Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 24-October 17 )

• Photo
    Robbo

• Photo
    judgedread

• Photo
    chas_hfc

• Photo
    lol

• Photo
    Hackett

Photo

Goldsdown Road - Home of Brimsdown Rovers FC!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
62 replies to this topic

offline Duke of York

Duke of York
  • Reserves Coach
Enfield Town FC and Brimsdown Rovers need to reach an agreement about the signage at Goldsdown Road. I popped down there this afternoon to support the 'Goldsdown Sports' bar. It didn’t feel very much like ETFC have anything to do with the place. There’s a tacky hand drawn sign proclaiming ‘Brimsdown Rovers FC’ in the window that faces the car park and the notice board is filled with loads of BRFC pictures. I suppose it’s fair that they use the BRFC sign above the entrance to the ground when Town are not playing there but something needs to be done about joint signage if Towners are to be encouraged to use the establishment on non-matchdays and out-of-season.

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI
I think the shabbiness of the current set-up,is one of the reasons BSC urgently need the injection of ideas,professionalism and drive,that Towns input would provide.As such,if were a Brimsdown member i would jump at the chance to share the lease and move the Stadium and finances forward into the future.

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
Originally Posted By: Duke of York
Enfield Town FC and Brimsdown Rovers need to reach an agreement about the signage at Goldsdown Road. I popped down there this afternoon to support the 'Goldsdown Sports' bar. It didn’t feel very much like ETFC have anything to do with the place. There’s a tacky hand drawn sign proclaiming ‘Brimsdown Rovers FC’ in the window that faces the car park and the notice board is filled with loads of BRFC pictures. I suppose it’s fair that they use the BRFC sign above the entrance to the ground when Town are not playing there but something needs to be done about joint signage if Towners are to be encouraged to use the establishment on non-matchdays and out-of-season.

No doubt somebody is working hard to make sure that ETFC get 50% of everything should a shared lease be put in place and I am sure this includes signage, notice board space, entrance lobby upgrade, condition of car park, fencing etc. First impressions........

offline BrimsdownRover

BrimsdownRover
  • Reserves
  • Foes: Townies , Chesnuts.
  • Fav. Sport(s): Futsal
Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
I think the shabbiness of the current set-up,is one of the reasons BSC urgently need the injection of ideas,professionalism and drive,that Towns input would provide.As such,if were a Brimsdown member i would jump at the chance to share the lease and move the Stadium and finances forward into the future.
Jump at the chance to share the lease would you .Injection of Ideas and professionalism ... Ha Ha Ha thats the funniest thing I've read for yonks ,you should get on stage fella you'd make a fantastic comic . So what if you did get half the lease WHAT THEN ? After a given ammount of time you would most likely bleat for all the lease . A bad day for Brimmo members then .

offline BrimsdownRover

BrimsdownRover
  • Reserves
  • Foes: Townies , Chesnuts.
  • Fav. Sport(s): Futsal
Originally Posted By: andyetfc

No doubt somebody is working hard to make sure that ETFC get 50% of everything should a shared lease be put in place and I am sure this includes signage, notice board space, entrance lobby upgrade, condition of car park, fencing etc. First impressions........
Dont forget 50% of bills and other running cost something you have gotton off very lightly with up to now .

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
And you've got of very lightly by having free use of a fulltime Groundsman (allowing you to play up to 5 games a week on the pitch).The free use of seats ,stands and the free improvments of most of your facilites such as Changings rooms and toilets...etc..etc..etc.I presume you don't mind the increase in money going behind the bar either.

Lets face it.You currently rack up bills.With our help,i'm sure you'll start picking up profit.

PS..I finally hope that going 50/50 will involve Brimsdown doing 50% of the hard work and graft? I won't hold my breath. sick

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
Originally Posted By: BrimsdownRover
Originally Posted By: andyetfc

Dont forget 50% of bills and other running cost something you have gotton off very lightly with up to now .

My point entirely! 50% profits and 50% losses!

What was the outcome of the Brimmo consultation process regarding a possible shared lease?

offline Duke of York

Duke of York
  • Reserves Coach
Sign of the times...

Attached Files

• Attached File  BRFC.jpg   150.01KB   76 downloads

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
That sign would have looked mickey-mouse in the 70's.

offline Gazza

Gazza
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Lets be honest the whole clubhouse....... and I use the term "clubhouse" losely ......could do with bulldozing, one blessing in the coming season is the smoking ban, the clubhouse use to resemble a northern working mans club on a friday night, you had trouble seeing the bar through the smoke, is there any extraction fans or air con? the toilets are disgusting, & the kitchen area looks like a serious health hazard.

The sooner the council get their finger out & their act together the better, weather Its in my lifetime or not is another matter.

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
That's it son, blame the Council! No doubt one day we will all find out what the leaseholders are responsible for.

offline Gazza

Gazza
Originally Posted By: Gazza
.....The sooner the council get their finger out & their act together the better, weather Its in my lifetime or not is another matter.....

.....To sort out the new ground!! doh

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
I voted against a shared lease and I am even more certain that this is a bad move for ETFC.

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
At least there is a disabled sign in the car park at last!

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
I'm surprised they didn't handpaint that on a piece of cardboard.

Lets just hope Enfield council actually look at how Brimsdown has been run throughout the duration of the previous lease,before deciding what they want to happen with the new lease.

offline Duke of York

Duke of York
  • Reserves Coach
I mentioned the sign because to me, it looks like Brimsdown Rovers are stamping their mark on Goldsdown Road. I can’t remember them propping this sign up last season. I wonder what the reason is. Maybe they [BRFC] feel threatened by the joint tenure with Town?

When it comes to the signage will it be ‘Goldsdown Road - Home of Enfield Town FC & Brimsdown Rovers FC’ or will it be alphabetical order?

offline townerboy

townerboy
  • Reserves Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town
the sooner we move from there, the better

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
At least there is a disabled sign in the car park at last!

But who is going to police the car park to make sure that the space is used by those who need it the most?

offline theabbeyabbott

theabbeyabbott
  • rank
  • Supports: Waltham Abbey
Is this the pre-season rant and rave forum?

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
No. Just asking questions which one day may be answered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus