Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Membership Consultation

Will we get to hear the result of the ETFC Membership Consultation? Supporters were asked to tick in order of preference the priorities the supporters wanted the club to concentrate on over the coming 12 months.

I'm sure most people confirmed their priority was to gain promotion to Ryman Premier but I wonder what other results the survey revealed.

Lets wait for an offical response by 1893.But if it is a NO.Then i will never again support any merger or closer ties with any other Enfield club.It will be a total and clean break,as i understand our board have taken the decision to never again enter into discussions in the future if this latest offer of talks is turned down.

Did anyone ever think the answer would be anything other than NO?

What is there to gain, for either club other than a united front to get a "proper" stadium in the borough.

I am all in favour of a merger & to have one "proper" team playing in Enfield, however I cant see that happening in the near future so yes lets shelf the idea & move on.

Thats a good point.Was the offer made to Mr Whittington when the club was EFC or E1893FC.I thought the offer was made after the liquidation,but i could be wrong.

Either way, i am happy that my club made two formal approaches at reconsiliation.If nothing comes of it (as looks higly likely), i can sleep well at night knowing we have acted correctly and always in the best interests of football in Enfield.

At present,not much,but if 1983 are playing at the same level as us in a few years time and playing in Enfield,then that situation would have a negative effect on us as a club,as would the fight for sponsership,coverage in local papers..etc.

Ps..If tenative merger talks started now,there would be a good chance 1983 would be in the Ryman North by the time any talks were finalised.

Originally Posted By: Stone Cold
Originally Posted By: andyetfc
Why merge with a newly formed club that plays in the Essex Senior League and in Hertfordshire? What would the benefit be?

Another trip to Hullbridge excited

Lovely people - In the immortal words of Del Boy "You could do a lot worse than that!"