Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ryman 1 North 2007/8 (take 2)

ronin

The Offical Ryman website have put up the list of teams that will be voted in at the AGM next week. From the previous list (which was un-offical) we lose Berkhamstead and Enfield and gain Ilford and Molesey.

Division One North

AFC Sudbury

Arlesey Town

Aveley

Brentwood Town

Bury Town

Canvey Island

Edgware Town

Enfield Town

Great Wakering Rovers

Ilford

Maldon Town

Molesey

Northwood

Potters Bars Town

Redbridge

Tilbury

Waltham Abbey

Waltham Forest

Ware

Wingate & Finchley

Witham Town

Wivenhoe Town

Enfield allegedly have folded. Still to be confirmed though.

Molesey have come over from Division One South and are based in Surrey.

Originally Posted By: YELLOW

If there is an offical statement from Enfield i can`t find it but apparently they are going into the ESL, keeping the same players & budget and will continue to play at Ware.

It`s true

Monday, 18 June 2007

Sittingbourne secretary Mr John Pitts has just sent a text message to www.kentishfootball.co.uk from the Ryman League Annual General Meeting, stating that Dartford have switched to Division One North.

Surrey side Molesey were expected to switch from Ryman League Division One South to North, but it will be the Darts that make the switch instead.

The move will surely make Tony Burman’s side favourites to land the title, as they will not be playing any Kent derbies next season.

http://www.kentishfootball.co.uk/mambo/index.php

Originally Posted By: Mini-Goose93
id rather dartford in our division than moseley
dartford has a lovely ground and good supporters
dare say moseley are the complete opposite

Should be a good atmosphere at our games but i`d rather have a weaker team in our division.

I would think Dartford & AFC Sudbury will be many peoples favourite`s for the title.

That will be a tough game against Dartford but you have to remember they didn't even make the play offs last season.

Originally Posted By: YELLOW

Just to point out that we have moved to the essex senior league which is a drop of one division ,Our playing budget will remain the same as it was last season ,Most of our players have opted to stay with us . An offer in fact several were made to separate Enfield FC from the parent company EFC HOLDINGS owned by our former chairman Tony Lazarou. The receivers put this to the Inland Revenue who again turned the offer down (And it was a substancial offer).The club was operating on License at a cost of 8k per season from the receivers .An offer was made to the Enfield board by the Receivers of EFC HOLDINGS to continue with this arrangement . Our Management committee have grown weary of trying to negociate a satisfactory conclusion and have decided enough was enough .We havent come out that badly on dropping one division by starting again ,It could have been much worse such as level 7 . Good luck with your promotion bid next season .A club of your size shouldn't be around this level for too long.

It is always interesting to hear the South clubs say that their league is harder. Last year in the cups we beat Tooting,Kingstonian and Chatham away and Met Police at home. I thought they all played nice football but our league was much harder.

Good news that a big supported team are joining our league....but they must have a decent budget with that crowd. I thought the league was going to be a straight fight between us and yourselves....but you have to add Dartford into the mix. Most of Maldons team have left.....Waltham Forest and ETFC look possibles.....but I cant see anyone else.......you never know though !!!

Originally Posted By: sudburyroyal
It is always interesting to hear the South clubs say that their league is harder. Last year in the cups we beat Tooting,Kingstonian and Chatham away and Met Police at home. I thought they all played nice football but our league was much harder.
Good news that a big supported team are joining our league....but they must have a decent budget with that crowd. I thought the league was going to be a straight fight between us and yourselves....but you have to add Dartford into the mix. Most of Maldons team have left.....Waltham Forest and ETFC look possibles.....but I cant see anyone else.......you never know though !!!

Quite a few of them certainly believe the North is a weaker division, how they can gauge that i have yet to work out.

Dartford`s changeover has thrown our division up in the air again and i expect it to be a lot tighter this season with no team running clear of the pack. Think it might be a mistake to write Maldon out of the running, with Berquez arriving as player coach they must have plans to push for promotion.