Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 23-October 17 )

• Photo
    Canary Saint

• Photo
    GNFC til i die

• Photo
    Town Statto

• Photo
    Don Douglas

• Photo
    UpTheBulls

• Photo
    lecof

• Photo
    davelfc

• Photo
    hilson

• Photo
    davidace23

• Photo
    Dave EUFC

• Photo
    RicharDinGlasgoW94

• Photo
    wakeling

• Photo
    non league fan

Photo

A Sad Day

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
201 replies to this topic

offline The Invisible Man

The Invisible Man
  • National Squad - 1st XI
It's a mad cow.

Does it support Uddersfield?

offline Steph

Steph
  • First XI - Permanent
I have just read the gazette and there is a glaring inaccuracy in that Enfield (1893) have no history of relegation.

MKJames

Conference to Ryman Premier, Ryman Premier to DIV 1 Div 1- Div 2 Then Essex Senior.

Now after me 1, 2, 3, 4

"The previous boards and the current board have presided over 4 relegations"

Where is the inaccuracy?

offline The Horse'sMouth

The Horse'sMouth
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Does it really matter? At the end of the day we are talking about whether we want to merge. We now need to see if the Clubs have any common ground. If not then both clubs walk away. Its that easy!

offline MK James

MK James
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • Supports: Enfield & Brimsdown United (2010)

Technically speaking Enfield(1893) were not relegated to the Essex League. If you're going to use that argument you could claim that Enfield Town were relegated 3 divisions in 1 summer. After all you did say that Town was Enfield. Well it's either a new club or it isn't. You're still wrong about Haringey Boro though, that was all down to Lazarou and Back.
All that said, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though and call it even, this time. wink

Whatever decision the board come to regarding a merger or not I'll back it. As far as I'm concerned I'm still looking forward to Hullbridge Sports and the like.

offline BladeRunner

BladeRunner
  • Supports: Sheffield United, Enfield ,
  • Foes: Sheffield Wednesday. Leeds Utd, Townies.
  • Fav. Sport(s): Cricket . Darts , Crown Green
Now then Steph old bean, Len Rust corner was in the Sportsmans lounge bar Right hand side of the bar And the table in the back corner if memory serves me (Not bad for a hanger on wouldnt you say) , Quite often used to chat with Dave Howell & Steve King round about there. The Olive branch offered by Paul Millington will I'm sure be considored but this will need to be discussed by everyone ,Some Board members are on holiday at present ,By the way Steph people like you dont help one bit your sarcasm just hardens peoples attitudes and causes more I'll feeling than necessary ,You seem to over look that most people at EFC still come from the borough or were born there and yet you try to alienate people. Again you come out with that same old yarn about the hemel hempstead game ,It Just doesnt sink in with you Does it,Just another excuse to sling some mud at Steve . Its hard to believe you ever once supported EFC with your belligerant attitude . You appear to be a very bitter man who holds a grudge.I bear no malice towards the majority of ETFC fans(Who are good football loving people )BUT I Wouldnt want a merger with people like you about.

offline Gonzo

Gonzo
Originally Posted By: BladeRunner
I bear no malice towards the majority of ETFC fans(Who are good football loving people )BUT I Wouldnt want a merger with people like you about.

You wouldn't want a merger on the basis of the opinions of a single ETFC fan?!

I've had enough of this petty squabbling. We are all non-league football supporters who want to support a successful club based in the borough. So lets apply a little commonsense. How can we best achieve this? - By pooling our resources and efforts. I don't care what the club is called, only what (and who) it represents.

If various people at both clubs can't put aside their ridiculous grievances and work together, then they are no less selfish than Lazarou.

See some sense, or I'm off to support Hornchurch!

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Agreed.

We both once supported the same great club.We all once supported an Enfield Fc that were proud ,successfull and a respected force in Non-league football.That club no longer exists.Many said that club died the day Southbury Road was demolished and the side left Enfield.Others continued to believe that the club continued in more than name and badge up until last week.There can be no arguement now.Two clubs have emerged from the destuction of EFC.Enfield Town Fc and Enfield 1893 Fc.

Its time to all grow up and smell the coffee.Those such as 'big bad' just wants to see Enfield Fc play in the borough again.They never will.The newly formed Enfield 1893 might well do one day.The recently formed Enfield Town already do.Both clubs were formed as closely from the original club as was possible by the fans.Both believe they are the true bloodline to the old Southbury Road Club.Its time to now bury the bitterness and squabbles.We've all been sold down the river and robbed of our once proud club and history,by Lazarou and Enfield council.Its time we grew up and worked togther and with eachother to give all of us the best chance of having what we once all had as Enfield supporters.

As a comparison,just look at the Palastinians at the moment.See how they are tearing themselves up and weakening both sides of their state by fighting between themselves,in the vain hope that one will emerge as the outright future pathway forward.When in reality they are imploding in a blaze of pride,resentment and self-destruction,never to be a united or to have the power or mandate that they would have had as one single united voice.

offline Steph

Steph
  • First XI - Permanent
Blade Runner

It is not personalities, as much as you try to suggest it is. It is about a great club that died and some people cant get over the grief and stick to a mouldering corpse rather than seeking to build something new out of the ruins rising like Lazerous.

You seem to suggest that the "great history" of EFC rests with Enfield (1697) or something like that. You and Enfield (1852) also seek to disown a part of that history saying it had nothing to do with you. You cannot pick and choose your roots. Your roots rest with Lazerou and the demolition of a dream. ETFC roots also rest with Lazerou but we have nothing to do with fleecing the fans or the demolition of a dream.

If you wish to stick with Enfield (1935) well best of luck but I personally want nothing to do with a club that rests so much importance on a number.

BTW I rarely chatted to the players - they were too far above me for me a mere mortal to speak to them. But I used to go into the sportsmans bar and thrill at the honours board.

Now what happened to that?

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
It seems there is still not a single 'EFC 1983' fan who is willing to say that they, in principal, would favour a united club.I find that absoloutley staggering.

If they do not take up this last chance,they could well regret it for the rest of their lives.Although they have probably now entrenched themselves into a certain mindset,where they are now happy to be part of a small club,gently enjoying the cosy atmosphere of watching lower league football,and at the same convincing themsleves into the belief that if they sit tight and do nothing,the good times may somehow come again.

'The path of least resistance,leads to dispair'

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Blimey!,I'm sounding serious at the momemt. doah

offline Enfield Horn

Enfield Horn
I don't support a merger at the moment. I do support the idea of both clubs talking & trying to get a groundshare at QE11 stadium.
Perhaps by talking to each other on a regular basis will install more trust between the two boards & the supporters. Then talk of a merger would be more likley. There are too many bad things said about each other & this has to stop! We need to calm down, concetrate on next season & once the Spurs situation is resolved, then we can start talking! I could say alot more, but it serves no purpose, lets look to the future. I don't no many of you at ETFC, but i used to stand on the terraces with my kids along side alot of you at Southbury Road, i hope one day that can happen again, although my kids are grown ups now. I wish both clubs success next season & hope we can build up trust between us.

offline Steph

Steph
  • First XI - Permanent
Enfield Horn.

I will repeat there is not room for 2 SUCCESSFUL non-league sides in Enfield. Either at Donkey Lane or elsewhere. If we did share at Donkey Lane we would both be in the lower reaches of the Ryman and rivalry between us would increase till the local derbies would be the most important thing in our season. I dont want that and there is no way it is going to happen.

As one club at Donkey Lane (or elsewhere) the conference is a real possibility.

Didn't you used to enjoy those trips to Runcorn, Barrow and Scarborough let alone the FA cup runs? Dont you want them back? Pooling our resources, not ground share, is a way to get them back.

If EFC (2190) dont want to do that, and it seems that they dont due to percieved slights, very well we will make our own way without you. It doesn't bother me in the slightest whereas 5 years ago it was what I wanted. Now it is too late. My club has offered the hand of friendship and your club has consistently spurned it. That is your choice and I respect your right to make it.

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Doing next-to-nothing,is as good as doing nothing. Its now or never .Just accepting that you might talk in the distant future IF you get a part of the QE,is nowhere near good enough.You're still only looking out for yourselfs,rather than wanting to actually unite.Your resentment towards those that once were your fellow fans still outweighs your desire for success or to try and achieve what was lost.

Lets hope that your board see sense.If they show the same attitude as most of you fans..Ie.Sit tight,maybe agree to some talks in the future,if it get us into the QE..etc. Then FORGET IT!

Town are in a strong position,being seven years ahead of Enfield 1893.We have infrasture in the borough,we have much larger fanbase,but we are the ones wanting reconsiliation.We are prepared to forgive.It seems those at EFC will always be too bitter to do the right thing,and still only care about their own interests rather than the good of football in Enfield or the good of Enfield as a whole community.

So where does that leave us.With the continued resentment and a very small sniff of a share at the QE,it seems Enfield 1893 are still unwilling to talk. The chance will never arise again .Enfield Town and Enfield 1893 will both last forever as seperate clubs if this last chance is rejected.I hope you make the right decision.Towns future and progress is secured without a merger.We need it less than you,but we seem more willing to do it.

offline Uncle Urchin

Uncle Urchin
  • Long Service Award
ain't my business and I have time for both clubs but must say that steph speaks sense here...talks cheap in football matters and past slights can be healed...a united enfield would be a big force in NL again methinks..

good luck either way to both..

offline Enfield Horn

Enfield Horn
When i joined as a member of the supporters trust, it was to help get EFC out of the former Chairmans grasp and eventually take it over. I did not join to form a new team, had we stuck together then EFC would still be going and all this bickering would not be happening. Look at Maidstone United, when they went bust, they started in the Kent County League as Maidstone Invita. Their supporters, current Chairman & board set about getting the club back up the leagues and out of administration, eventually returning to MUFC. Their new ground back in Maidstone is being build and they are in the Ryman Premier next season. It has taken them 14 years to get back to were they where in the 1970s'. That is what we should have done instead of forming a new team & splitting up the support. Tell that to your board members!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

offline cantos

cantos
  • Long Service Award
I do not know the politics of the split,but the time for reuniting is now or never at all.

I wish both clubs every success in whatever they chooseto do.

offline Steph

Steph
  • First XI - Permanent
Enfield Horn

You may be right in your view and then again I may be right. It is not important now. What is important is our club(s). It is my fundamental POV which you dont accept that EFC died with Southbury Road. Most supporters agreed with me and not you.

In 14 years I will be well over 70 - you may be young enough to wait but it is too long for me. I am hopeful that we will be in the Ryman Premier after next season! I am convinced it will take less than 14 years.

In any event Maidstone were never the force in non-league that Enfield used to be. Greyhound track around a pitch where you had to take a corner on concrete. Anyway you know what they say.

SHARPS THE WORD FOR TOFFEE.

I think UU will understand.

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Originally Posted By: Enfield Horn
When i joined as a member of the supporters trust, it was to help get EFC out of the former Chairmans grasp and eventually take it over. I did not join to form a new team, had we stuck together then EFC would still be going and all this bickering would not be happening. Look at Maidstone United, when they went bust, they started in the Kent County League as Maidstone Invita. Their supporters, current Chairman & board set about getting the club back up the leagues and out of administration, eventually returning to MUFC. Their new ground back in Maidstone is being build and they are in the Ryman Premier next season. It has taken them 14 years to get back to were they where in the 1970s'. That is what we should have done instead of forming a new team & splitting up the support. Tell that to your board members!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aahhH!! eek

Do we have to drag this up again?? It will only cause more resentment.The vast majority of all EFC fans voted democratically to form another club.It was done as a last resort,only after all hope of was gone.Lazarou by that stage had sold every asset including the stadium and was sytsematically disolving the club and sytsematically inflicting it with crippling debt.We only took that drastic action in order to maintain an infrastuture and fanbase in Enfield.Only that dramatic action finally forced Lazarou to walk away.If all EFC fans had abided by that democratic vote, ETFC would have merged immediately back into EFC once Lazarou was forced out.That was part of the plan.What ruined the plan was for a small percentage of fans (headed by mr Whittington) to go against the vote,firstly by staying with Lazarous EFC and then keeping the club from folding when he left.Especially as it was our drastic action that forced Lazarou out in the first place.

I have no doubt that those few who took over the club believed they were doing the right thing for the old club.Looking at it now,EFC are no more,and a team called Enfield 1983 fc with little fanbase will now play in the Essex senior league.It is plain to see what a poor and distructive move it was at the time.For the last 5 years those at EFC could convince themselves that they had done the corrct thing.Now EFC has been liquidated,it must be harder to justificy their decision.Current EFC fans will always find it hard to forgive Town fans for their tactical decision to leave the club. I will find it hard to forgive them for their decision to go against the will of their fellow fans at the time (Many of us also feel that the last 5 years has gone a long way to diminish and wipe out,all the hard work,pride and respect that Enfield Football club once had in the past).

But i and many other Town fans are willing to forgive and forget,in order to do what is best for Football in Enfield.We were hoping that EFC fans would be willing to do the same.

Lets never forget ,that we be both all once loved and supported the same club,and we both took our own individual decision because we thought it was the best way to preserve what we all once had.

offline Steph

Steph
  • First XI - Permanent
Hear Hear

I really should get on and write my report on rats in Islington.

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Enfield Town Fc statement

At a very well attended Enfield Town Supporters Society meeting on 19th June members received a report on the discussions that have taken place on a new lease on the facilities at Goldsdown Road. The lease would cover the whole site including the stadium, clubhouse, surrounding pitches and the area known as the Downs. The meeting also discussed the proposed joint management committee that would manage these facilities.

It was stressed that these proposals did not impact on our longer term aim for a stadium of our own at the QE Stadium but would provide an opportunity for both BSSC and Enfield Town to develop income streams for the benefit of both clubs. In Enfield Town's case this would enable the club to continue to progress on the field.

The meeting voted overwhelmingly in favour of the following proposal:

The Board of ETFCSS Ltd seeks members' approval to complete negotiations on the constitution of the joint management Company with Brimsdown Sports and Social Club and the lease for the facilities at Goldsdown Road with the London Borough of Enfield and BSSC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus