Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware GONE.....

Another Football Club goes under.

Announcement today from Edgware today -

They have had to close down due to their ground being sold for residential development and they cannot maintain sponsors or ground past December 2007.

Oh how we at Town ( and other Clubs ) know all about this.

So, another bad day for non League football.

I wonder what the League will do to replace Edgware, if indeed they can do anything so late.

ESL Club, application looming ?

Gav, apart from the fact that you weren't due to have a home friendly on that day according to your web site, I can't see there being a game on the 21st. All the Edgware players will now be finding themselves other clubs and will probably be playing or trialling for other clubs on 21st. Sadly, you will now struggle to field a side that day and, if you can't field a strong side, nobody will want to play you. I think the last game may have already been played.

Originally Posted By: Football Man
Gav, apart from the fact that you weren't due to have a home friendly on that day according to your web site, I can't see there being a game on the 21st. All the Edgware players will now be finding themselves other clubs and will probably be playing or trialling for other clubs on 21st. Sadly, you will now struggle to field a side that day and, if you can't field a strong side, nobody will want to play you. I think the last game may have already been played.

Maybe..maybe not...whatever we intend to meet on that day and we have a game on the 14th away planned.

From the Ryman League web site.

Latest News

5 Jul 2007

EDGWARE TOWN FC

Edgware Town Football Club are looking at, over the next few days, mounting a rescue package following notice of sale of their ground at the end of the year.

The League have confirmed that they will be allowed time to work on this over the next days.

Thank you Enfield Town fans, this is todays pres release

A press release on the Ryman League site today offers encouraging news regarding the future of the club and chances of football this season

Press Release

EDGWARE TOWN FC

The Club have started to put a rescue package together, and expect to confirm they have secured their financial security. They have use of their ground until the end of 2007, and are exploring its possible continued use after that to the end of the season, together with alternative arrangements to allow them to play the season through elsewhere. The Club have requested a little more time in these respects, and have promised to keep the League aware of on-going developments

Good Luck with the rescue.

What a pleasant and refreshing surprise that the FA and/or League are, for once, being supportive of one of their member clubs in its hour of need, and reasonable about giving time to sort something out.

We get so used to the badge and blazer mandarins and jobsworths chucking their weight about - unless of course it concerns a high profile professional club.

Good luck Edgware.

You changed your name yet again ? Let me recollect ...

Robert E Lee

Softie

Rymanreason

Donkey Jacket

Donkey Hot Tea ?

Why not try "nobhead" next time ,you funny git.