Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Now we are Six

Best memories - too many already!

Yes, the League Cup win. Or Johhny Ridout's screamer at Southend. The 7-0 at Ilford and collecting the trophy. Any one of many Danny Clarke goals. The equalizer in the 2-2 with the former EFC, and the pen save.... not so happy about the disallowed goal though! 5 goals at Sawbo. The ball getting stuck in a puddle at Hullbridge. The win at Harrow.

The very first games, the friendlies v Brimmo, Tilbury, Northwood and the first league game at Basildon, when it sank in that this is really going to work.

Bread pudding.....

Winning away at Burnham with Deano netting that close range volley and effectively sealing the league title.

Brotherton heading the equaliser in the Leyton final 5 minutes into injury time and then winning the penalty shoot-out.

The penalty shoot-out win against Wealdstone in Middlesex cup final.

1)deanos preseason screamer last season.

2) my first game (wish i could remember who that was against, but was about oct in the first season)

3) us making friends in the league cup tie at hampton this season

4) the game that was rained off at half time. i've never been wetter.

5) mattys championshiop winner

Well the Kevin Riley 35yard miss hit bobbler that the keeper then dived over in a Vase or Trophy game I believe lives well in the memory, as when it hit the back of the net everyone then dived on me!!

Obviously Stevie V's 35 yard screamer, as just before he struck it I was standing with Andy & said "Go on Steve hit one son, hit one from there" he did & the rest is history!

Being ripped off by Arky every home game for six years is also fairly memorable, I mean what else does a man want when he has an ETFC torch, pen, pencil, eraser, bracelet (oh yes everyone in my office got one of those, they were a £1 each but I got a deal of 5 for £5) shirts, polo shirts, rugby shirts, jackets oh the list is endless but all I ever want is two 50/50 tickets!!

Bryan Hammetts crossbar challenge attempt in the Andy Jones video is very memorable, as Rock Steady literally fell off my sofa choking with laughter (Its a behind the goal gag....one im sure shared with many others when viewing it!)

Dave Allen's solo dribbling goal all the way from right back in that 4-4 with Barkingside when everyone seemed to be getting sent off.

Rock Steady ripping down the segregation tape at Leyton then when confronted by the rent-a-mob moron asking him where he thought he was going he stated that unless he would like him to pi$$ on his very shiney ox blood 12 hole DM's he should move to one side!

No Happy got it right, Bradley Brotherton's equaliser in the league cup final matched only by the penalty shoot out, to a man Im sure everyone behind the goal knew deep down that Chopper was going to do the buisness, my mate the Stevenage supporter came to that game & was hyper-ventalating after the penalty shoot out, we had to pour two cans of sprite down his throat in the car park then put his head in a paper bag!

Other than that every game produces a great memory either on or off the pitch, well except for Aveley!!

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
How about Billy in goal down at Basildon or our mad man on the mike wanting to disallow a goal against London APSA when he went on as a substitute linesman? BTW, the other substitute linesman was brilliant!!!

yes, she was!!! biglaugh

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Well the Kevin Riley 35yard miss hit bobbler that the keeper then dived over in a Vase or Trophy game I believe lives well in the memory, as when it hit the back of the net everyone then dived on me!!

Obviously Stevie V's 35 yard screamer, as just before he struck it I was standing with Andy & said "Go on Steve hit one son, hit one from there" he did & the rest is history!

Being ripped off by Arky every home game for six years is also fairly memorable, I mean what else does a man want when he has an ETFC torch, pen, pencil, eraser, bracelet (oh yes everyone in my office got one of those, they were a £1 each but I got a deal of 5 for £5) shirts, polo shirts, rugby shirts, jackets oh the list is endless but all I ever want is two 50/50 tickets!!

Bryan Hammetts crossbar challenge attempt in the Andy Jones video is very memorable, as Rock Steady literally fell off my sofa choking with laughter (Its a behind the goal gag....one im sure shared with many others when viewing it!)

Dave Allen's solo dribbling goal all the way from right back in that 4-4 with Barkingside when everyone seemed to be getting sent off.

Rock Steady ripping down the segregation tape at Leyton then when confronted by the rent-a-mob moron asking him where he thought he was going he stated that unless he would like him to pi$$ on his very shiney ox blood 12 hole DM's he should move to one side!

No Happy got it right, Bradley Brotherton's equaliser in the league cup final matched only by the penalty shoot out, to a man Im sure everyone behind the goal knew deep down that Chopper was going to do the buisness, my mate the Stevenage supporter came to that game & was hyper-ventalating after the penalty shoot out, we had to pour two cans of sprite down his throat in the car park then put his head in a paper bag!

Other than that every game produces a great memory either on or off the pitch, well except for Aveley!!

Cheers Gazza, now I know what you haven't bought yet, I can put it all to one side for you.