Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 23-October 17 )

• Photo
    Canary Saint

• Photo
    GNFC til i die

• Photo
    Town Statto

• Photo
    Don Douglas

• Photo
    UpTheBulls

• Photo
    lecof

• Photo
    davelfc

• Photo
    hilson

• Photo
    davidace23

• Photo
    Dave EUFC

• Photo
    RicharDinGlasgoW94

• Photo
    wakeling

• Photo
    non league fan

Photo

A Sad Day

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
201 replies to this topic

offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent
Bad news about the Club today.
Many "old" E's supporters will be sad to hear of the current problems and I am sure it will stir up even more discussions about Southbury Road Stadium being "sold" and the reprecussions thereafter.
Anyway,
Good luck for the future E's.

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI
I feel very sorry for the EFC fans today.Lazarou left the club in such a poor state.The current EFC Board have resided over the club falling from the Ryman premier league when they took control to the Essex senior league.That drop is undoubtedly NO fault of the current regime, but were they right to come in and keep the club going at the time,when ETFC would have reverted straight back into EFC had they not done so?

For me,a united Enfield is the way forward,and if out respective boards won't talk ,maybe its up to the fans from both sides to enter in dialogue and foster closer ties.

offline Steph

Steph
  • First XI - Permanent
LS It is my recollection that the ETFC board have offered the Olive Branch to EFC on many occasions but been continually rebuffed by the board of EFC.

Many posters on these boards have issued such venom to the various fans of the other club that it seemed that there was a lot of ill will for reasons of which I am not aware.

The chance for unification has gone and now EFC have voluntarily relegated themselves for reasons which are not at all clear. Is it to effectively block any possibility of a merger as the merged club would have to play in a lower league?

If the playing budget remains the same what is the purpose of the drop where crowds will be much lower (after all there are not the local derbies against Town and Ware) and travelling expenses not much cheaper.

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
It is a sad day but I wish all supporters at EFC the best for the new season.

offline Bionic II

Bionic II
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
WE had 2 great games with EFC, nice people, trust it all works outok.

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
A sad day for the fans but if EFC have liquidated and the owners have bought back the club debt free then they have had a good result. What about the businesses that have been owed money and have now lost out? Will they be getting back 1p for every pond owed like the creditors of Leeds? If this is the case then this stinks and once again company law has failed. Will the new club start the sason with a 10 point deduction? Sorry, I know I am goign to get hammered by many Es fans but I have seen so many instances of this in business and it is wrong.

offline Big Bad

Big Bad
  • Reserves
Nice comments Mr happy. Thanks, and much love too you too.

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
AS I have said, I feel sorry for all you loyal fans but angry that this can happen in business.

offline Sponsor of Beer

Sponsor of Beer
  • Reserves Coach
I suspect the only real financial loser here from the process is the tax payer. Wasn't the liquidation effected by the Inland Revenue when the Capital Gains Tax due from the sale of Southbury Road didn't get paid over?

It seems to me its a miracle that the Liquidator allowed this to go for so long; only time will tell whether that helps or hinders EFC efforts in the future.

One final point. I wonder how Ware FC feel about this; I can't imagine that the financial benefits (bar takings, etc.)from hosting ESL football will be particulalry lucrative. And if the FA enforces its view of future promotion from level 5, it might last a while.

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
What is the FA view on future promotion from level 5 ?

offline TB&G

TB&G
Originally Posted By: lovely stuff

Unlikely anyhow for 2008/9 if the E's start off with a minus 10 points total in the ESL next season.

At least EFC will appreciate the visit of the Boro who usually enjoy the support of more fans than the average Ryman 1 N club I suspect.

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
I fear EFC's lowest ever competative league attendance record will be beaten quite a few times next season.At least half of the teams have virtually no support,with maybe a couple of sides attracting 40-odd.Only Romford can claim any fanbase,around the 100 mark at home.

offline TB&G

TB&G
I fear EFC's lowest ever competative league attendance record will be beaten quite a few times next season.At least half of the teams have virtually no support,with maybe a couple of sides attracting 40-odd.Only Romford can claim any fanbase,around the 100 mark at home.

Hiya Lovely Stuff. Nice to talk to you again after some time.

Actually our home league average last season was 142 and overall was mid 170's I believe.

offline Sponsor of Beer

Sponsor of Beer
  • Reserves Coach

In (what appears to be) an effort to rationalise level 5 divisions, the FA is talking about restricting promotion to those divisions with 20 or more teams.

If its carried through, it will be interesting to see whether clubs jump ship quicker than mergers can be arranged or whether there just aren't that many clubs wishing or able to meet the standards.

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Originally Posted By: Trueblueandgold

Actually our home league average last season was 142 and overall was mid 170's I believe.

Hi.I can well believe 142 at Home.Romford are easily the best suported club,but 170 overall last season? Home and away?? Even with 2 games against Hornchurch i cannot believe that.Or do you mean an average of 170 at home since you joined the league?

offline TB&G

TB&G
Originally Posted By: Trueblueandgold

Hi.I can well believe 142 at Home.Romford are easily the best suported club,but 170 overall last season? Home and away?? Even with 2 games against Hornchurch i cannot believe that.Or do you mean an average of 170 at home since you joined the league?

No LS I was just referring to just home matches last season (2006/7) when we didn't play HX at all and the 170s included the increase to include our good cup runs too.

Our away league average according to another was 71. Just take a look at http://www.tonykemps...6-07/eslatt.htm
if you have the time for all the other league attendance data.

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
So Romfords average home & away league attendence was 107 last season.That is to be applauded when the league average was just over 50.When is your superiority in attendences going to be translated into a title challenge.Could next season finally be the one?

offline TB&G

TB&G
So Romfords average home & away league attendence was 107 last season.That is to be applauded when the league average was just over 50.When is your superiority in attendences going to be translated into a title challenge.Could next season finally be the one?

It all depends on us being able to get a lease on a ground that meets the FA criteria LS. And that, as they say, is in the lap of the gods if you have been reading the forum chatter over the last few months. Take a look also at our chairman's statement on our website www.romfordfc.com.

offline Big Bad

Big Bad
  • Reserves
Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
I suspect the only real financial loser here from the process is the tax payer. Wasn't the liquidation effected by the Inland Revenue when the Capital Gains Tax due from the sale of Southbury Road didn't get paid over?

It seems to me its a miracle that the Liquidator allowed this to go for so long; only time will tell whether that helps or hinders EFC efforts in the future.

One final point. I wonder how Ware FC feel about this; I can't imagine that the financial benefits (bar takings, etc.)from hosting ESL football will be particulalry lucrative. And if the FA enforces its view of future promotion from level 5, it might last a while.

For the first part of your post.
I know for a FACT that an offer was put to them but they rejected it, the club did everything it could to please them.

second part.
It can only help as we are now away from any of the "that t**t's" debts and can only move on from here!! Look what the club has done since Nov 2003, WITHOUT help from anyone, just think what we can do now we are away from that!!!!!!

And that last bit.
With respect to Ware, its nothing to do with them. They didnt mind when we were Ryman Div 2 and had low gates, why would that cahange now!!!???

I belive we as a club we can only get stronger and stronger now this has happened. Save or print this off cos you herd it here first!

offline MK James

MK James
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • Supports: Enfield & Brimsdown United (2010)

Big Bad, will the race night still be happening?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus