Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 23-October 17 )

• Photo
    Canary Saint

• Photo
    GNFC til i die

• Photo
    Town Statto

• Photo
    Don Douglas

• Photo
    UpTheBulls

• Photo
    lecof

• Photo
    davelfc

• Photo
    hilson

• Photo
    davidace23

• Photo
    Dave EUFC

• Photo
    RicharDinGlasgoW94

• Photo
    wakeling

• Photo
    non league fan

Photo

A Sad Day

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
201 replies to this topic

offline Son of Sam

Son of Sam
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Funny you should say that ,The ones at the top tell it different at our club.

offline Bad_Egg

Bad_Egg
  • First XI - Weekly Contract

well if camebridge can have 3 big non league sides i fink theres room for 2 in enfield, weather itll be townies or brimmo who join us as the other club time will tell

offline Glamour Puss

Glamour Puss
  • Reserves
Originally Posted By: Steph
Blade Runner

It is not personalities, as much as you try to suggest it is. It is about a great club that died and some people cant get over the grief and stick to a mouldering corpse rather than seeking to build something new out of the ruins rising like Lazerous.

You seem to suggest that the "great history" of EFC rests with Enfield (1697) or something like that. You and Enfield (1852) also seek to disown a part of that history saying it had nothing to do with you. You cannot pick and choose your roots. Your roots rest with Lazerou and the demolition of a dream. ETFC roots also rest with Lazerou but we have nothing to do with fleecing the fans or the demolition of a dream.

If you wish to stick with Enfield (1935) well best of luck but I personally want nothing to do with a club that rests so much importance on a number.

BTW I rarely chatted to the players - they were too far above me for me a mere mortal to speak to them. But I used to go into the sportsmans bar and thrill at the honours board.

Now what happened to that?

I believe this was the sort of sarcasm that Blade Runner was referring to. Your animosity towards EFC fans indeed isn't welcoming. I wouldn't however make my decision about a merger based on the unsavoury attitude of one town fan.

I do not always follow the opinion of our board either just because I am loyal to them (as expressed earlier by LS I believe). I am a growed up and do make decisions for myself (we pussy cats do not follow crowds like a flock of sheep).

I would be interested to see how a merger would work in principle although i believe that in practice it would be difficult. For instance how would the constitutions of the club be merged and how would the board be constructed? Our board has invested a lot of money in the club including paying a substantial amount of the debts attributed to EFC by Lazarou. And before any of you smart alecs say it not the Inland revenue debt!

As I say I am interested....not definate.

offline Glamour Puss

Glamour Puss
  • Reserves
I would like to point out that although I am Chair of the Supporters Club, This is my personal opinon and not that of the Supporters Club.

Tracey

offline Squadron Leader

Squadron Leader
  • First XI - Permanent
  • Supports: Enfield Town FC Arsenal FC Fort William FC
Originally Posted By: Glamour Puss
Blade Runner

It is not personalities, as much as you try to suggest it is. It is about a great club that died and some people cant get over the grief and stick to a mouldering corpse rather than seeking to build something new out of the ruins rising like Lazerous.

You seem to suggest that the "great history" of EFC rests with Enfield (1697) or something like that. You and Enfield (1852) also seek to disown a part of that history saying it had nothing to do with you. You cannot pick and choose your roots. Your roots rest with Lazerou and the demolition of a dream. ETFC roots also rest with Lazerou but we have nothing to do with fleecing the fans or the demolition of a dream.

If you wish to stick with Enfield (1935) well best of luck but I personally want nothing to do with a club that rests so much importance on a number.

BTW I rarely chatted to the players - they were too far above me for me a mere mortal to speak to them. But I used to go into the sportsmans bar and thrill at the honours board.

Now what happened to that?

I believe this was the sort of sarcasm that Blade Runner was referring to. Your animosity towards EFC fans indeed isn't welcoming. I wouldn't however make my decision about a merger based on the unsavoury attitude of one town fan.

I do not always follow the opinion of our board either just because I am loyal to them (as expressed earlier by LS I believe). I am a growed up and do make decisions for myself (we pussy cats do not follow crowds like a flock of sheep).

I would be interested to see how a merger would work in principle although i believe that in practice it would be difficult. For instance how would the constitutions of the club be merged and how would the board be constructed? Our board has invested a lot of money in the club including paying a substantial amount of the debts attributed to EFC by Lazarou. And before any of you smart alecs say it not the Inland revenue debt!

As I say I am interested....not definate.

I think I have to agree with you on this one Tracey, I think it will also be very difficult for it to work, although in prinical it DOES seem a good idea.

How are you keeping by the way?

happy

offline The Horse'sMouth

The Horse'sMouth
I think SL and GP have hit the nail on the proverbial head. In theory a merger of the two teams looks extremely sensible and I believe would be to both teams benefit.

However, the consitutions of each club is very different. It would be very hard to get over this hurdle. Saying that I don't think there is any arm in talking.

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
Completely agree with you there.

offline Glamour Puss

Glamour Puss
  • Reserves
Doing well thanks Gilli, Owen 2 now- time flys eh?

Love to the Farenden Clan

T x

offline Steph

Steph
  • First XI - Permanent
Hold on!

I dont think much money has been invested in Enfield (xxxx). After all it has only been around for a couple of weeks!

As for the money invested in Enfield FC. What do you think the fans of Enfield Town did for many years before the formation of Enfield Town and since?

The priggish holier than thou attitude of some on this board makes me want to puke. As LS has said many of you are very selective over the history you want to take with you to the new club.

There can be no amalgamation without retention of the Enfield Town constitution. It would never get passed by the existing board of ETFC or at a general meeting. When will some of you face the fact that you have nothing to offer ETFC except a stronger negotiating position with the local authority. That negotiating position will get stronger in any event as ETFC climb up the non-league ladder and EFC (xxxx) drift down among the lower reaches. After all EFC (xxxx) have no links with Enfield except the name.

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
Steph, whilst I do agree with a lot of your comments I do feel that you (as well as some of our board) are living in a dreamworld if they think EFC is dead. The new club will retain the history of the old club, will use the badge and have dropped just one level (to a level they played only a couple of seasons ago). However, they now have no debts. They are one of the three favourites for the ESL title. It will be easier for them to win the ESL and get promoted than it will be for us to win Ryman 1N and get promoted. There is a strong possibilty that we will both be playing derbies in 08/09. I do not feel what has happened ius right but it has happend and these really are now the facts.

offline Jim Cunneen

Jim Cunneen
  • Reserves Coach
  • Supports: Shortwood Utd, ETFC
  • Foes: Witney, Bitton
  • Fav. Player(s): Andy Hoskins,
  • Fav. Sport(s): Cricket
Bloody hell! THis is the first time ive been on here for a very long time and its taken me a long while to read this thread.

I am against a merger for a lot of very complicated reasons, a lot of them constitutional and a lot more concerning water and bridges. I wish nothing but good for EFC and all its fans and supporters and I am sure the great majority of Town followers are the same whether they had connections to EFC or not. (and no im not taking the mick). I would love to see them win the ESL and get back to the Ryman.

Have to say Steph you are bang out of order here with some of your comments. The people who have worked for EFC deserve as much credit as the people who work for ETFC and I for one wish them every success.

Let it lie for goodness sake.

offline Bad_Egg

Bad_Egg
Hold on!

I dont think much money has been invested in Enfield (xxxx). After all it has only been around for a couple of weeks!

As for the money invested in Enfield FC. What do you think the fans of Enfield Town did for many years before the formation of Enfield Town and since?

The priggish holier than thou attitude of some on this board makes me want to puke. As LS has said many of you are very selective over the history you want to take with you to the new club.

There can be no amalgamation without retention of the Enfield Town constitution. It would never get passed by the existing board of ETFC or at a general meeting. When will some of you face the fact that you have nothing to offer ETFC except a stronger negotiating position with the local authority. That negotiating position will get stronger in any event as ETFC climb up the non-league ladder and EFC (xxxx) drift down among the lower reaches. After all EFC (xxxx) have no links with Enfield except the name.

is that the official line or your own p.o.v

offline Duke of York

Duke of York
  • Reserves Coach
I'm not sure the new Enfield FC (xxxx) will be allowed to list honors of the old club. Aldershot Town FC were prevented from listing the original club's honors when the new club was established in 1992.

I welcome an amalgamation of ETFC and EFC if it can be undertaken along the principles of Enfield Town and wihout the club being relegated to the lower level in order to combine clubs.

Enfield United anyone?

offline Glamour Puss

Glamour Puss
  • Reserves
Well said Jim on all point.

Some of Stephs points may well be valid however some people may not be able to see them through the detritus his posts are littered with. No offense steph but i think you need to take a deep breath and count to ten....

offline The Invisible Man

The Invisible Man
  • National Squad - 1st XI
I'm with DOY. All for a merger, with the provisos, which do look extremely difficult to overcome. But nothing is implossible, given a will.

Water-under-the-the-bridge and we've-come-too-far objections I believe are spurious, complete nonsense.

offline townerboy

townerboy
  • Reserves Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town
I am with the Duke as well. although in my opinion it will have to happen soon, as the moment will pass and then the two clubs will continue forging their own paths if we are not careful.

Originally Posted By: Duke of York
I'm not sure the new Enfield FC (xxxx) will be allowed to list honors of the old club. Aldershot Town FC were prevented from listing the original club's honors when the new club was established in 1992.

I welcome an amalgamation of ETFC and EFC if it can be undertaken along the principles of Enfield Town and wihout the club being relegated to the lower level in order to combine clubs.

Enfield United anyone?

offline Glamour Puss

Glamour Puss
  • Reserves
Ok then, maybe not all points. Definately agree about the difficulties with the consitutions thou, as i posted yesterday.

offline Bad_Egg

Bad_Egg

theyre not alone i have probs wiv my constitution in all

cant we just merge with brimmo as enfield rovers

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
Originally Posted By: Bad_Egg

theyre not alone i have probs wiv my constitution in all

Nust have been that curry and ten pionts of lager!!!

offline Bad_Egg

Bad_Egg

ten pints is just a lite sesh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus