Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Important AGM Tuesday

Looking at the topics to be discussed and the preferences sheet,the meeting looks like being an important crossroads for ETFC.At least in the fact of gaining a consensus for the way and direction forward in the next few years.

For me,gaining and establishing our own ground in the borough should be the No1 priority.Sharing bar profits is step foward on what we have at present,but if agreeing to that hinders our chances of our own ground,we must proceed with caution.

Its a difficult situation.Gamble and hold out with the council on the hope of gaining what we truely want.Or play safe and get half of what we want?

And will signing up for half,hinder us getting all,in the long-term.Sorry for talking in riddles,but i don't want to broadcast to much info on a open forum.

Probably won't be able to make it myself on Tuesday as i live too far away,so i would be grateful if someone could PM me with want went on and what dicisions were made.

Well I'd love to be there too, but I really don't think I can spare the time or the money for a round trip from Yorkshire. Although I will therefore be denied the opportunity to vote, as a fully paid-up member (since formation) I think I, and any other member who cannot attend the meeting, are entitled (probably legally entitled) to be informed of the proceedings.

I cannot se why minutes of formal meetings, especially AGMs, are distributed to members. Again I would think that this a requirement under company law.

Originally Posted By: The Invisible Man
Well I'd love to be there too, but I really don't think I can spare the time or the money for a round trip from Yorkshire. Although I will therefore be denied the opportunity to vote, as a fully paid-up member (since formation) I think I, and any other member who cannot attend the meeting, are entitled (probably legally entitled) to be informed of the proceedings.

I cannot se why minutes of formal meetings, especially AGMs, are distributed to members. Again I would think that this a requirement under company law.

Yorkshire is too far. However, those fans who regularly come to games on Saturdays and Sundays have no excuse if they are not happy with decisions reached in their absence. Agree re minutes of meetings. They should be made accessible to all members.

Originally Posted By: The Invisible Man
Originally Posted By: andyetfc
People can vote by proxy.

Can I proxy you to vote for me then Andy? I'm pretty sure we share views on most issues.

Has to be in writing to the club rather than on this unofficial forum.

Why not send them an e-mail?

Regards

I don't think there is any reason why the model rules for a community club cannot be put on the club's homepage. Members will then have access to an important document. I know of at least one other club who has posted their rules and they are very similar to ours.

Its OK sending in your preferences,but the meeting is specifically designed for various parties (including the board and chairman) to put their views across to the fans,as to what they believe the best way to progress is.Unless i heard the 'for and against' for all options,i wouldn't feel comfortable voting 'blind'.The time to vote is after hearing all sides and all arguements.That can only happen if you attend the meeting.