Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 23-October 17 )

• Photo
    Canary Saint

• Photo
    GNFC til i die

• Photo
    Town Statto

• Photo
    Don Douglas

• Photo
    UpTheBulls

• Photo
    lecof

• Photo
    davelfc

• Photo
    hilson

• Photo
    davidace23

• Photo
    Dave EUFC

• Photo
    RicharDinGlasgoW94

• Photo
    wakeling

• Photo
    non league fan

Photo

A Sad Day

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
201 replies to this topic

offline Colin, Germany

Colin, Germany
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Originally Posted By: Big Bad
Also you you keep on about the £8 charge on the cup Hemel game, for god sake man get over it!!!! AS I have said before it had nothing to do with them people who took over the club. it was already set for that season, and Im lead to belive that you cant change it when set!!!!

The reason for this, of course, is that the away team is entitled to half the gate of a cup tie (after expenses have been deducted).

offline MK James

MK James
  • Supports: Enfield & Brimsdown United (2010)

The prices were set before the start of that season. Although suspended Lazarou was technically still chairman until a couple of months later. Like Big Bad says, once people had bought season tickets and the like, you can't then lower the prices. I know Steph would like to blame our current directors for the cost of that game, but actually we've never paid that much in the following seasons since Steve,Phil etc. took charge.

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI

19th June 2007
Club Statement re Enfield FC
Our Chairman Paul Millington has made the following statement on behalf of the club:

'The recent events at Enfield FC have saddened many at Enfield Town who supported that club for many many years. But it has been the end of a long chain of events that started with the sale of Southbury Road Stadium.

The board of Enfield Town recognise and respect the work put in by Steve Whittington and his team over the years to continue running Enfield FC but the burden of the previous administration was always too great. In fact the financial plight of EFC was a major factor in the decision to form Enfield Town.

We believe that it is now the right time for both sets of supporters to pool their resources and work together to return the name of Enfield to the top of the non league world and with the support of everyone, potentially beyond that. We have approached Steve Whittington and asked him to consider this. He is going to speak to his team and we look forward to hopefully receiving a positive response. We believe that it is an exciting time for football in the borough and with the strength of a united club, the future is very promising. We have an opportunity now to put the past aside and move forward together for the benefit of football in Enfield and a return to the glory days of the past.

Paul Millington
Chairman
Enfield Town FC'

offline Bruce Darnell

Bruce Darnell
  • Trainee
After my lengthy post a few days ago, I will keep this short -

BRILLIANT.

I just hope the chance is not spurned

offline Steph

Steph
  • First XI - Permanent
We will wait and see.

Steve Whittington's early response is very non-comittal.

"We have approached Steve Whittington and asked him to consider this. He is going to speak to his team and we look forward to hopefully receiving a positive response."

The board of EFC have rejected all previous approaches.

offline Big Bad

Big Bad
  • Reserves
Steph what you have to consider is that Steve wontr just ask the four other members of the board he will ask every fan as well so it wont be just on the board's say so, although Steve and the others run the club the fans have a big say into this subject as well, they have always sort out fans advice and as to how the club should be run and vice vercer.

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
And what would your answer be,if they do ask you.

Also, how do you think all the other EFC fans would 'vote'.

Lets be honest.Most EFC fans are very loyal to the current board and would obviously back them in their dicison whether to unite the clubs or not.As such,its will probably be a case of the Board seeking backing from the fans after they have made up their minds on the direction to take.

Anyway.I can't see Mr Whittington agreeing to unite until their is no hope left.With Donkey Lane still being (a very slim) possibility,i believe he will still not be interested yet.Unfortunatly when the QE comes to nothing,it will probably be too late.A lot of Town fans will suffer dropping down a league in order to Unite football in Enfield,but few will be willing to do so, when (and if) we are in the Ryman prem.

offline Steph

Steph
  • First XI - Permanent
"they have always sort out fans advice and as to how the club should be run and vice vercer."

Except when ETFC was formed!

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
It seems no EFC fans is willing to put across their own opinion on the subject of Uniting football in the borough.

Come on EFC fans.Do you know your own opinions ? Or will you wait as usual until your board guide you as to which way to think?

offline Big Bad

Big Bad
  • Reserves
Originally Posted By: Steph
"they have always sort out fans advice and as to how the club should be run and vice vercer."

Except when ETFC was formed!

Again Steph yet another dig at Steve and the board, you forget to remember that Laz Was still in charge of the club then AND his puppet Terry back!!! NOT I repeat NOT the board in charge now that you seem to like to pop at every 5 mins Steph!!!

offline Big Bad

Big Bad
  • Reserves
Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
And what would your answer be,if they do ask you.

Also, how do you think all the other EFC fans would 'vote'.

Lets be honest.Most EFC fans are very loyal to the current board and would obviously back them in their dicison whether to unite the clubs or not.As such,its will probably be a case of the Board seeking backing from the fans after they have made up their minds on the direction to take.

Anyway.I can't see Mr Whittington agreeing to unite until their is no hope left.With Donkey Lane still being (a very slim) possibility,i believe he will still not be interested yet.Unfortunatly when the QE comes to nothing,it will probably be too late.A lot of Town fans will suffer dropping down a league in order to Unite football in Enfield,but few will be willing to do so, when (and if) we are in the Ryman prem.

To your 1st point. I would like to see us BOTH groundshareing I think too much water is under the bridge myself, BUT I'm only one person its what everyone else thinks.

third point. If the board want to unite and the fans didnt I dont know what would happen to be honest but to be fair untill Steve and the board sit down with the fans who knows waht anyone wants!

All I want is to see Enfield playing in Enfield again.

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
So you vote NO to a merger.OK.But you wouldn't mind sharing a ground,if it gets you back in Enfield.

But what if you find out pretty soon that there is no real option of a groundshare ,or the prospect of gaining any site or financial support from the council.That leaves you in the minor leagues and continuing with a longterm future outside of Enfield.By that time,the boat may well and truely have sailed.Town could be in Ryman Prem by then,with a secured future in Enfield.

And think of the longterm.What if your current chairman decides to step down in the future,or scale down his financial support (maybe when his son is no longer playing for the club -for example).

offline The Invisible Man

The Invisible Man
Or the reverse - EFC get back to Enfield, maybe even groundsharing with Town. What is the sense of that? The two clubs would be cutting each other's throats, competing for players, fans, sponsorship, lettings or other forms of income, council support etc. etc. And what quarrel do we have each other now?

Together we can go places - again - as one Enfield club. Apart, we are millstones round each other's necks.

offline football fanatic

football fanatic
  • Spectator
fine, you merge into EFC and im happy smile

offline Steph

Steph
  • First XI - Permanent
I dont give a damn what the club are called.

You can make out as much as you like that I am a villain BB but I took part in a vote and abided by the democratic decision of that vote. The board and others at EFC also took part in a vote but decided to ignore the result. Why, after consultation, should the situation be any different in the future?

BTW Enfield is playing in Enfield only they are called Enfield Town. The club is its fans. Managers come, managers go, players come and go board members change but the fans remain loyal. I see the same spirit and support at Goldsdown Road as I saw many years ago at Southbury Road. Andy and others getting the pitch ready like George Ludford used to do at Southbury Road. Squadron leader doing the teas and Arkwright in the shop as my parents used to do at Southbury Road. Supporters willing to build stands and get the bogs sorted out as I contributed to at Southbury Road. I know who drained the lake that used to form at the Town end by the entrance and whose pick went through the floodlight cable when we did that work. (MFM may be able to recollect the situation)

Even you try to distance the current cuckoo which is EFC from its recent history of fleecing the fans and downward spiral.

I often used to walk to Southbury Road with my dad before the A10 was dualed and we would discuss how long EFC could remain at the top. In those days it seemed forever as Jules Thorn was the patron of the club, had provided floodlights etc. There were strong connections with the council with Alderman Alan Young and the club had a lot of patrons willing to put their heart and soul into it. How many of the current EFC hangers on know where Len Rust corner was and do they care?

Times change. Ferguson Thorn are no longer in the borough and have probably been taken over by Sony or something. EFC had not been relegated since they were formed and did not suffer that ignomy until we left the conference. The previous boards and current board have presided over 4 relegations and no promotions since then. I cannot see a way back for EFC and can only contrast those relegations with the success of Enfield Town.

There is no room for two successful non league sides in Enfield and that is why it is my view that the current board of EFC are screwing up the chances of ETFC. I would rather ground share with Brimsdown at Goldsdown Road then share with a club called Enfield at Donkey Lane. My preferred option is obviously playing at Donkey Lane as either Enfield or Enfield Town but with Enfield Town's constitution so that no other "barrow boy" can wreck something that is worthwhile, community led and successful.

offline The Invisible Man

The Invisible Man
FF, fine by me too, but I think the idea of a merger is that two entities each merge with the other.

Steph, you know I don't like to quibble, but EFC have acheived a promotion since dropping from the Conference. They were promoted from Ryman 2 as runners-up three seasons ago.

offline Steph

Steph
  • First XI - Permanent
Correction accepted. However I dont think it alters the drift of my comments.

offline MK James

MK James

It's actually only 3 relegations including resigning this year. And at least 3 members including the chairman of the current board wern't even at Enfield when we split. Any other factual inaccuracies you wish to add?

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
Yeah, I can't see any udders on your cow!

offline MK James

MK James

What a load of bullocks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus