Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

On this day.....

Ian - Thanks, yes that has always confused me, why didn't they call it 11/9 instead of 9/11.

It's Kanu's birthday!!

I just came across this post by the elusive Greg Dyke, I wonder if he was referring to N[****!!****]wo Kanu of Nigeria and Arsenal fame or the Kanu who made the legendary post on here once about Clement Temile.

LOL You'd think 9/11 was a clue. Doh

Hookey – Well that’s just my point, we would say 11/9 wouldn’t we, with 7/7 there was no confusion was there

its confusing because 9/11 you would assume is 9th of november but obviously the USA do things about face,just to be awkward.

Like some of their spellings they have changed just for the sake of it.ie color

Don't get him started on American spelling, he's still trying to grasp English

Ok then,so what words have been changed to suit the americans from the english language

Obviously Color is one of the most recognised! one but what are the others.

Labor, Harbor, Favor, Flavor, Honor.....

Edited by Hookey

There there.

Loosely - Instead of making childish remarks what were you doing ten years ago tomorrow out of interest, around 2.00pm, when the planes hit their targets in New York and Washington

There there.

Loosely - Instead of making childish remarks what were you doing ten years ago tomorrow out of interest, around 2.00pm, when the planes hit their targets in New York and Washington

I was in Cisco's HQ near Heathrow and watched it unfold on a huge 6ft x 8ft screen.

Cisco being a US company, I was surrounded by loads of Americans who were dumbstruck. When the 2nd plane struck live on TV, you should have heard the screams. I still hear them.

Edited by Hookey

There there.

I was sympathising with Rent Boy Cliffy - who made you Forum Milk Monitor?

Can't tell you what I was doing. What were you doing Cliffy? Defending the realm from the front line of your stationery cupboard?

Got a phone call at work, and in my office we all switched our computers over to the live BBC News.

I finished work early, and met the wife in Dorking town, and went for a drink in our local. They have two TV's on in the bar, usually CNN or SKY news during the day.

We were there when the towers came down.

I have NEVER heard that pub so quiet !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Can't tell you what I was doing. What were you doing Cliffy? Defending the realm from the front line of your stationery cupboard?

Loosely - What a silly reply, why can't you just disclose where you were and what you were doing around 2.00pm on 11 September 2001 as Eastside Urchin, Big JR and Hookey have done