Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 20-October 17 )

• Photo
    HelenC

• Photo
    chelseaboy

Photo

No FA cup run this year. Ely City

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
28 replies to this topic

offline Steph

Steph
  • First XI - Permanent
From the FA web site. 731 clubs accepted as entries for the FA cup.

Ely City

Enfield - removed

Enfield Town

Epsom & Ewell

Better enrol for the Cherry Red books trophy. A very worthwhile competition.

online lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Seriously.Its a cup competition for teams not eligable for the FA Vase.Only intermediate teams in it,but Town entered in their first season and won the competition in front of over 600 fans.(at Ware Fc).

offline Football Man

Football Man
If I was at EFC, I would seriously consider an appeal on the basis that Barking were allowed to compete last season in exactly the same circumstances.

offline Boro'man

Boro'man
  • At the Turnstiles
Sorry to pop in here, first post in fact but I may have the answer, is it not because Enfield FC folded and Enfield (18xx) is a competely new club (despite the name) like Enfield Town and FC United were, and so can't join in the FA competitions for a season. I don't know Barking's situation last year, they may still lay claim to being the same club, same history etc which may have made the difference.

Or I might be wrong, often am.

offline The Devious Badger

The Devious Badger
  • Onlooker
Hmm, interesting. AFC Hornchurch were allowed to compete in the FA Cup in their first season as well (despite also being a new club). I would have thought the same rule would apply for Enfield and they would be allowed in.

A strange one, this.

online lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Maybe its a name thing.Were Barking allowed to keep their original name when Liquidated.If so, the FA may regard them as a continuing club,whereas any team registering under a new name may have to wait for acceptance into FA competitions.

offline The Devious Badger

The Devious Badger
  • Onlooker
IIRC when they liquidated Barking were called Barking and East Ham United (which they had changed from plain old Barking FC a few years previously upon the demise of East Ham United FC)

offline The Invisible Man

The Invisible Man
Hornchurch FC demised, AFC Hornchurch is a new and separate club, I believe.

offline Stone Cold

Stone Cold
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
  • Supports: ENFIELD TOWN
  • Foes: BARNET, WEALDSTONE, ENFIELD 90210
  • Twitter
So do Barking and Afc Hornchurch still have all its old history from previous club or is it a case of founded 2006 and fresh history from then?

If this is not the case then surley they are still the same club just added a few letters or taken away a name to carry on with its previous era.

Are Enfield staying with the name Enfield or for the sake of fa competitions can you not add AFC or Enfield 07.

online lovely stuff

lovely stuff
The club is now officialy called 'Enfield 1893 fc'. (as opposed to 'Enfield fc' with a tiny 1893 printed underneath-ala the website)

The name and franachise of Enfield fc is no longer theirs to use.It doesn't belong to them anymore.I understand their chairman tried hard to retain the name but it wasn't possible.

Obviously in the past,the process of teams going into liquidation and changing their name,has not stopped other teams from being entered into FA competitions.Have the FA rules changed or is there some other reason for the refusal,or maybe Enfield 1893 did not chose to enter.If thats the case,it raises sereral interesting questions and senarios.

Alternatively,maybe the FA see Efc1983 as a new club,whereas they regarding Barking and AFC hornchurch as the same entity.If so,why is that?

offline Steph

Steph
  • First XI - Permanent
The rules are quite clear

ELIGIBLE CLUBS
Participation in the Competition shall be open to:
all Clubs taking part in a senior League or Competition sanctioned by The Association or an affiliated Association as determined by The Association from time to time.

ii) Clubs affiliated to The Football Association of Wales participating in The FA Premier League, The Football League or The FA Challenge Trophy Competition. Club not participating in The FA Premier League or The Football League Competitions
must have competed in either The FA Challenge Trophy or the FA Challenge Vase Competitions in the previous season, and must be accepted into a League for the current season which is considered to be acceptable for entry into the Challenge Cup Competition.

And this would also cause Enfield (1684) problems

6. ENTRY DATE
(a) A Club wishing to participate in the Competition shall complete and return an entry form together with the prescribed entrance fee to be received at The Association on or before 1
April in the season previous to the season in which such Club proposes to compete in the Competition. A Club that is either a Full or Associate Member of The Association who fail to pay The Association’s Membership subscriptions by 1 August may be subject to removal from the Competition.

offline cantos

cantos
  • Long Service Award
Originally Posted By: Boro'man
Sorry to pop in here, first post in fact but I may have the answer, is it not because Enfield FC folded and Enfield (18xx) is a competely new club (despite the name) like Enfield Town and FC United were, and so can't join in the FA competitions for a season. I don't know Barking's situation last year, they may still lay claim to being the same club, same history etc which may have made the difference.

Or I might be wrong, often am.

AFC Hornchurch and AFC Telford were formed before the April deadline for applying for entry into the next seasons FA Cup.
The New Enfield and AFC Wimbledon were formed after the entry date so miss a year.

offline Gazza

Gazza
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
That seems to be the most probable reason yet Cantos well done cocker.

offline coupwotcoup

coupwotcoup
  • Long Service Award
  • Supports: Romford
  • Foes: The Chins...
Actually, new clubs miss two FA Cup seasons and one Vase..

offline Man From Mars

Man From Mars
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
  • Supports: The E's
  • Foes: The Cliquey Clan
  • Fav. Player(s): Anyone who scores against the cliquey Townies
Originally Posted By: Steph
From the FA web site. 731 clubs accepted as entries for the FA cup.

Ely City

Enfield - removed

Enfield Town

Epsom & Ewell

Better enrol for the Cherry Red books trophy. A very worthwhile competition.
Ere Steph whats the snide digs for eh mate ,I remember when you cliqueys won that cup and I do believe it was a Glorious monumental & Wonderous achievement ,Strange how its now devalued and beneath you now eh mate.

offline Bad_Egg

Bad_Egg

never mind im kevin the fa cup aint all that its not like their gonna win it or anyfink more likely theyll go out early doors like at ryeslip manor

bring on the roy bailey weed p155 that

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
Originally Posted By: Bad_Egg

never mind im kevin the fa cup aint all that its not like their gonna win it or anyfink more likely theyll go out early doors like at ryeslip manor

bring on the roy bailey weed p155 that

Don't remind us of that game. Probably the worst ever Town performance!

offline Man From Mars

Man From Mars
you should have seen ours at southall a couple of years back mr happy that was the pitts.

offline Bad_Egg

Bad_Egg

raunds wernt much cop either

offline Man From Mars

Man From Mars
But at least it was a nice place to go to ,and a first for us all .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus