Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 17-August 17 )

• Photo
    Historian

• Photo
    I am Spartacus

• Photo
    Ritchie

• Photo
    Monkey8

• Photo
    TowerHamletsAdam

• Photo
    ExCalibur

• Photo
    ExLandlord (HUFC)

Photo

Sponsered Walk

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
10 replies to this topic

offline Sharming Paula

Sharming Paula
  • Youth Team Coach
Well Done to all those who participated in the walk today.
Sorry I was unable to join ya (health reasons) but hopefully Glen remembered to put the twenty quid I gave him in the bucket and didnt get a round of drinks (only joking Glen)
Hope there aint too many blisters.

bow applause

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
Thanks Paula. Due to the bad weather only 7 of us managed to take part in the walk from Southend to Canvey.

When we first got to Benfleet station this morning at 7am it was during the middle of a complete monsoon and we nearly abandoned the walk then and there.

Quite a few of us had managed to get to Benfleet station but many of them were soaked to the skin whilst walking from their homes. Scuba Steve certainly reflected his forum name!!!!

It was just not feasible or wise for these persons to take part in the walk so after much deliberation they went home to dry out and get ready to meet at Waterside for 11am. To say they were gutted was an understatement.

Luckily the likes of me, Glenn, Mini Goose, Lefty etc had got lifts so were reasonably dry. We got to Southend at about 7.40am and started the walk straight away in persistant heavy rain. Luckily within about 10 minutes the rain stopped and we ended up having a beautiful summer's day.

Got to Waterside to join the rest of the group doing the walk just before 11 and the rest as they say is history.

Well done to everyone who took part in the walk and those who sponsered them.

My legs ache!!!!

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
  • Supports: Canvey Island
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football
I was perfectly fine walking around the sea-wall, but when we got back to the Club my Hayfever went into overload frown

Got home after the walk and the other half and myself were totally zonked, passing out for a few hours this afternoon.

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
I don't normally suffer from hayfever but my synuses were really blocked later this afternoon.

Bloody global warming and I have sunburn!!!! I was more worried about getting drenched this morning!!

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
  • Supports: Canvey Island
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football
Yes, moi does have a rather red neck now after the event. Forget the Sun is still beaming down, what with the cool breeze coming in from the water.

offline feather2801

feather2801
  • Reserves
yeah as matt so nicely puts it lol the other half was shattered got quite burnt but only on one side of my face so look like the phantom of the opera lol laugh

had a really good day though nice to see the other part of the island as never been that way around the wall always come from the lobstersmack end to the point

offline Linneycifc

Linneycifc
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
EASY.....EASY.....EASY

Lets walk to SUDBURY!!!!!!!

offline Eastside Urchin

Eastside Urchin
  • President Elect
  • rank
  • Supports: AFC Hornchurch
  • Foes: Romford
linney,even i will part with money if you walk to sudbury!!1

offline Lefty

Lefty
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Originally Posted By: Linneycifc

Lets walk to SUDBURY!!!!!!!

You can do that one on your own!!! lol smile

offline Mini Goose

Mini Goose
  • Reserves Coach
a very good day that was. great laugh and well done to everyone who participated

offline feather2801

feather2801
  • Reserves
hi just wondering if anyone took any pictures whilst we where walking as i only got to take two then my phone ran out of battery
feather

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus