Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

a whift of woofters at wombledon

Originally Posted By: sw16girl

As for it not being a "serious" crime - it is attitudes like "all gays are child molestors" that lead to the serious crimes of gay bashing and even murder.

Re-read my post carefully. I have not commented on the seriousness of the alleged crime as I did not witness it. You have accepted that an apology would "right the wrong" which I interpret as a measure of it's seriousness ie.. not serious enough that the Police need be involved. Yet you had to submit, then withdraw, a complaint to the Police within a very short period of time. Why? Your answer is...

Quote:
My intention in reporting it was to make the author realise that equating gays with child molesters is a serious matter and is actually actionable.

A Sledgehammer & Walnut situation if ever I saw one, and probably totally unecessary anyway. So you see your actions as didactic. It's your place to teach people a lesson in such matters is it? I'd suggest that attitude breeds resentment and harms any cause you choose to nail your colours to (somehow I suspect there are others wink ).

As a matter of interest how would you deal with matters like that or do you think it is acceptable to make those type of comments without any redress?

I can't express an opinion on the comments you mention as I am unaware of their exact form or context. Broadly speaking I don't believe you'll defeat any kind of bigotry by constant redress to the law, especially if those laws are then abused by individuals wishing to slake their own thirst for moral superiority. It's an over used phrase at present but there is a need to win "Hearts & Minds". Career building idealist young lawyers could do far more harm than good by "shooting from the hip" when a considered reaction is necessary. But if they're not actualy concerned with the cause (just the Kudos that goes with promoting it) they probably wouldn't care about the long term effect of their actions.

And according to the The Insolvency Service website again - here this time

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/guidanceleaflets/reuseofcompanyname/reuseofcompanyname.htm

If you contravene section 216 of the Act, you are committing a criminal offence(my bolding). You may be prosecuted by the Department of Trade and Industry and could go to prison if you are convicted. In addition, under section 217 of the Act you could be made personally liable for the debts incurred during the time that you were involved in managing a business using a prohibited name, even if it was a limited company. This could happen whether you are prosecuted under section 216 or not.

great stuff except the above is the general terms of section 216 and can be found in any copy of the insolvency act...

this little dearie is a bit of a clever fairy is he/she not... grin

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

And according to the The Insolvency Service website again - here this time

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/guidanceleaflets/reuseofcompanyname/reuseofcompanyname.htm

If you contravene section 216 of the Act, you are committing a criminal offence(my bolding). You may be prosecuted by the Department of Trade and Industry and could go to prison if you are convicted. In addition, under section 217 of the Act you could be made personally liable for the debts incurred during the time that you were involved in managing a business using a prohibited name, even if it was a limited company. This could happen whether you are prosecuted under section 216 or not.

great stuff except the above is the general terms of section 216 and can be found in any copy of the insolvency act...

this little dearie is a bit of a clever fairy is he/she not... grin

Sorry not sure what your point is - you are right it can be found in any copy of the Insolvency Act - doesn't make it any less pertinent.

and he/she? Any particular reason for that?

lets not beat around the bush....

sw16 girl...they think you are a gay bloke

Unc, we cater for all types at Griffin Park, so any homosexual orientated players or fans are welcome......duck

like I say...sat, 3pm KO...entry £10, or £5 consessions...kids £1

free entry if wearing the new BFC away kit...

Originally Posted By: Rick the Dick

As for it not being a "serious" crime - it is attitudes like "all gays are child molestors" that lead to the serious crimes of gay bashing and even murder.

Re-read my post carefully. I have not commented on the seriousness of the alleged crime as I did not witness it. You have accepted that an apology would "right the wrong" which I interpret as a measure of it's seriousness ie.. not serious enough that the Police need be involved. Yet you had to submit, then withdraw, a complaint to the Police within a very short period of time. Why? Your answer is...

Quote:
My intention in reporting it was to make the author realise that equating gays with child molesters is a serious matter and is actually actionable.

A Sledgehammer & Walnut situation if ever I saw one, and probably totally unecessary anyway. So you see your actions as didactic. It's your place to teach people a lesson in such matters is it? I'd suggest that attitude breeds resentment and harms any cause you choose to nail your colours to (somehow I suspect there are others wink ).

As a matter of interest how would you deal with matters like that or do you think it is acceptable to make those type of comments without any redress?

I can't express an opinion on the comments you mention as I am unaware of their exact form or context. Broadly speaking I don't believe you'll defeat any kind of bigotry by constant redress to the law, especially if those laws are then abused by individuals wishing to slake their own thirst for moral superiority. It's an over used phrase at present but there is a need to win "Hearts & Minds". Career building idealist young lawyers could do far more harm than good by "shooting from the hip" when a considered reaction is necessary. But if they're not actualy concerned with the cause (just the Kudos that goes with promoting it) they probably wouldn't care about the long term effect of their actions.

As you say you didn't see the original post so any of your comments are rather shots in the dark really. I did see it an took the appropriate action - you may have considered it sledgehammer and walnut but the sdesired result was achieved. As for totally unnecessary - no it wasn't, but I do not expect you to believe me on that one so we will have to disagree.

However I am willing to forgive you everything for your description of me as a Career building idealist young lawyer - that is more funny than you could possibly realise. And as for promoting a cause for the Kudos that goes with it - wrong again - I have my own personal and family reasons for feeling strongly about the issues here which I do not intend to share but are genuine - you really have managed to miss the target in a truly spectacular manner on that one.

As for constant redress to the law - I think you are actually wrong on that one as well - consider as an example the drink driving laws. When I was young it was considered almost entirely acceptable to have a few - I just remember the indignation felt by the vast majority of the population (have you worked out why I was so amused at your description of me yet?) when that nasty Barbara Castle woman spoilt everyone's fun and brought in the drink/drive laws. However constant redress to them has done wonders and saved a lot of lives in the process and among my children's generation drink/driving is considered something you just do not do.

Originally Posted By: Greg_Dyke
lets not beat around the bush....

sw16 girl...they think you are a gay bloke

Unc, we cater for all types at Griffin Park, so any homosexual orientated players or fans are welcome......duck

like I say...sat, 3pm KO...entry £10, or £5 consessions...kids £1

free entry if wearing the new BFC away kit...

you are kidding? - no you are not - that is even funnier.

Sadly this Saturday is the Scout jumble sale and I'm due to help out so I will have to give it a miss

Ho hum...I hanker for the old days when Gay meant happy, if you were queer you were ill, faggots were rather tasty offal, pansies were flowers, a Cottager supported Fulham, sh!t-shovellers followed the Lord's Mayor Show and a Turd Burglar was part of a triumvirate of Irish criminals.. Oh well, back to Charlie and the Chocolate Motorway bigshock ...

I did see it an took the appropriate action - you may have considered it sledgehammer and walnut but the sdesired result was achieved. As for totally unnecessary - no it wasn't, I have my own personal and family reasons for feeling strongly about the issues here which I do not intend to share

fck me this one is a real nutter for sure....all sorts of dormant deep rooted insecre nasties have surfaced.... chainsaw

anyway....lets have a little tally up....

never goes on the isthmianfnsforum but just happened to see one post in 1000's and reported it to the police...

registered on here just to answer me only yesterday

knew all about me and my name but supports a league club that I have no dealings with and doesn't support afcw yest goes on their message board and calls a poster by his nick name..!!

insists that nett made accusations which she did not...

hhhmmmmm...all very interesting stuff.....

now then...to enlighten this thread even more...can our new friend please post the offending post in full on here so our fellow posters may judge for themselves what was said... (do not hold your breath here readers)

oh and dykie......I never pre-judge in reality but this is a forum in case you hadn't noticed yet.....your name is not gregory and my name is not UU....we can make it all up as we go along.....so get a sense of humour you little closet lesbian you..... grin

what a load of old self serving whining anally retentive bollox....

As you say you didn't see the original post so any of your comments are rather shots in the dark really...

Why? I've only commented on your actions. Not the post that you initially found offensive,

However I am willing to forgive you everything for your description of me as a Career building idealist young lawyer... ...(have you worked out why I was so amused at your description of me yet?)

Please stop mis-quoting me. That's the second time you've done it. I have not described you at all. How could I? I don't know you? Once again, re-read my post carefully.

I have an opinion about your actions, which I consider were wrong for the reasons stated in my previous two posts. I also have an opinion on your explanation for your actions, which I consider is pretty weak. However that's my opinion; it's subjective and others may disagree and think your doing a wonderful job for society in general. Others may think your a vindictive busy-body. Such is life.

Edit:- Sorry. Forgot to add. Your comparison with Drink Driving legislation is so full of flawed logic I could spend all day pulling it apart (but don't have the time). Suffice to say people D&D because it's convenient whereas Bigotry is a state of mind. You wont defeat Bigotry with a "sledgehammer", just drive it below the surface. But as long as that makes you feel good inside eh.. That's all that matters.

I can see why you seem to have run into trouble with figures before - your ability to add 2 and 2 and add up to 5 is pretty impressive and I suspect may get you into trouble (or make that more trouble) one day.

Answers

1. No of course I am not posting the post again and when you asked me to you knew I wouldn't so presumably you think you have scored some kind of point with that. It was deeply offensive and then withdrawn so I am not going to repeat causing offence - I do have it screen printed though. As you possibly know it was directed to a particular poster and equated homosexuality with being a child molester. I am willing to accept that it may have been an unfortunate use of words and unintentional but when it was pointed out, the poster refused to withdraw it or apologise possibly out of some feeling that they would have "lost" whatever argument they were indulging in at the time.

2. I certainly do not know all about you but I do know a certain amount gleaned from here and there.

3.Yes I post on the AFCW message board - it is a small and friendly board and I know the father of one of their players, because I do post there my attention was drawn to the offending post and I followed a link to see it and that is all you need to know.

4. Sunshine the only person whining here is you - I'm not whining and in fact think you are actually rather entertaining in an ineffectual manner - I haven't heard anyone use the word whoofter since they stopped doing repeats of "It ain't half hot Mum".

Anyway you are right in one thing I only registered to comment on your initial and deeply misleading comments so much as it has been entertaining I think that is about it now.

Abd Rick re your points below I always enjoy a response that twists the original points and then accuses the other person of doing just that - good net arguing but I can't be arsed to bother with anything other than to point out that the feeling that DD was acceptable was a state of mind - the feeling that it no longer is is also a state of mind.