Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ryman IPTV

ronin

I`ve read on a few forums that one of the subjects talked about at yesterdays AGM was selected Ryman games to be shown live on the internet, apparently the plan is to show 2 games a month plus a highlights show.

I guess it will be like Conference TV were you need broadband to watch the games but i doubt there will be a charge to watch. Safe bet that they will concentrate on the Premier clubs but we should get a look in at some stage and the highlights show would be worth watching.

I believe the Unibond League already do the same thing.

Hope it does happen but I fear it will probably die a death because of lack of interest.

There's quite a few well supported teams playing in the Ryman leagues at the moment so hopefully it will be a success.

it may work, I was getting about 800 people watch the highlights of us we were putting online. the trouble is that as grounds dont have to film the games and im assuning they wont send camera people to the clubs that dont (if they do someone can take my spot, so i can actually watch the game)

i have some exciting plans for next season. i will have my new computer so reliability will be better and with learnign from some mistakes of this season a better service will be avalable. my only worry at the moment is how many games i will be able to get to as i have a new job (so if anyone fancies volenteering to do some filming let me know)

you should hear some of the footage that doesnt make it onto the highlights, the dvd that John Batch gets has all sorts of comments, abuse towards officials, cheering, moaning, radio comunications, fans taking the pi$$, players taking the pi$$, other stewards taking the pi$$ and the odd ocasional phone conversation (well my half of it).

i never said i was a profesional

Originally Posted By: ken
you should hear some of the footage that doesnt make it onto the highlights, the dvd that John Batch gets has all sorts of comments, abuse towards officials, cheering, moaning, fans taking the pi$$,

Ahem, yes. grin wink

• 2 weeks later...

There`s a bit more about the proposed service here

- So live matches, care to elaborate?

At present it is aimed to show at least 2 games a month from the entire Ryman League. These games will be broadcast via broadband (in reality it is more than likely to be more than 2 games per month)

- OK live games, will this have any effect on KO times?

No fixture will be moved from its' original kick off time. Invision TV (the company behind the scheme) has identified that there is no live football on TV on Saturday at 3pm and that there is a market "space" at this time.

- So what is the cost?

Only the live games will be pay per view. They will cost £3-95. So, if a Hastings fan wants to see his game but he lives in Carlisle, he can watch it. It is also proposed to show all live fixtures in pubs and clubs within the Ryman region. This will drive income up. A pilot scheme in the Unibond last season was very successful in this respect. As mentioned earlier Invision TV believe there is a market for 3pm Saturday kick offs, so a sports bar in Hastings could in theory show a live Hastings game alongside the early/late premiership kick offs.

- How will these PPV games be filmed?

Invision TV will supply camera crew, technicians and match commentators for each game broadcast.

- Will there be any other programming?

There will be a Ryman Match of the Week show, 48 hours after games have been played. This will have professionally edited highlights of as many games as possible. There will also be a fans' films section on the site for those who get their own footage of their own club's games.

- Cost?

The highlight show will be entirely free to view but viewers will first have to register (for free) with the host site.

- So what if a club doesn’t want to get involved?

There is an opt out scenario for clubs but by doing so, they will not have any rights to publish or broadcast footage of Ryman League fixtures. By opting out, they will also negate whatsoever, any income generated from this scheme. The Image and broadcast rights of the Ryman league will belong to both the Ryman League and Invision TV. Individual clubs will be in breach of copyright if they infringe this rule.

- Going back to money, how would it be split?

With regards to live games, each participating club will receive £1 for every subscription received. In general monies generated by this project will be shared equally amongst the 66 member clubs (whether featured or not) so long as they opt in. There is significant sponsorship and advertising income from this scheme which will generate up to £75000 (total) in the first season.

- How will this be hosted?

The IPTV website will be linked through a revamped Ryman League website and all bandwidth issues will be the responsibility of Invision TV. Each club will be required to provide a prominent website link from their own sites to promote the venture.

For me the only part of interest is the highlights package, i really don`t think ppv Ryman games will take off, can you really see our local pubs showing a Ryman game instead of Soccer Saturday bigshock there would be riots argue