Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

selective racism.....

can someone please enlighten me as to how this racism thingy works.....

the mere mention of the words

sooty...nigger...spick...wog...wops...paki...chinks... etc invoke outrage and yet myself and my family are constantly having to read the word pikie on every forum going every hour every day...do we irish peoples not have our rights under the race relations act....why are we denied the protection that other ethnic minorities are afforded....can someone explain it to me please...

my youngest came home in tears today after being subjected to this racist attack and yet it is common place and wholly ignored...it is all very distressing....

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
can somerone please enlighten me as to how this racism thingy works.....

the mere mention of the words

sooty...n****r...spick...wog...wops...paki...chinks... etc invoke outrage and yet myself and my family are constantly having to read the word pikie on every forum going every hour every day...do we irish peoples not have our rights under the race relations act....why are we denied the protection that other ethnic minorities are afforded....can someone explain it to me please...

it is all very distressing....

I prefered Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Titch!! grin

irish_embassy_london_uk.gif

Everyone has racism in them, either sub-conciously or overtly.

It's about how you deal with the problem thats important.

The terms sooty...nigger...spick...wog...wops...paki...chinks and pikey are clearly offensive to one group of society....but its all in the context.

For example, I have just used all of them, but hopefully did not offend anyone, as the context was clear.

hope uou feel better now Unc duck

There is a difference in

calling someone a stupid pikey coconut (word altered)

and

referring to the pikies in general....isnt there ?

Originally Posted By: Greg_Dyke

There is a difference in
calling someone a stupid pikey coconut (word altered)
and
referring to the pikies in general....isnt there ?

is there..?

so it's alright to generalise and call all black people niggers in general is it but not call someone a stupid black coconut?

You forgot snowdrop and snowflake !

Remember 'Love thy Neighbour' ?

I'm only waiting for 'Er Indoors to get ready, then off for a Stella or three !

Originally Posted By: The Invisible Man
Uncle, you are not denied protection. If you care to make to complaint this would indeed be invetsigated as a racially motivated offence.

yes I know that Vis and thank you...but it doesn't answer my original question....why is the word pikie deemed acceptable in english PC terms but the other words I mentioned in my original posts are not...

is racism just related to colour in this country....?

This is clearly not a black and white issue...it has many grey areas..

the term pikey can be just as offensive as the term nigger

as i said before, i think it depends on the context

I was watching cabin fever last night...the "n" word was used a few times, and it was funny...in another circumstance, it might not be so funny...for example, on Saturday night, I was talking to a mate smoking outside my local, and I joked, he would be smoking on the other side of the road soon..

He replied, that if he tried to cross the road, he would be run over by a nig-nog driver....to me, that was racist, and showed him up as an idiot !

Not funny.

racism is not a black and white issue....unfortunately in this country it has become one with blatant non black racism ignored by the pinko PC luvvies who need an audience...

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

racism is not a black and white issue....unfortunately in this country it has become one with blatant non black racism ignored by the pinko PC luvvies who need an audience...

plenty of black/asian, and asian/asian racism in west london

lack of pinko luvvies though, there should be some sort of protection for them, as they seem to be an endangered species