Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 19-August 17 )

• Photo
    behindthegoal

• Photo
    theabbeyabbott

• Photo
    gerk

• Photo
    mafa1978

• Photo
    fatman

• Photo
    lower league

Photo

A Sad Day

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
201 replies to this topic

offline The Penguin

The Penguin
  • Reserves
Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
A sad day for the fans but if EFC have liquidated and the owners have bought back the club debt free then they have had a good result. What about the businesses that have been owed money and have now lost out? Will they be getting back 1p for every pond owed like the creditors of Leeds? If this is the case then this stinks and once again company law has failed. Will the new club start the sason with a 10 point deduction? Sorry, I know I am goign to get hammered by many Es fans but I have seen so many instances of this in business and it is wrong.
Young sir Would you be saying that if ETFC got into difficulty ? Probably not one suspects. However ones goodself and ones good lady will be in our usual seats for next season. Even if I cant see that that well.

offline The Invisible Man

The Invisible Man
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Originally Posted By: Big Bad

I belive we as a club we can only get stronger and stronger now this has happened. Save or print this off cos you herd it here first!

You mean things can't get any worse? grin

OK OK I'm only joking!

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Quote:
Look what the club has done since Nov 2003, WITHOUT help from anyone

Since Nov 2003,the club has steadily dropped down the pyramid and now find themselves exactly where ETFC were six years ago.As i said before,this is no fault of the board who have tried to steady the club,but it was inevitable that things would go this way.

I hope you can use this as a springboard,but its a bloody long long way from the Essex senior to where we all once were a decade ago.We at ETFC should know that better than anyone.

Ps..Please brace yourself for the farmers fields that are places like Hullbridge.Its a totally different world to the Ryman league.Also ,if you think the standard of officialing is poor in the ryman just wait until you come across the officials in the ESL.Just ask Hornchurch's opinion after their season in the league.The refs are all over 60 and sport bandages or limps of some sort, and there is even a half blind and deaf linesman.I kid you not.He affectionately went by the name of 'the pinball wizard'.

PSS..Also remember not to shout and swear at opposition players like you do in the higher leagues.The fans that these clubs do have,will inevitably be related to the players.So you can expect the odd fist to fly if you do.Fruitbat nearly found out the hard way a few times.

offline Big Bad

Big Bad
  • Reserves
Yes mate and the 6 a side day as well nothings happened to the club apart from now being Tony Laz debt's free. We have now broken free!!!!

offline Big Bad

Big Bad
  • Reserves
Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Quote:

Since Nov 2003,the club has steadily dropped down the pyramid and now find themselves exactly where ETFC were six years ago.As i said before,this is no fault of the board who have tried to steady the club,but it was inevitable that things would go this way.

I hope you can use this as a springboard,but its a bloody long long way from the Essex senior to where we all once were a decade ago.We at ETFC should know that better than anyone.

I ment off the pitch!! the board have worked very very hard to sort out the mess left for them, the fans alike have helped very much so.

What would you do keep a club going only to find out any money made for the club only gos to help someone's debt! or take a drop and sort it out! You never know if we can keep most of last seasons team/squad, I think we will get promoted. but thats just my thinking.

offline JP21

JP21
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Blimey, you lot are big Hullbridge fans!

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
Quote:

I ment off the pitch!! the board have worked very very hard to sort out the mess left for them, the fans alike have helped very much so.

What would you do keep a club going only to find out any money made for the club only gos to help someone's debt! or take a drop and sort it out! You never know if we can keep most of last seasons team/squad, I think we will get promoted. but thats just my thinking.

It is not someone else's debt, it is EFC's debt. When your new owners took the club over surely tehy carried out a due dilligence search that would have established the sums of money the club owed and the sums of money they then owed as a result of taking ownership of the club. As I have said I feel for the loyal fans but it is wrong for owners of a business to simply wipe out THEIR debts leaving creditors empty handed.

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Quote:
I ment off the pitch!! the board have worked very very hard to sort out the mess left for them

Big bad.I have no doubt Laz left the club a wreck,with large unpaid debts and no ground,no income steam and very little fanbase.But the mess wan't Left to the current board.They chose to take on that mess at the 11th hour.They did so presumebly to secure the long term future of EFC as a respected non-league club.We have different views as to whether their action at the time was the correct thing to do.I do not wish to open that can of worms again.

Also liquidation rarely frees a Plc.It can hinder and continue to tie their hands for several years.I also doubt that the creditors will be pleased to read that EFC will still provide the playing squad with a healthy budget next season,instead of using the some of that money to pay them back.

I still wish EFC well,just for the sake of my former fellow supporters,who have gone through hell in the last five years,but still remain and turn out to support the club with as much passion as ever.I salute you and hopefully one day we will be standing side by side again on the terraces of Enfield.

The Invisible Man
Are EFC officially called Enfield FC or Enfield (1893) FC?

Something on the ESL forum made me wonder, that's all.

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Aldershot were briefly called 'Aldershot FC 1993' after they went into liquidation in the 90's.

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
Originally Posted By: The Invisible Man
Are EFC officially called Enfield FC or Enfield (1893) FC?

Something on the ESL forum made me wonder, that's all.

Try singing Enfield (1893) FC at a game!

The Invisible Man
Inverness Caledonian Thistle have a similar problem.

And no wonder Leytonstone/Ilford Incorporating Walthamstow Avenue changed their name to Redbridge Forest (before amalgamating with Dagenham). Pity the poor bloke at the back who started singing "Give us an L..." - they either lynched him or he's still at it.

offline coupwotcoup

coupwotcoup
  • Long Service Award
  • Supports: Romford
  • Foes: The Chins...
Aldershot were briefly called 'Aldershot FC 1993' after they went into liquidation in the 90's.

How queer..considering that they started up again as Aldershot Town...in 1992.

offline Uncle Urchin

Uncle Urchin
  • Long Service Award
Originally Posted By: coupwotcoup

How queer..considering that they started up again as Aldershot Town...in 1992.

tis a queer old NL world....as you know scoupy after three attempts your goodselves... grin

offline Greg_Dyke

Greg_Dyke
  • Youth Team Coach
I remember Aldershot coming to Hertford Town, the season after they were relegated...

1,500 fans, versus 100 home fans.

Made me wish there was a war in 87/88 !

Bored squaddies galore, no clue, young dumb and full of cum...

easy to bait and hook, nut difficult to land

a great day as HTFC went 2-0 down, pulled back to 2-2

violence ensued....game lost 2-4, but what a day !!!

offline Jonny M

Jonny M
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Is this type of thing unique to football clubs ?

If they were normal businesses, they would have been shut down.

Down to the bankers, methinks...

Anyway - best of fortune to the new EFC in the coming season.

J

offline Out_Of_Towner

Out_Of_Towner
  • First XI - Sub's Bench

It is not someone else's debt, it is EFC's debt. When your new owners took the club over surely tehy carried out a due dilligence search that would have established the sums of money the club owed and the sums of money they then owed as a result of taking ownership of the club. As I have said I feel for the loyal fans but it is wrong for owners of a business to simply wipe out THEIR debts leaving creditors empty handed.

[/quote]

Dont agree with you there Mr Happy ,Why should Steve Whittington be held accountable for Lazarou's mistermena's ? Or maybe you just have a blind hatred of some kind ,Dont forget some fans on both sides still remain friends so why rake this up ? Lovely stuff has made a few sensible points ,Hats off to him. I am confused as to why The current E's board didn't start again in the first place in 2003/4 instead of doing it now .

offline Sponsor of Beer

Sponsor of Beer
  • Reserves Coach
I imagine because the Board believed that it could achieve the financial separation that eventually caught up with it. I wouldn't be surprised if they have to move over to the Spartan League to find a promotion route, though.

offline Big Bad

Big Bad
  • Reserves
Quote:

Think you need to take a lokk again it wasnt EFC's debt it was EFC HOLDINGS LTD debt not the football club!!!

offline Big Bad

Big Bad
  • Reserves
Quote:
I ment off the pitch!! the board have worked very very hard to sort out the mess left for them

Also liquidation rarely frees a Plc.It can hinder and continue to tie their hands for several years.I also doubt that the creditors will be pleased to read that EFC will still provide the playing squad with a healthy budget next season,instead of using the some of that money to pay them back.

They were offerd a some of money that I have already said they turned it down then its there problem. The sum offered I hear was quite a large one as well so they only have themselves to blame.

any way no more talk of this, come you E's

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus