Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield FC Fold???

Gonzo

IF it's true, and IF that is the intention, which I agree are enormous 'ifs', no doubt things would have been put quietly in place and backs scratched etc. beforehand. It's a bit of a coincidence that all the ballyhoo in the local rags about business links and coming back to Enfield is suddenly followed by folding. Hornchurch folded and started again at Step 5, have the rules changes since then? And of course the FA and co. never abide by their own rules anyway.

Mind you, could we nip in with a phone call and register the name????? grin

The rules have changed this then.The season after Hornchurch reformed the FA deamed all new sides must start at Step 7.

Maybe 'EFC 2007' have been given a green light to play at an undeveloped QE,until the council decides what to do with it.It would be a god awful place to stage and watch football in its current state though.

I sincerely hope that this is not the case. It is my view that ETFC's future is not at Brimmo and we should be doing all we can to secure Donkey Lane for the good of the Borough's leading football team as well as the ladies, reserves and youth.

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
I sincerely hope that this is not the case. It is my view that ETFC's future is not at Brimmo and we should be doing all we can to secure Donkey Lane for the good of the Borough's leading football team as well as the ladies, reserves and youth.
Our people seem more interested in muscleing in at Brimsdown ,I like you dont agree with it Mr Happy , Surely the best way forward is not at Brimsdown . Half the bar revenue is still not enough .

Quote:
I hope they've taken time to measure the pitch.

And then compare them to current FA minimum requirments.

It will take some going to aquire any council OK before July.let alone remove the hammer circle and the long jump pit.

Seriously though, this is all speculation and conjecture.Would be interesting to read the PM's flying around between EFC forum users,because they are saying absolutely nothing in the open.

Probably because they know no more than anyone else!

I haven't seen the QE for ages but I would think that the works necessary even for ESL/Step 5 football (if they're allowed to start at that level) would require planning permission (and possibly Building Regs too) which does not happen overnight. I recall we even had to have a traffic study done!

Anyway, it's given us something to gossip about in the close season!

Originally Posted By: Out_Of_Towner
Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
Our people seem more interested in muscleing in at Brimsdown ,I like you dont agree with it Mr Happy , Surely the best way forward is not at Brimsdown . Half the bar revenue is still not enough .

When you say OUR people,i presume you mean the four or five influencial members of the board.Well if they DO think that way,they are wrong and completly out of touch with the rest of the fans.The vast vast majority of whom would favour us targeting the QE as a long term option,rather than Brimsdown.

I still feel that 'court case' has detimentally hindered the speed of our progress.Certain board members would have been much more likely to invest decent sums of money in the club,if their accounts hadn't been half-emptied to pay the £100k court costs.