Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Goldsdown Road - Home of Brimsdown Rovers FC!

Can't we all calm down, we have the opportunity to work together for the benefit of both clubs. It is clear that there are some dissenting voices, but even they must agree that both BRSC and ETFC need to develop their businesses if we are both going to be successful in the future.

The arrangements contained in the current proposal will, of course, have its difficulties but if the two clubs work together there is a chance that we both will able to look forward to a future.

The shortsighted rants by supporters (?) of both clubs will jeopardsise the future of both clubs. I suspect that the postings on this forum do not reflect the views of many and as they appear to be coming from 2 or 3 people, the maority of real supporters should support the board of ETFC and join with our friend from BRSC ( not their vocal minority ) in making this joint venture successful.

Originally Posted By: enfield_paul
the sooner we move from there, the better

It would be great to get to the QE Stadium sooner rather than later but the reality is that Town will be at Goldsdown Road for a few seasons yet. If Town and Rovers can work harmoniously to make GR an equally shared stadium in every aspect then I'm sure it will be a great success.

As someone pointed out earlier in this thread, the sharing of successes in the venture also means we'll have to have an equal share in the pitfalls and problems that we'll encounter along the way.

Originally Posted By: MTHead
Can't we all calm down, we have the opportunity to work together for the benefit of both clubs. It is clear that there are some dissenting voices, but even they must agree that both BRSC and ETFC need to develop their businesses if we are both going to be successful in the future.

The arrangements contained in the current proposal will, of course, have its difficulties but if the two clubs work together there is a chance that we both will able to look forward to a future.

The shortsighted rants by supporters (?) of both clubs will jeopardsise the future of both clubs. I suspect that the postings on this forum do not reflect the views of many and as they appear to be coming from 2 or 3 people, the maority of real supporters should support the board of ETFC and join with our friend from BRSC ( not their vocal minority ) in making this joint venture successful.

The shortsighted rants by supporters (?)
I therefore take it that views and opinions on here, which you do not agree with, cannot be made by supporters of ETFC, hence the question mark?

Does anyone know what is exactly contained within the proposed shared lease which will be made available to members? It appears that you seem to know.

As I am not involved in the management of the club I don't know the details of the proposal, however we do have a Board of directors who have been elected to manage the club and I am prepared to have faith in their judgement.

I happen to believe in supporting the board and that it is also clear that they have the best interests of the club at heart. It is also quite evident all the supporters will not agree on the way forward, but we elect the directors annually to make these difficult decisions and we need to get behind them if we are to make the club a success.

I thoroughly understand that that others have opposing views and I respect their right to express these views, but we have to understand that the views of the Board cannot be posted on this type of forum and therefore the views on this forum are not necessarily representative of either the ( silent ) majority nor are they necessarily the best informed.

I do not think that having a slanging match with the BSSC members is helpful !

Originally Posted By: MTHead
As I am not involved in the management of the club I don't know the details of the proposal, however we do have a Board of directors who have been elected to manage the club and I am prepared to have faith in their judgement.

I happen to believe in supporting the board and that it is also clear that they have the best interests of the club at heart.

...I respect their right to express these views, but we have to understand that the views of the Board cannot be posted on this type of forum and therefore the views on this forum are not necessarily representative of either the ( silent ) majority nor are they necessarily the best informed.

I do not think that having a slanging match with the BSSC members is helpful !

When kept in the dark and fed compost growth can be dynamic but maybe not what the grower was looking for. Does the buyer trust the grower? Hopefully. The Board will ultimately be measured by the quality and quantity of the crop they harvest at the end. I wait with baited breath.

The Board is the strong silent type which is therefore a risk they take and a risk the less well informed but impatient and eager fans take.

If the QE has no function room.Brimsdown could continue to be our function headquaters and maybe still used by reserves/ladies team.It could also continue to provide an income to help fund the club IF run properly.As such Brimsdown Fc would continue to recieve the support and added income that out joint management would provide.

So the QE would have no function or facilities other than as a first team pitch? But presumably we would be paying rent on it, as well as our half of the lease on Brimmo. QE income would thus be the gate money, but Brimmo income would be from lettings and bar takings. What would bar takings be without ETFC home games I wonder?.

Still, I'm sure it's all been worked out in great detail...which will be presented to the members in due course...

I had thought that the idea was to move lock stock and barrel to the QE, which would by then have a bar, function room etc

For the QE to be viable it would have to be able to accommadate a Bar (probably where the old Cafe area is).I doubt that would be big enough for functions such as weddings or presentation evenings..etc,but could generate plenty of 'bar money' during games.

The last thing we want to do if we do get the QE in the future,is to then have to pay the rugby club next door, in order to put on functions/supporters meetings..etc.

If we do get an agreement for the QE stadium then it must have facilities for a bar for supporters to be used on matchdays and players and others to use after games and training.

This facility is one of the main reasons why we need our own ground as we then get all the income from this, if the QE comes without any bar facilities then its gonna be a non runner.

Shall we shun the oppotunity to help fund our club over the next 30 years?Shall we turn down the chance of a secured future in Enfield for the next 30 years? Shall we say NO to having a vastly increased say on how things are run at our current home?simply on the off chance that we MAY be offered the QE in the future,and if we are, someone MAY build us a fuction room..etc.

You've got to play percentages,and if the QE does come off in the future ,the partership at Brimsdwon could still be benificial for us (and Brimsdown ssc) even after we have moved.

My only worry,is if the signing of the lease will hinder our chances with the council of moving to the QE (if it becomes available for redevlopment in the future)

How about we all wait and see what happens in the autumn?

Minute taken from the public document from the Chase, Southbury and Town Area Forum on Thursday 7 June 2007.

Minute 4ix. 6.8 Queen Elizabeth ll Stadium

A resident advised that the local press had reported that two football clubs would be utilising the stadium.

Councillor Rye responded saying that there were no confirmed plans for the stadium. A report would be going to Cabinet in the Autumn and a paper released with the details. He added that none of the proposals would encroach onto the playing fields

As i said,its all going to take time.Hopefully we will have a clearer view on the future of the QE and possible options on that direction,before a final decision is due on Brimdsdown,but i maintain that it wouldn't be the end of the world if we were given the QE, in conjunction with leasing Brimsdown.But it would be a disaster if nothing came of the QE and we had missed the oppotunity to consolidate and secure our finances by taking an option on the Brimsdown lease,and then find that Brimsdwon are unwilling to continue our groundshare when the current contract runs out in about 2010.