Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Redbridge Sack Manager

ronin

Redbridge have sacked their manager Alan Fenn

"Last night I was sacked as first team manager of Redbridge FC.

Alot of planning, time and effort had gone in by me and my staff. New players had committed themselves to the club, some existing players had been persuaded to stay and some had been let go however; four days before pre season was due to commence, I was hit with last nights bombshell !

I am angry and upset, mainly because of the timing and now I face missing my first pre season in 18 years. If things were not right, then I believe I should have been told in May, not four days before we were due to meet back.

When I first accepted the job at Redbridge, it was to re-stabalise the club after alot of off pitch turmoil and make people proud to play for Redbridge again. That I acheived and although results could have been better, I firmly believed I was the man for the job. With the infrastructure at the club solid and the playing staff strengthened, next season was one of great optimism. Unfortunately, I will not get that chance.

I will re-appear again, when, who know's but I am a good honest and determined fella and after removing those many daggers in my back, I won't be down for too long.

Thanks for the support, effort and good luck messages.

Signing off

Fenny "

http://www.nonleague.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1156703#Post1156703

Wonder whether he'll continue playing.

Holdsworth would have been a good player to have. He strikes me as a decent pro who is still playing for the love of the game and not the money.

Originally Posted By: ronin
Redbridge have sacked their manager Alan Fenn

"Last night I was sacked as first team manager of Redbridge FC.

Alot of planning, time and effort had gone in by me and my staff. New players had committed themselves to the club, some existing players had been persuaded to stay and some had been let go however; four days before pre season was due to commence, I was hit with last nights bombshell !

I am angry and upset, mainly because of the timing and now I face missing my first pre season in 18 years. If things were not right, then I believe I should have been told in May, not four days before we were due to meet back.

When I first accepted the job at Redbridge, it was to re-stabalise the club after alot of off pitch turmoil and make people proud to play for Redbridge again. That I acheived and although results could have been better, I firmly believed I was the man for the job. With the infrastructure at the club solid and the playing staff strengthened, next season was one of great optimism. Unfortunately, I will not get that chance.

I will re-appear again, when, who know's but I am a good honest and determined fella and after removing those many daggers in my back, I won't be down for too long.

Thanks for the support, effort and good luck messages.

Signing off

Fenny "

http://www.nonleague.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1156703#Post1156703

feny put that himself on the forum...here is the clubs version.... grin

It is with great sadness and regret that I inform you that I have been relieved of my duties as manager of Redbridge FC. After receiving a phone call from the Chairman last night, Mr Chapman made a decision to make some changes to the management team and unfortunately, I was one of them.

With three days to go to the start of pre-season I am saddened that I will not have the opportunity to move this club forward next season and although I will not be manager, I hope the club give opportunities to my staff who have worked tirelessly behind the scenes over the last few months to ensure Redbridge are competitive next season.

Thank you to everyone for their support and although I realise that some people will be pleased that I am no longer around, I will miss you all and wish Redbridge FC every success in the future.