Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Town Gone!

ronin

Another bad day for football frown Yet another club gone leaving us a club short in Ryman North.

This morning I have been made aware that Edgware Town Football Club will no longer be able to carry on and with immeditate affect have withdrawn from the league.

I am complety devestated and dumstuck and I feel quite frankly sick. The club had just enjoyed its best season ever in the 68 year history and were ready to take their place at the next level of the non league pyrmid.

I dont know what to say right now, other then the last ever match at the White Lion Ground will be played on Saturday 21st July, and EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE should come to this game, Gavin Shaw Edgware Town FC Match Secretary

This is a statement I received from club secretary Paul Gregory

"OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM EDGWARE TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB

It is with regret that I must inform you that we find our present position as a football club untenable.

With the recent purchase of the ground by Barratt Homes and the grant of planning permission by Harrow Council our main sponsor and benefactor has decided to withdraw their support with immediate effect, putting our lease of the White Lion ground in jeopardy.

We must vacate the ground by the end of the year (December 2007) and with no alternative ground or ground sharing agreement available we will be unable to compete in the league and Cup competitions this season.

This is devastating news after the success’s of last season and all the work that has been done at the club to obtain an E grading for the ground. It will be a traumatic blow to the players, supporters and officials of the club who were looking forward to the new season."

Paul Gregory

Secretary

Edgware Town Football Club

http://forums.footballwebpages.co.uk/forum.jsp?id=18&thread=2517

Assuming Edgware are not replaced all clubs are going to miss out on 1 home gate but i wonder which unlucky clubs will have no game on the opening Saturday, final Saturday, Easter, Christmas, New Years Day.

For the larger supported clubs there`s a chance they could miss out on a lot of gate money.

Let`s hope the fixtures are kind.

Sounds very similar to how Brentwood went to the wall some years back when a developer was voted on to the board and managed to sell the ground out from under the club

Where once there was a non league ground there are now houses.

Originally Posted By: ronin
Assuming Edgware are not replaced all clubs are going to miss out on 1 home gate but i wonder which unlucky clubs will have no game on the opening Saturday, final Saturday, Easter, Christmas, New Years Day.

For the larger supported clubs there`s a chance they could miss out on a lot of gate money.

Let`s hope the fixtures are kind.

I don't like the sound of that. Hopefully we'll miss out on a Tuesday night game. A Saturday without football is unthinkable and fills me with dread!! frown

Reckon we'll be alright for Xmas and Easter as you normally play teams in your local area. It's likely to be the likes of Northwood, possibly Wingate & Finchley who will probably lose out by Edgware's demise.

Maybe Flackwell Heath we'll be reinstalled into the league.

Shame to hear of Edgware's demise. Hope they can sort something out.

I know, sorry mate. People saying "go and watch another team" don't help as well.

You can't just transfer your allegiance to another team just like that.

Really feel for you fella.

6 Jul 2007

EDGWARE TOWN FC

The Club have started to put a rescue package together, and expect to confirm they have secured their financial security.

They have use of their ground until the end of 2007, and are exploring its possible continued use after that to the end of the season, together with alternative arrangements to allow them to play the season through elsewhere.

The Club have requested a little more time in these respects, and have promised to keep the League aware of on-going developments.

http://www.isthmian.co.uk/

That's good news. Hopefully they'll get something sorted regarding the ground.

Let's hope so!!

Guest MOB Jnr
Originally Posted By: Paula
Originally Posted By: YELLOW
Let's hope so!!

You won't be saying that Yellow if he's standing next to you with his bloody airhorn wink

Hi Gav

I heard he likes getting his hands on a bit of horn!!!!

Otherwise he would fall of the sheep.

Originally Posted By: MOB Jnr
Originally Posted By: Paula
Originally Posted By: YELLOW
Let's hope so!!

You won't be saying that Yellow if he's standing next to you with his bloody airhorn wink

Hi Gav

I heard he likes getting his hands on a bit of horn!!!!

Otherwise he would fall of the sheep.

Boom boom!!!! grin