Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 23-October 17 )

• Photo
    Canary Saint

• Photo
    GNFC til i die

• Photo
    Town Statto

• Photo
    Don Douglas

• Photo
    UpTheBulls

• Photo
    lecof

• Photo
    davelfc

• Photo
    hilson

• Photo
    davidace23

• Photo
    Dave EUFC

• Photo
    RicharDinGlasgoW94

• Photo
    wakeling

• Photo
    non league fan

Photo

A Sad Day

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
201 replies to this topic

offline Sponsor of Beer

Sponsor of Beer
  • Reserves Coach
But the 20+ IS the new rule under discussion. I'd agree that it may well change (upwards or down), but do wonder whether clubs like Mauritiuas Pennant and other new joiners were advised before paying their fees.

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Surely you don't think clubs were not told this just to get them into the league, do you? Maybe it's down to clubs to get all the facts right before making big decisions about their future!

offline Bad_Egg

Bad_Egg
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
But the 20+ IS the new rule under discussion. I'd agree that it may well change (upwards or down), but do wonder whether clubs like Mauritiuas Pennant and other new joiners were advised before paying their fees.

so wot. we just switch leagues. or we stay in the essex league foreva. id rather watch enfield in a sunday parks league than stand next to u as a townie in the conference

offline Pathfinder

Pathfinder
  • Reserves
Thats not very ambitious Bad Egg , This should be a temporary setback for one year . I am one who would listen to what the townies have to say as regards a merger . Lets face it it wont happen while we are at different levels.

offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent
HEY.......... Bad Egg,
Read MY original thread some 4000 views and 160 replies ago.
Why so much bad egg feeling ?

99% of Town followers will always have an eye on EFC ( whatever date )and will follow their fortunes from afar.
Why not just accept the current situation and move on ?

When Town started up no one was sure where it would go and we have had some good seasons to date, moving up the league system.
I am sure EFC ( whatever date ) will recover and do the same as Town.

Maybe one day the two Clubs will be back as one.
Maybe one day EFC ( whatever date ) will be back in Enfield.
Maybe one day both Clubs will share a ground in the Borough.
Who knows.

Your attitude does not help.

offline Gazza

Gazza
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Originally Posted By: Bad_Egg
........... id rather watch enfield in a sunday parks league than stand next to u as a townie in the conference

So would many Towner fans eggy, trust me!

offline Gazza

Gazza
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Originally Posted By: OldTowner
..99% of Town followers will always have an eye on EFC ( whatever date )and will follow their fortunes from afar.

Well said OT, very good point.

offline Bad_Egg

Bad_Egg
i aint got a problem with a merger or even with townies, most of my old enfield pals are townies. even stef is alrite even tho he lives in clooud cuckoo land. theres only 1 townie who gets the red mist goin spreadin his muck on here.

but i ment wot i said. while theres two clubs my harts with the club i grew up as a boy in the fiftys watchin. i didnt drive all the way to merthyr, whitley bay, manchester etc and spend fortie years on the southbury terraces just to give it all up on a whim

add too that its common knowlidge i dont like brimmo. id take it if i had too but id rather wacth my boy (mini egg) play the cricket

offline OldTowner

OldTowner
  • First XI - Permanent
Cricket in the winter ?
What's he on........... West Indies tour ?

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Quote:
I didnt drive all the way to merthyr, whitley bay, manchester etc and spend fortie years on the southbury terraces just to give it all up on a whim.

On a whim??? Do you think those of us that travelled the length and breadth of the country for,30,40,50 years in support of our beloved club,gave up on Enfield fc on whim? It waas the hardest decision of many people lives and only done so out of a desire to retain a football club for the people of Enfield.

Bad Egg, the hardest decision that you will have to make is to finally admit the Southbury Rd Enfield FC (that we all knew and supported) is dead.We accepted that 6 years ago,and until those at Enfield 1983 accept that,i can't see much hope in building a better future or ever recapturing what was taken away from us by Lazarou and the council.

offline Bad_Egg

Bad_Egg

out of towner 1st few months of the footie season i like to watch my boy down at whytewebbs until october obviusly

luvly stuff i have to make the hardest decision evry weekend - weather to go the wheelwrites or the plough

i got over it years ago that enfield and enfield town wood never be the force of the old enfield teams. the blue square wotsit is a lot stromger than in the days when it woz called the gola league

offline Maldini66

Maldini66
  • Reserves Coach
I have read most of this thread and disagree
When we played Enfield it didn't feel you with fear but made you apprehensive and a little nervous because they were a massive non league club with loads of history, They were the glamour team that most of us players wanted to play for, Until you get together again and put aside your differences I cannot ever see you reaching the pinnacle of non league football or beyond.
A united club with united supporters is the only sensible way forward you only have to look at where yeovil are now to realise the potential.

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
I would love to see a united Enfield. Trouble is, and I have stated this before, why on earth would the actual owners of EFC (****) be prepared to lose control of their club. They own it!! Now that they have got rid of their debts they are now in a better position than they were last year. They have played at step 5 level and will be title challengers next season so there is a good chance that they will be back at step 4, debt free in just one year. We also have a board who are totally agasint any one person having any bigger say in the running of ETFC. They need to look at the bigger picture and have a more open mind about the future. The statement put out when EFC liquidated was a joke and showed a lack of any real understanding of business.

offline Maldini66

Maldini66
  • Reserves Coach
That's fair enough and I take on board your thoughts but until you put aside these petty arguements neither club in my opinion will reach the heights of the once great Enfield Fc, Enfield Town have done a brilliant job to achieve the success they have had but surely a united Enfield would be a major force once again with the level of interest in sponsorship and the ultimate goal of playing back in Enfield in there own stadium where they belong.

offline Enfield10

Enfield10
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
you on here looking for a job no malds???

Mr Maldini peace co-ordinator!

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
Originally Posted By: Maldini66
That's fair enough and I take on board your thoughts but until you put aside these petty arguements neither club in my opinion will reach the heights of the once great Enfield Fc, Enfield Town have done a brilliant job to achieve the success they have had but surely a united Enfield would be a major force once again with the level of interest in sponsorship and the ultimate goal of playing back in Enfield in there own stadium where they belong.

I just cannot see it happening. You have two boards with totally different ideas as to how a football club should be structured and run. One is a cooperative and the other is a business. The ideologies are totally out of sync. Unless someone, somewhere makes a brave decision to change then we will have two clubs, netiher of whom will progress beyond Ryman Prem.

offline Steph

Steph
  • First XI - Permanent
Sweeping statements Mr Happy.

Barcelone is also run as a fans owned club and look where they are. However they do have a Catolonian culture which binds them.

I dont know what the future holds. I do know that football never used to be run as a business but as a cultural event. I hope that one day that will return and when it does ETFC will be ready.

offline Maldini66

Maldini66
  • Reserves Coach
Originally Posted By: Enfield10
you on here looking for a job no malds???

Mr Maldini peace co-ordinator!

Ha Ha you kent smile

Just speaking from the experience of playing against Enfield when they were a force in non league football, Sad to see from my point of view that they can't work towards a reunion.

offline Enfield10

Enfield10
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Yeh i agree mate it was always enfield and dagenham the big games!

You know me love a bit of banter haha

offline Steph

Steph
  • First XI - Permanent
Ah Enfield and Dagenham "The big games"

Enfield 5 Dagenham 0 (Wembley 1970)

John Connell walks on water Lalala Lalala

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus