Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 24-October 17 )

• Photo
    Robbo

• Photo
    judgedread

• Photo
    chas_hfc

• Photo
    lol

• Photo
    Hackett

Photo

A Sad Day

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
201 replies to this topic

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Look well if Brimmo do well next season and get promoted to Ryman 1 North. Will there be suggestions of merging with them?

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
If my memory serves me right,ETFC were not formed by Brimsdown supporters and i'm pretty sure we never all supported Brimdsown in the past either.So the analogy bares no comparison.

PS..Hopefully Town will be in Ryman prem next season,so whats Brimsdown possibly being promoted into the Ryman North got to do with anything?

PPS..Can Brimsdown be promoted from The Spartan next season? Does that league have 20 or more teams in it?

offline TopGun

TopGun
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Enfield , West Ham .
  • Foes: You know who ,Grrrrr
Hello Andy how about if We could both merge with brimmo . That would solve everyone's problems then.

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
Just thinking of at least two clubs in the Ryman 1 North the season after next. Both playing in Enfield at the same ground. Size isn't everything!!!! wink

offline MK James

MK James
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • Supports: Enfield & Brimsdown United (2010)
Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
It seems there is still not a single 'EFC 1983' fan who is willing to say that they, in principal, would favour a united club.I find that absoloutley staggering.

If they do not take up this last chance,they could well regret it for the rest of their lives.Although they have probably now entrenched themselves into a certain mindset,where they are now happy to be part of a small club,gently enjoying the cosy atmosphere of watching lower league football,and at the same convincing themsleves into the belief that if they sit tight and do nothing,the good times may somehow come again.

'The path of least resistance,leads to dispair'

I do in principle. It makes sense LS, but since when has sense had any bearing in football.

offline Eastside Urchin

Eastside Urchin
  • President Elect
  • rank
  • Supports: AFC Hornchurch
  • Foes: Romford
Originally Posted By: Trueblueandgold
What is the FA view on future promotion from level 5 ?

Unlikely anyhow for 2008/9 if the E's start off with a minus 10 points total in the ESL next season.

At least EFC will appreciate the visit of the Boro who usually enjoy the support of more fans than the average Ryman 1 N club I suspect.

You are joking teabag,the majority of the sides in ryman 1 have bigger support than romford!!!

offline Steph

Steph
  • First XI - Permanent
Looking at another site you should expect at least 30% fall in attendance and possibly a lot more as you will not be playing Enfield Town or Ware. Both local derbies.

offline MK James

MK James
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • Supports: Enfield & Brimsdown United (2010)

I'm sure if we are playing well and at the right end of the table we can get some three figure crowds. I'm more worried that we might not compete in the FA competitions.

offline BladeRunner

BladeRunner
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
  • Supports: Sheffield United, Enfield ,
  • Foes: Sheffield Wednesday. Leeds Utd, Townies.
  • Fav. Sport(s): Cricket . Darts , Crown Green
Originally Posted By: Steph
Looking at another site you should expect at least 30% fall in attendance and possibly a lot more as you will not be playing Enfield Town or Ware. Both local derbies.
NOT FORGETTING that Town have lost their biggest league gate of the season . No disrespects to Ilford but you wont get an 800 gate when they visit.

By the way steph I put your latest rants down to salman Rushdie's knighthood ,And when your mates catch up with him and implement the FATWAH He should be made a saint then.

And do something about that bloody avatar .A white box with a little red cross looks weird ,Learn to use your P C properly you wazzock.

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Quote:
NOT FORGETTING that Town have lost their biggest league gate of the season . No disrespects to Ilford but you wont get an 800 gate when they visit.

NO.but we will when Dartford visit.

offline BladeRunner

BladeRunner
  • Supports: Sheffield United, Enfield ,
  • Foes: Sheffield Wednesday. Leeds Utd, Townies.
  • Fav. Sport(s): Cricket . Darts , Crown Green
Doubt it . Maybe 400-500

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Depends when we play them ,and what the league position is like at the time.

offline Man From Mars

Man From Mars
  • Supports: The E's
  • Foes: The Cliquey Clan
  • Fav. Player(s): Anyone who scores against the cliquey Townies
BLOOMIN OOMER WHATS HAPPENED ????

I had a job finding the Enfield forum.

I go to aunts caravan for one week then to the south coast UFO spotting for another week and what do I find when I get back ? We're in the essex senior league !!! Its just taken me over a hour to read all this ,But glad we are still around instead of joining up with them cliquey Townies , A fate worse than death that is. Stephs his usual gloating smug self ,Mr Crappy wants a 10 point deduction & Lovely stuff & Paul Millington wants us to be cliquey like them . Top man Steve Whittington for starting up the club again on a level footing ,Some interesting new places to see next season as well ,I did go to Basildon in 2001 my only game supporting them cliqueys before I came to my sences and thought better of it .Looking forward to going back to Clapton a long time since I went there , 70s I think that was. See you soon fella's Kev.

offline Sponsor of Beer

Sponsor of Beer
  • Reserves Coach
So that's ok, then. Just as long as Steve's putting his hand in his pocket you'll be happy.

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
If my memory serves me right,ETFC were not formed by Brimsdown supporters and i'm pretty sure we never all supported Brimdsown in the past either.So the analogy bares no comparison.

PS..Hopefully Town will be in Ryman prem next season,so whats Brimsdown possibly being promoted into the Ryman North got to do with anything?

PPS..Can Brimsdown be promoted from The Spartan next season? Does that league have 20 or more teams in it?

Well we have reliably been informed that the borough cannot sustain two clubs at ETFC's level. What's the differnce between ETFC and EFC and ETFC and Brimmo?

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
The Town can easily sustain 2 or 3 clubs at step 4 level of below.The issue is if one club can reach the hieghts of step 2 or above with competition for supporters,press-coverage, sponsership..etc,from another club in the same borough.

Brimsdown are not really in that equation anyway.They have no support,little press covergage and don't claim (or wish) to represent Enfield and its whole community.(only the small ward of Brimsdown).

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
I wonder if Brimmo supporters are of the same opinion?

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
I asked him and he said "No"!

offline Son of Sam

Son of Sam
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Originally Posted By: andyetfc

Well we have reliably been informed that the borough cannot sustain two clubs at ETFC's level. What's the differnce between ETFC and EFC and ETFC and Brimmo?

[/quote] Really ?

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
Originally Posted By: Son of Sam
Originally Posted By: andyetfc

Really ? [/quote]

Yes, really. Or so that is what those at the top believe.

Do you think their opinions are based on fact or just guesswork?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus