Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

todays new white paper...

going through parliament in november on the nod from downing street under the scottish temperance society ethic as laid down by chubby...

it will be an offence from the 1st of january 2008 for persons under the age of 21 to be permitted to partake of, be served, or be in possession of alcohol....

Too true Dykey.

Personally, I think they should make it 31 !

bolt

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
going through parliament in november on the nod from downing street under the scottish temperance society ethic as laid down by chubby...

it will be an offence from the 1st of january 2008 for persons under the age of 21 to be permitted to partake of, be served, or be in possession of alcohol....

That reallly buggers up the drinking culture at most unis. The students will be revolting!!! grin

I'd say there are far more young people between 18 and 21 who visit pubs and are not p1ssed up chavs than those that are. You simply don't notice them, by definition.

If someone (whether over 21 or not) is committing an offence (whether drunk or not) why not arrest them and charge them with that offence? Oh no, of ocurse, that would require the police to do some policing. Can't have that can we, it would drag them away from their paperwork and out of their cars.

There were 10 of us sitting outside our local club on the estate where we live last night, puffing away coz Chubby Brown doesn't want us to smoke in a social club.

FOUR TIMES a police car drove past, with TWO police officers in it, obviously checking up on the new 'law'.

On the fourth occasion, I held up my cigarette to prove I was in the right place. The car stopped and I was asked by P.C. Plod to ensure that the door into the bar was kept firmly shut, so my smoke wouldn't accidently drift into the club. There were only three people in the club and one of those was the duty bar-person.

I shut the door and made some remark about how that I thought two police officers and one expensive police car could well better be utilised to serve and protect against robbers, rapists, housebreakers, pedos and general ner-do-wells.

I wonder why that didn't fo down too well ?

Nice one, AB. I've only got 4 years and 11 months to go !