down to wishful thinking. I'm sure if it could have been done Jamie would have been well pleased.

I'd prefer everybody to be more pleased at playing a coherent pre-season that helped the team hit the ground running, in both the Ryman League and FA Cup!

offline Duke of York

Duke of York
  • Reserves Coach
There may be a chance of Town going back to Flackwell Heath again next season. The complication is caused by Hayes merger with Yeading and the knock-on effect of the additional place that was created further up the pyramid.

As soon as the above merger was mooted Brook House immediately changed their name...

http://www.afchayes.co.uk/

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
Or Ilford! However, I believe they would rather go back to the Essex Senior League. Mind you, that's only a rumour.

offline Gazza

Gazza
Oh I do hope so!

offline Gazza

Gazza
Boreham Wood, Thurrock, Hertford, hardly an original set of pre season games is it? Just need Braintree for the full set!

C'mon guys lets arrange something worth going too huh, its bad enough having no new grounds to go to in the league next season.

offline Football Man

Football Man
Originally Posted By: Duke of York
As soon as the above merger was mooted Brook House immediately changed their name...

Sorry, Brook House had changed their name, and received County & FA approval for it, a good month before the merger came about.

offline Hawkeye Pierce

Hawkeye Pierce
Originally Posted By: Football Man
Originally Posted By: Duke of York

Sorry, Brook House had changed their name, and received County & FA approval for it, a good month before the merger came about.

So it caused the merger? Couldn't stand the heat so merged wow that is some presence?

offline Squadron Leader

Squadron Leader
  • Squadron Leader
  • Supports: Enfield Town FC Arsenal FC Fort William FC
  • Facebook
Originally Posted By: andyetfc
Can't we put orange fencing around the seeded bits? Would make a wonderful spectacle of a game!!!

That would mean lobbing the orange fencing every time a goal was scored. Obsticle football what fun!!!!!

evil2

offline Arkwright

Arkwright
  • First XI - Permanent
Originally Posted By: Gazza
Boreham Wood, Thurrock, Hertford, hardly an original set of pre season games is it? Just need Braintree for the full set!

C'mon guys lets arrange something worth going too huh, its bad enough having no new grounds to go to in the league next season.

All we need now is a game against Brimmo for the full set then.

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
In all seriousness, a game against Brimmo may be a good idea. Thie would help to improve relations between the two clubs. Maybe we could get a BBQ going and the two clubs could make some extra cash too.

offline The Invisible Man

The Invisible Man
Yep, and play it over two legs - away goals count double!

offline Arkwright

Arkwright
  • First XI - Permanent
No, one off match at a neutral ground.

offline Father Jack

Father Jack
  • Reserves Coach
  • rank
  • Supports: Enfield Town, Mayfield CC
  • Fav. Player(s): Nipper Lawrence, Billy Dane, Hamish Balfour
  • Fav. Sport(s): Golf and strangling animals
Cheshunt?