Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

And I thought Doctores...............

Some years back I was instructed to rescue a PFI contract in an outer London NHS hospital.

There were the usual problems of non-medical staff such as porters etc who were out of control due to bad management and a general lack of direction for technical Engineers etc.

The worst situation and happily not part of my remit was the ineffectiveness of the administration management and their arrogance towards medical and all other staff.

It is this very group that has been a growth business in the past ten years, they now appear to have the single task of making “target” figures look as if the Government reforms are succeeding (as if!!)

Engineers should manage Engineers, maintenance staff manages maintenance staff and most importantly nurses and Doctors must have an extended career path where they grow into executive management of health care.

How can we charge an escapee from the London School of Economics? With being executive management of NHS centres of health?

Train medical staff in to senior management roles.

Originally Posted By: Simon BTFC
I don't think you should confuse the utter mess the government made of the reforms of the training of junior doctors with the "coming over here and taking our jobs" argument... There are something like 90,000 overseas trained doctors in the UK, kick them all out and you'd have a shortfall of 78000. I know that's a crude sum, but it brings me on to my main rant...

Actually, that is not the point I was making - I have no problem with overseas medical staff or plumbers for that matter, it is just the economic nonsense of training people here and having no jobs for them at the end, whilst continuing recruiting overseas. It is just a matter of balance - find jobs for the ones we train and then go recruit the rest we need, otherwise we are just spending shedloads of money in training and then chucking it, jobs and people's careers down the drain.

Sounds like here, except the money goes back to Mexico or El Salvador. While they are here working tax free, most of them are also getting government benefits. Basically, what you see is someone driving to the shop in a car most of us will never be able to afford, wearing Tommy or other clothes most of us can't afford, then paying for their food with food stamps that those of us who have to pay taxes are funding. Then there are citizens who desperately need the help of food stamps or other benefits and can't get them for one trumped up reason or another.

I was happy when the bill they were trying to make into law to legalize millions of illegals (free to the illegals) was shot down. We paid our thousands for hubby to be here legally, Fleety paid his thousands, and both are from America's biggest allied nation.

Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
what i object to is people coming into the country,living ten up in a squat,working for pittance and therefore pushing english workers out of business and then sending the wages back home to their families in poland or wherever they send them.

I agree, they shouldnt be working for a pittance, they should get far more.

A bigger problem, with more money lost to the country, is the money sent to off shore tax havens, by the super rich and the top companies.....that amount dwarfs the amount sent to Poland for example.

Erect the Fences !!!!

So where do you draw the line ?

no Americans, no Irish, no Europeans, no Asians, no Africans...just plain old brits from now on.

What if Spain had the same policy...or Australia ?

There'd be no more ex-pats, retiring to the sun.

Britain is not full. The new communities who settle here are simply filling a need, doing the jobs that are not considered worty of the current population.

Britain was built on immigration, and will always be a land of opporunity for those seeking a better life.

Unfortunatley there is a viscious circle. It is not simply the case that European workers are noble and kind enough to volunteer to do certain jobs for us, out of the kindness of their hearts. The only reason wages are low in some jobs is that someone is willing to work for those wages. These low wages are however high by Eastern European standards whose workers are thus happy to work for them, thus keeping them low and conditions poor.

At the same time we have one of the most generous and frankly gullible social security systems there is. There is little incentive for a large number of unemployed to return to work at the minumum wage if they can get more on benefits.

good,don't think we should all be moving off to spain.Its their country and i bet at times they wish the brits weren't there.

Problem is in this country so many people want to get in the government don't know who or how many people are in there.Tell me thats healthy for britain??

Britain has 80 plus million living here.

It is full,we don't want any more towns being built.I like the countryside as it is.

France is a bigger country than us as are many in europe.

Spain in bigger,germany is bigger but that is full.

What about norway,sweden,finland,shall we send them all there and then build massive towns in some of the most beautiful scenery in the world.Or maybe just stick them all in towns like margate with no command of the english language,no jobs,no money like we do at the moment!