Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Goldsdown Road - Home of Brimsdown Rovers FC!

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
How about we all wait and see what happens in the autumn?

Minute taken from the public document from the Chase, Southbury and Town Area Forum on Thursday 7 June 2007.

Minute 4ix. 6.8 Queen Elizabeth ll Stadium

Councillor Rye responded saying that there were no confirmed plans for the stadium. .... He added that none of the proposals would encroach onto the playing fields

The Prime Minister's need for housing in Enfield may force this policy of not encroaching on park pitches to be revoked. Imagine how many houses Gordon Brown could get on Enfield Rec. So lets have a little wager on how many park football pitches will remain in 2012 within the Borough of Enfield? BE honest it is a quick win to build on park land and who notices the increase in the average weight of the local population through lack of exercise.

Surely the more homes you build,the more football pitches you will need in the borough?

But this government doesn't think in straight lines.They don't realise that more people = the need for more facilites.They are twisted enough to actually remove facilities in order to build more homes.priceless!

The more homes you need, the more tv/video/dvd handsets you need to watch even more sport on the telly. Saves people getting up from their seats to change channels.

I thought that's what wives were invented for!!! grin

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
The more homes you need, the more tv/video/dvd handsets you need to watch even more sport on the telly. Saves people getting up from their seats to change channels.

I thought that's what wives were invented for!!! grin

Do you want to clump him Mrs H or shall I?

hanged

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
And you've got of very lightly by having free use of a fulltime Groundsman (allowing you to play up to 5 games a week on the pitch).The free use of seats ,stands and the free improvments of most of your facilites such as Changings rooms and toilets...etc..etc..etc.I presume you don't mind the increase in money going behind the bar either.

Lets face it.You currently rack up bills.With our help,i'm sure you'll start picking up profit.

PS..I finally hope that going 50/50 will involve Brimsdown doing 50% of the hard work and graft? I won't hold my breath. sick
Free Groundsman ? Perhaps , Free use of seats & stands ? ,Think carefully on that one !!! You really are a top line comic ,pity you wernt about 30 years ago you might have put Tommy Cooper out of Business ,Your all mouth & Trousers mate I doubt youve ever done any of this so called hard graft at all except with your mouth, maybe you might use it as a shovel just incase you do decide to do a bit of graft ,

Free use of improved facilities ?,More so for your benefit than ours I suspect ,
Increase in money behind the bar , Do you indulge in there then ? Also Probably not in fact 20% of you do if that and thats on a good day. We rack up bills alright most businesses do ,So what do you think 50-50 ownership will achieve then ,Its bad enough having some of you stroll about as if you own the place already ,crist knows what'll happen if you do get the joint lease ,Its not a secret that you have no money

I cant see anything in it for brimmo other than you lot walking all over us . Go find your own ground and leave ours be.

Originally Posted By: The Invisible Man
Quite right SL, Happy's statement is quite out of order.

That is what the kids are for! The wife is of course in the kitchen!

(Basking smugly in the security of a 200 mile safety zone!!! grin)

Be afraid, be very afraid!!!!!!

dark3

BrimsdownRover,we don't want to get into arguements with the small minority of agitaitors at Brimsdown.Or get into arguements with people who feel that 'raking up bills and debts' is normal business practice.

I will just pull you up on one thing however.The Football Foundation awarded ENFIELD TOWN the money to purchase the two stands and they remain our property.Brimsdown were awarded money to build fencing/walkways/turnstiles..etc.Brimdsdown are well aware of this, and we have recently clarified this fact with both them and The Football Foundation.

PS..The reason so few Town fans currently use the bar on matchdays,is directly related to the rude and unwelcoming attitude we receive when we do venture in.

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
BrimsdownRover,we don't want to get into arguements with the small minority of agitaitors at Brimsdown.Or get into arguements with people who feel that 'raking up bills and debts' is normal business practice.

I will just pull you up on one thing however.The Football Foundation awarded ENFIELD TOWN the money to purchase the two stands and they remain our property.Brimsdown were awarded money to build fencing/walkways/turnstiles..etc.Brimdsdown are well aware of this, and we have recently clarified this fact with both them and The Football Foundation.

PS..The reason so few Town fans currently use the bar on matchdays,is directly related to the rude and unwelcoming attitude we receive when we do venture in.
Wrong again , More than a small minority of agitators ,
Racking up bills ? so what did you lot do at the old Enfield club then ,Wernt exactly breaking even was you.
As far as the stands go you may have a point but remember who's ground they are in. You cant exacly fold them away after each game now can you .
Rude / unwelcoming attitude ? So what do you want then ? RED CARPETS - FANFARES - CHEERLEADERS - APPLAUSE or may be even TICKERTAPE when you walk in . I see no evidence of what you are saying ,Must be your imagination working overtime.

Originally Posted By: BrimsdownRover

What was the outcome of the Brimmo consultation process regarding a possible shared lease?
Read my catchphrase its a bit of a clue

BR - All I was asking was whether anybody knew the outcome of the Brimmo consultation process as the ETFC members were told that the Brimmo members were going to have a meeting to discuss proposals.

No harm in asking.

Originally Posted By: Duke of York
Originally Posted By: Squadron Leader

Of course she can Andy, us women can multie-task!!!!!

You might be able to 'multie-task' but you can't spell!

Never said I could spell did i? Just that I can multi-task!!!!!

evil2