Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Goldsdown Road - Home of Brimsdown Rovers FC!

Enfield Town FC and Brimsdown Rovers need to reach an agreement about the signage at Goldsdown Road. I popped down there this afternoon to support the 'Goldsdown Sports' bar. It didn’t feel very much like ETFC have anything to do with the place. There’s a tacky hand drawn sign proclaiming ‘Brimsdown Rovers FC’ in the window that faces the car park and the notice board is filled with loads of BRFC pictures. I suppose it’s fair that they use the BRFC sign above the entrance to the ground when Town are not playing there but something needs to be done about joint signage if Towners are to be encouraged to use the establishment on non-matchdays and out-of-season.

I think the shabbiness of the current set-up,is one of the reasons BSC urgently need the injection of ideas,professionalism and drive,that Towns input would provide.As such,if were a Brimsdown member i would jump at the chance to share the lease and move the Stadium and finances forward into the future.

Originally Posted By: Duke of York
Enfield Town FC and Brimsdown Rovers need to reach an agreement about the signage at Goldsdown Road. I popped down there this afternoon to support the 'Goldsdown Sports' bar. It didn’t feel very much like ETFC have anything to do with the place. There’s a tacky hand drawn sign proclaiming ‘Brimsdown Rovers FC’ in the window that faces the car park and the notice board is filled with loads of BRFC pictures. I suppose it’s fair that they use the BRFC sign above the entrance to the ground when Town are not playing there but something needs to be done about joint signage if Towners are to be encouraged to use the establishment on non-matchdays and out-of-season.

No doubt somebody is working hard to make sure that ETFC get 50% of everything should a shared lease be put in place and I am sure this includes signage, notice board space, entrance lobby upgrade, condition of car park, fencing etc. First impressions........

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
I think the shabbiness of the current set-up,is one of the reasons BSC urgently need the injection of ideas,professionalism and drive,that Towns input would provide.As such,if were a Brimsdown member i would jump at the chance to share the lease and move the Stadium and finances forward into the future.
Jump at the chance to share the lease would you .Injection of Ideas and professionalism ... Ha Ha Ha thats the funniest thing I've read for yonks ,you should get on stage fella you'd make a fantastic comic . So what if you did get half the lease WHAT THEN ? After a given ammount of time you would most likely bleat for all the lease . A bad day for Brimmo members then .

Originally Posted By: andyetfc

No doubt somebody is working hard to make sure that ETFC get 50% of everything should a shared lease be put in place and I am sure this includes signage, notice board space, entrance lobby upgrade, condition of car park, fencing etc. First impressions........
Dont forget 50% of bills and other running cost something you have gotton off very lightly with up to now .

And you've got of very lightly by having free use of a fulltime Groundsman (allowing you to play up to 5 games a week on the pitch).The free use of seats ,stands and the free improvments of most of your facilites such as Changings rooms and toilets...etc..etc..etc.I presume you don't mind the increase in money going behind the bar either.

Lets face it.You currently rack up bills.With our help,i'm sure you'll start picking up profit.

PS..I finally hope that going 50/50 will involve Brimsdown doing 50% of the hard work and graft? I won't hold my breath. sick

Originally Posted By: BrimsdownRover
Originally Posted By: andyetfc

Dont forget 50% of bills and other running cost something you have gotton off very lightly with up to now .

My point entirely! 50% profits and 50% losses!

What was the outcome of the Brimmo consultation process regarding a possible shared lease?

Lets be honest the whole clubhouse....... and I use the term "clubhouse" losely ......could do with bulldozing, one blessing in the coming season is the smoking ban, the clubhouse use to resemble a northern working mans club on a friday night, you had trouble seeing the bar through the smoke, is there any extraction fans or air con? the toilets are disgusting, & the kitchen area looks like a serious health hazard.

The sooner the council get their finger out & their act together the better, weather Its in my lifetime or not is another matter.

I mentioned the sign because to me, it looks like Brimsdown Rovers are stamping their mark on Goldsdown Road. I can’t remember them propping this sign up last season. I wonder what the reason is. Maybe they [bRFC] feel threatened by the joint tenure with Town?

When it comes to the signage will it be ‘Goldsdown Road - Home of Enfield Town FC & Brimsdown Rovers FC’ or will it be alphabetical order?