Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

pre season

Isn't Jim's approach this season consistent with previous years, ie around 6 fixtures against wherever possible teams from a higher level?

If pre season training starts at the beginning of July, I assume there will be a focus on fitness for the first few sessions rather than much use of the ball.

Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
Isn't Jim's approach this season consistent with previous years, ie around 6 fixtures against wherever possible teams from a higher level?

If pre season training starts at the beginning of July, I assume there will be a focus on fitness for the first few sessions rather than much use of the ball.

Ah but last year we got tonked by an excellent Tottenham Youth / Reserve team preseason. So some fans perceived rightly or wrongly a slight detour and that the odd premiership team might send down a team smattered with the odd star to bring in a gate at the beginning of the season (just to help cashflow).

I remember someone in the past boasting about Arsenal connections but I haven't in all my years following town seen an Arsenal team at Brimmo so we'll put that down to wishful thinking. I'm sure if it could have been done Jamie would have been well pleased.

Originally Posted By: ETFCforever
any one know the reason why we dont have any friendlys earlyer in july? with jj working at west ham do u think we could play a west ham 11?

Because our Groundsman does not want any games on the pitch that early to allow the new seeded parts to settle in.

happy

Originally Posted By: Rhymenreason
Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer

Ah but last year we got tonked by an excellent Tottenham Youth / Reserve team preseason. So some fans perceived rightly or wrongly a slight detour and that the odd premiership team might send down a team smattered with the odd star to bring in a gate at the beginning of the season (just to help cashflow).

I remember someone in the past boasting about Arsenal connections but I haven't in all my years following town seen an Arsenal team at Brimmo so we'll put that down to wishful thinking. I'm sure if it could have been done Jamie would have been well pleased.

I'd prefer everybody to be more pleased at playing a coherent pre-season that helped the team hit the ground running, in both the Ryman League and FA Cup!

There may be a chance of Town going back to Flackwell Heath again next season. The complication is caused by Hayes merger with Yeading and the knock-on effect of the additional place that was created further up the pyramid.

As soon as the above merger was mooted Brook House immediately changed their name...

http://www.afchayes.co.uk/

Boreham Wood, Thurrock, Hertford, hardly an original set of pre season games is it? Just need Braintree for the full set!

C'mon guys lets arrange something worth going too huh, its bad enough having no new grounds to go to in the league next season.

Originally Posted By: Football Man
Originally Posted By: Duke of York
As soon as the above merger was mooted Brook House immediately changed their name...

Sorry, Brook House had changed their name, and received County & FA approval for it, a good month before the merger came about.

So it caused the merger? Couldn't stand the heat so merged wow that is some presence?

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
Can't we put orange fencing around the seeded bits? Would make a wonderful spectacle of a game!!!

That would mean lobbing the orange fencing every time a goal was scored. Obsticle football what fun!!!!!

evil2

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Boreham Wood, Thurrock, Hertford, hardly an original set of pre season games is it? Just need Braintree for the full set!

C'mon guys lets arrange something worth going too huh, its bad enough having no new grounds to go to in the league next season.

All we need now is a game against Brimmo for the full set then.

In all seriousness, a game against Brimmo may be a good idea. Thie would help to improve relations between the two clubs. Maybe we could get a BBQ going and the two clubs could make some extra cash too.